EPCOT Mexico Restaurants

kelann7

Mouseketeer
Which is better of the 2 Mexican restaurants in EPCOT? San Angel inn or la Hacienda de San Angel? Lunch or dinner? is there a difference?

Thanks

We have done both and I like Hacienda better. The inn is sooo dark and my pork was dry. Two strikes, out. We went twice, and the first time, my son was an infant. I fed him baby food but have no idea what I gave him because it was too dark to read the label.

I think I'd deal with the darkness if I loved the food, but it wasn't good enough.

Which is better of the 2 Mexican restaurants in EPCOT? San Angel inn or la Hacienda de San Angel? Lunch or dinner? is there a difference?

Thanks
The darkness the PP talks about isthe ambience many folks love. Different strokes for different folks.
They are different.
La Hacienda does not serve lunch, only dinner. Check out the menus to see.
On a recent trip I nearly cancelled San Angel Inn based on the bad reviews. It was the best meal of our trip.
I like both.
I would return to San Angel Inn first but would not hesitate to go back to La Hacienda.

I have not been to La Hacienda but have been to San Angel Inn a few times and would recommend it.

The food is ok, but you're not going for the food. You're going for the ambiance that Hopefully mentioned. For that reason, I prefer going for lunch, because of the contrast of going from daytime brightness outside to the "nighttime" inside the pavilion.

We've never eaten at either, but, while walking past San Angel Inn to get to the boat ride, I've always thought the food smelled great. But, then I look at the menu, and I lose interest. We love Mexican food, but that menu doesn't appeal to me.

I love La Hacienda, haven't been to San Angel Inn in years (there have been a few menu changes since I last ate there).

I have been to San Angel Inn many times, we like it a lot. We enjoy the darkish atmosphere, it makes for a lovely dining experience as long as you like that type of ambience. The food was always good as well. Service has always been so so there, but nothing awful.

We only ate dinner at La Hacienda once, but we did not like it at all. The food was not good. I had some kind of fish entree and my husband had a pork entree. Neither of us liked them. I doubt I will even be giving it another chance, which I would do sometimes when I do not like a first time dining experience.

Food is better at La Hacienda, atmosphere better at San Angel. La Hacienda wins for us because of the food.

La Hacienda is better but we like San Angel for the atmosphere.

My family ate at San Angel Inn and I thought the food was excellent! It’s not the typical Mexican food platters you find at most Mexican restaurants in America. You won’t get beans and rice with taco/burrito/tamale etc. If that is what you want, you will be disappointed. I thought it was delicious though. It reminded me more of the menus I have encountered at resorts we have vacationed at in Mexico. The service wasn’t the best. If we were doing table service meals on our upcoming trip I would definitely consider it.

We eat at San angel inn on pretty much every trip - a favorite of my daughter - both the food and atmosphere.

I love the atmosphere of San Angel Inn, just wished the food matched the decor. It has been a disappointment every time we have eaten there. Just not that good. And the tables are really close together.
Much prefer La Hacienda. But not the same atmosphere.

We've eaten at La Hacienda the last 4 or 5 times we've been to WDW. The menu was different last time we went, but it was still enjoyable. I'm not sure if it will stay on our must-do list list for the next trip. We've done San Angel Inn 2 or 3 times. I don't remember having strong feelings about it either way. I'd certainly eat there again, but we're not in a hurry.

We enjoy both for the food. The service at San Angel Inn wasn’t the best both times we went but it wasn’t horrible. When we eat at La Hacienda de San Angel we get a time near Illuminations and ask for a window seat, it’s not always possible but has worked out a couple times to watch from our seat.

San Angel has a gorgeous setting although you are sitting cheek to cheek with neighbouring tables.

The food struggles and has for many years. Although I tried a fish dish last Fall (pescado a la talla) and was pleasantly surprised as better quality and taste than the chicken or steak dishes. Service is hit and miss. I had a hit with great service the last time I was here.

The food and service is inconsistent and that makes it difficult to recommend esp with high WDW dining prices. My guess is that management has settled on a comfortable profit margin and will not experiment with better dishes no matter what the cooks may wish to try. The problem here isn't that guests are confused when they get traditional Mexican dishes rather than familiar American SouthWest fare, it's that the base protein has always been mediocre to poor quality. When you start with cheaper, poor wholesale ingredients, you usually get cheaper, poor entrees. Because the restaurant is front and centre in the Mexico pavilion with great foot traffic and curb appeal, they have no incentive to improve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter