Epcot Germany garden railroad going away?

FWRR3

Engineer for "The Little FWRR"
I heard from a reliable source that the Germany garden railroad is going to be replaced. Don't know if this is old news, but for me it's very sad. It seems to be very popular and has been improved and very well taken care of recently, with nice full trains running instead of just engines as in the past. Does anyone know more?

I don't see why it would be going away. It was just refurbed about a year ago.

I don't see why it would be going away. It was just refurbed about a year ago.

Because it sits right in front on an expansion slot. I always assumed it would only remain until they needed the space for something else.

It's my understanding that the layout was put in 21 years ago as a temporary display for the Flower and Garden Festival, but kept on due to its popularity.

We enjoy watching the trains for a few minutes every time we pass by. Something about it slows us down and gives us a much needed break from all the hustle and bustle.

If this is true then what do your sources say will replace it?

Last edited:

If this is true then what do your sources say would replace it?

I'm sorry to admit that I was present when someone else asked that question, and I couldn't hear the answer. I should have asked again but I didn't, but I will attempt to find out. I don't want to give more detail about the source of this info as I'm not sure that they were really supposed to talk about this. I posted this to see if anyone else had heard anything. I really hope that it is not true!

As @rteetz pointed out, the train set is a likely location for a country addition/expansion of a current one. As he pointed out there’s nothing imminent in the works officially, so I think the trains are safe for now

Love the trains and I thought it looked in very good shape in November. Seems like I read somewhere recently that there won't be any additional country pavilions added to WS. If that's true, that would mean only an eatery or gift shop would usurp the space where the train is.

Rumors still indicate at least one country is likely to be added.

OK thanks! I figured you would know. I can't remember where I saw that but it's only been in the past week or two. Might have been on a podcast. Your source may well be more reliable. :thumbsup2

OK thanks! I figured you would know. I can't remember where I saw that but it's only been in the past week or two. Might have been on a podcast. Your source may well be more reliable. :thumbsup2
There are several locations they could put a new country so they could add a country and keep the trains if it comes to that.

I'dsay they're safe for a bit but would likely go away for a new attraction connected to either Italy or Germany.

A lot of rumor activity based on Epcot. Excited for it to get some love. That being said, I think it has a LOT of ideas being proposed, and maybe about 1/3 of them will see action. Excited to see what shakes out.

YEa don't see a lot fo the stuff being thrown around happening or at least not real soon. It doesn't quite nee dthe full overhaul that Hollywood Studios needed so don't see them turning the whole park into a construction zone. Though imagine ove rthe next decade they'll probably slowly work in new rides throughout World Showcase and Future World (especailly updates to Imagination and Wonders of Life areas). Luckily a lot fo the areas for them to build won't really affect the park overall as they are unused plots of land or old buildings off the beaten path. The entrance plaza revamp will be the biggest impact.

I'm also get the impression that a lot more stuff is leaking from places that were normally pretty discrete. Whether it is intended as marketing, or if Disney just doesn't care to try to stop it any more, it surprises me. Maybe they were so tight lipped before, as they didn't have the budget to do anything.

or maybe they are letting stuff leak out a bit more to try to see what the public responds to best and help decide on what to work on first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!