Epcot La Hacienda de San Angel

mom2aprincenprincess

Mom to 2 prince's and 1 princess
In need of reviews of La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot. I booked a late dinner reservation there to have a nice view of Illuminations, but after reviewing the menu I’m worried that some in my party will not be happy with the food. It says it’s Mexican, but we know Mexican food as fajitas, enchiladas, chips and salsa, queso, etc. I also see a lot of corn tortillas listed. Do they offer flour tortillas? Does the food taste like Mexican food?? Do they have a dish that is like fajitas, but it just doesn’t say fajitas on the menu?

The food is very much Mexican. What you described is more Tex-Mex. You will still have chips and salsa at dinner. The Prix Fixe menu would be closer to fajitas. The meal serves two and comes out on an iron skillet like fajitas. Corn tortillas are more prominent, but I don’t know about the ability to have flour tortillas. Personally, I prefer corn so it doesn’t bother me. The food at la hacienda is more coastal Mexican, so more seafood options. Also, unless you have a seat next to a window, you view for illuminations will not be that good.

The food is very much Mexican. What you described is more Tex-Mex. You will still have chips and salsa at dinner. The Prix Fixe menu would be closer to fajitas. The meal serves two and comes out on an iron skillet like fajitas. Corn tortillas are more prominent, but I don’t know about the ability to have flour tortillas. Personally, I prefer corn so it doesn’t bother me. The food at la hacienda is more coastal Mexican, so more seafood options. Also, unless you have a seat next to a window, you view for illuminations will not be that good.
I have read that it’s possible to request a window seat....what are the odds??

I think they will be able to accommodate your tastes... you may just need to ask beyond the menu.

I have read that it’s possible to request a window seat....what are the odds??
Some tables have a very good view of IllumiNations, many have an okay or partial view and some have absolutely no view at all. Most request a table with a view so if seeing IllumiNations is important plan your meal so that you'll be finished and have time to find a spot around the lagoon.

I also think that they would be able to accommodate your tastes, just ask. I got the shrimp tacos and mine was made on flour tortillas. Honestly, there wasn't anything that was super adventurous in terms of Mexican, it was all variations of the Mexican food that we are all used to and I think that everyone will be happy. We were not seated near the windows, but lights were dimmed and we had a partial view and some of our party even got up to go near the windows. I really liked my meal there and plan on returning! Avocado margaritas and flan make any meal delicious!

We are Texans and we prefer La Hacienda over San Angel inside. We are Tex Mex junkies and La Hacienda is always a must for us. Of course we seem to always get the same thing. The paradilla platter. There are two versions land or surf. We get the one with chicken, steak, chorrizo sausage with grilled veggies, and corn that is basically like street corn but off the cobb. It is served with refried black beans and rice. Yes you can get flour tortillas and yes the margaritas are awesome! We keep saying we are going to order something different next time and always wind up with the same thing. My desert is a premium tequila flight and it is the perfect way to cap off a meal!

We are Texans and we prefer La Hacienda over San Angel inside. We are Tex Mex junkies and La Hacienda is always a must for us. Of course we seem to always get the same thing. The paradilla platter. There are two versions land or surf. We get the one with chicken, steak, chorrizo sausage with grilled veggies, and corn that is basically like street corn but off the cobb. It is served with refried black beans and rice. Yes you can get flour tortillas and yes the margaritas are awesome! We keep saying we are going to order something different next time and always wind up with the same thing. My desert is a premium tequila flight and it is the perfect way to cap off a meal!
This sounds amazing and exactly what would eat!

We ate there for our anniversary in September. I made our reservation at 8pm, hoping to have a good seat for IllumiNations. When we arrived, the host asked if we wanted to stay for the fireworks, and then sat us right at a window. I was told that any reservation 8pm or after they pretty much assume that's what you're looking for, and in our instance, that was correct. YMMV.

We had the steaks. They were excellent. I didn't love the black beans, but DH ate all of his and part of mine. We love Mexican food (both Tex-Mex and authentic), and thought the food was really good. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back again.

We ate there for our anniversary in September. I made our reservation at 8pm, hoping to have a good seat for IllumiNations. When we arrived, the host asked if we wanted to stay for the fireworks, and then sat us right at a window. I was told that any reservation 8pm or after they pretty much assume that's what you're looking for, and in our instance, that was correct. YMMV.

We had the steaks. They were excellent. I didn't love the black beans, but DH ate all of his and part of mine. We love Mexican food (both Tex-Mex and authentic), and thought the food was really good. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back again.
That’s amazing! Our reservation is for 7:45 So hopefully that will get us a great table for Illuminations if we request it! And I think that we will absolutely enjoy the food after hearing all of the reviews. I know I will probably love it, it’s my family that I’m worried about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter