Epcot or Hollywood Studios on a Saturday

disneykc321

Earning My Ears
Trip planned for Sep. 3 to 12 and still trying to get plans together lol. Which park would be a better choice for Saturday. Epcot or Dhs? Propably both are not a great choice but it has to be one of the two. Just looking for some opinions to help me come to a decision. Thanks.

I would see what FP you can get for that day and go from there. Some FP can most easily be gotten at the end of a trip, and if SW is a priority, I would do HS later in the trip since the SW FP will be easier to get then. Same with SDD if you prefer that. Probably more locals go to EP on weekends so that may make it more crowded on a Saturday.

With being 2 weeks within SW:GE opening, DHS is most likely going to be a madhouse. However, the crowd patterns after the opening of GE, both at other parks and within DHS, are still unknown. I agree that it depends on how much of SW:GE is a priority for you.

With SWGE just opening I would do EPCOT for the day and maybe if it get too crowded in the evening go back to the hotel for a swim

Sept 7 will only be the second Saturday that Galaxy’s Edge will have been open, so it will very likely be insanely crowded. Epcot gets busier a bit later in the day with a lot of locals showing up for dinner. However, it’s likely every park is going to be busier than normal from late August through...who knows? 2025? Or if/when Universal opens a third gate with lots of new HP stuff?

DH and I are doing a quick trip without the kids and are trying to hit DH September 7th as well. (Only chance we have.) We have zero interest in Star Wars so we’d skip it but it’s the only chance we have to do our faves of RNR and TOT together, always doing Rider Switch with the kids, so we’re gonna brave it.

With the new tiering and the fact that we want to get in and out, I’m not wasting FPs there. If we rope drop at 6am, think we could ride those a couple times before it gets too insane in the whole of the park?

I would see what FP you can get for that day and go from there. Some FP can most easily be gotten at the end of a trip, and if SW is a priority, I would do HS later in the trip since the SW FP will be easier to get then. Same with SDD if you prefer that. Probably more locals go to EP on weekends so that may make it more crowded on a Saturday.
there's no fp for SWGE or MFSR

I avoid EPCOT on Saturdays during the F & W Festival. I've had a few uncomfortable encounters with patrons who could not/ would not trim their drinking, so rather than hope it will turn out alright, I just avoid that day of the week there. JMHO.

Neither park will be good.
HS because of SWGE just opening most likely will be a madhouse.
EPCOT during F&W is crowded on weekends.
I would probabl pick EPCOT as it is much larger and can handle the crowd better.
I would start WS as early as possible and leave WS late afternoon as that seems to be when it gets really crazy Either go back to Futureworld or a different park, or enjoy the resort.

EPCOT hands down would be the strongly recommended choice! As previously stated DHS will be a total madhouse with the opening of SWGE and will likely frequently hit capacity especially on Saturdays. Epcot on the other hand while also busy due to F&W is a much better designed park to handle heavy crowds and hence it will not feel as crowded as DHS and will not be nearly as chaotic as anything like SWGE.

EPCOT hands down would be the strongly recommended choice! As previously stated DHS will be a total madhouse with the opening of SWGE and will likely frequently hit capacity especially on Saturdays. Epcot on the other hand while also busy due to F&W is a much better designed park to handle heavy crowds and hence it will not feel as crowded as DHS and will not be nearly as chaotic as anything like SWGE.
I don't know about the capacity part, I find that hard to believe. But it certainly will be busy, even if there is some sort of virtual queue or reservation system in place.

I think it would depend on whether you have kids or not. If you don't have kids, I'd go to Epcot. If you do have kids, I personally would brave the HS crowds. I will admit that I personally haven't been to Food & Wine yet (we go this fall) but from all the questions I asked and all the advice I have been given, everyone seems to be agreed to avoid Epcot on the weekends with kids.

I think it would depend on whether you have kids or not. If you don't have kids, I'd go to Epcot. If you do have kids, I personally would brave the HS crowds. I will admit that I personally haven't been to Food & Wine yet (we go this fall) but from all the questions I asked and all the advice I have been given, everyone seems to be agreed to avoid Epcot on the weekends with kids.
The OP stated they are not taking their children.

OP. I would do DHS. EPCOT on a Saturday afternoon/evening during F &W is not always great.

So are Saturdays the worst for Food & Wine, then? This trip we’re planning to hit it in the afternoon/evening specifically Fri Sept 6 and Sun Sept 8, but not Saturday.

So are Saturdays the worst for Food & Wine, then? This trip we’re planning to hit it in the afternoon/evening specifically Fri Sept 6 and Sun Sept 8, but not Saturday.

Saturdays during F&W are very popular with local AP holders, with that said, I think going as far as saying "the worst" is a harsh statement as IMO I actually enjoy F&W on Saturdays as the crowds of primarily locals kind of adds an extra layer of excitement and an overall festive feel in the air that you may not get on other days.

As far as the comparison with DHS, this is truly a no brainer, I honestly don't see how anyone would suggest that somehow DHS will be less crowded than Epcot especially with the opening of SWGE, unless you are an avid Star Wars fan or totally dislike Epcot, I would stray away from DHS and stick to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter