Epcot IG Gateway Rope Drop: What would you do?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Beach Club and will have a morning planned at Epcot. We are looking for opinions on what to do first. We will probably get a FP for Soarin' as it is my wife's favorite Epcot ride by a mile.

Would you rope drop Frozen Ever After or Test Track?

Any help would be appreciated.

We were able to get all three as 4th FPs on our Feb/Mar trip without much refreshing.

Between FEA and TT, I'd RD FEA and single rider TT.

That said, Soarin' is the easiest to get as a 4th FP. It came up more often and for sooner return times for our party of 5.

I would book TT as the FP as it's most likely to experience downtime. With closures, if you have a FP, it'll covert to anytime for you. If you're trying to do standby, the line can get really bad when it comes back online and everyone is using their anytime FPs.

If you RD FEA and then head straight over to Soarin', you can still get that with a short (ish) wait and finish both rides in the first hour of operation.

Recently I have had great success with riding frozen first then soarin, both standby and FP+ing test track.

Soarin has a surge right at ropedrop and then falls slightly about 15 minutes later where as frozen escalates.

Since the addition of the third theater soarin has been a better bet standby than test track. If you do standby test track, go their first

I, personally, would RD Test Track because I'm not a Frozen fan. However, given that you are entering in France, I'd make the right turn and head toward Norway for the Frozen rides merely for logistical purposes. If, by the time you get down to TT, the standby line is too long for your liking, remember that there is a single-rider line and, though you may not end up in the same car, single-rider is an option. Hope you have a great trip!

I, personally, would RD Test Track because I'm not a Frozen fan. However, given that you are entering in France, I'd make the right turn and head toward Norway for the Frozen rides merely for logistical purposes. If, by the time you get down to TT, the standby line is too long for your liking, remember that there is a single-rider line and, though you may not end up in the same car, single-rider is an option. Hope you have a great trip!
They have not been allowing the turn right from the showcase recently

You cannot go right from IG - you have to walk around to Mexico to get to FEA

You cannot go right from IG - you have to walk around to Mexico to get to FEA
I've gone right because Les Halles is open in France for breakfast. But....if that has changed, then...I'd change my strategy to RD TT for sure. The only thing is that TT is often 'down' first thing in the morning. Just an FYI.

Me personally, I’d rope drop FEA, hustle over to Soarin, and FP TT.

We did this back in October. From photo time stamps:

They let us in at 8:54am. Went straight to FEA.

We exited FEA 9:18am. Headed to Soarin’.

We were watching the Soarin’ pre-show video at 9:52am.

Pretty painless. Kids are 8/4 so we weren’t the fastest walkers in the world.

ITA that TT is the one to FP because it’s most likely to have weather or mechanical issues.

I would rope drop FEA, standby Soarin then have the TT FP booked for 9:30 so you can go right there after riding the other 2. Schedule your second FP for 10:30 and you will probably be just about ready once you get off TT.

I’ve never NOT gotten a 4th FP for soarin’ and definitely wouldn’t waste a FP on it. I would FP Frozen, and then hope for a good line for TT or single rider. I’ve heard a lot of times single riders have a good chance of being in the same car. But I’d also just wait in line for it and keep an eye on it throughout the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter