Epcot DiveQuest

sturner1234

Earning My Ears
I am going to be over from the UK at the end of September and am going to be getting my PADI certification next month.
Has anyone done this event before and if so how did you find it? Is it worth the $180 fee? Do you have any feeling on it?
Do you think it is worth adding to my trip as it looks like it would be interesting with the marine life they have at the park.
Thanks for help.

There are definitely much more scenic aquariums in the US to dive in over Epcot's. But I think its pretty cool to say you have dived inside a Disney attraction.

Its in the eye of the beholder. My dad really like his experience and thought it worth it. But I think it depends on what your snorkel experience is. Have you snorkeled before and where. For me it wouldnt be worth it as I have had several amazing real life snorkeling experiences but if this is a first time or you dont get the chance to do snorkeling then I would do this experience.

It is a nice experience. You are guaranteed to see everything in the tank, unlike on a real dive where it can be unpredictable. It's a very controlled environment so that put me at ease as well. I never really loved the idea of being very deep in the ocean. I agree with the previous poster that now good snorkeling is enough for me. I have my advanced dive certification but I don't know how much I'll use it in the future. If you are excited about it, go for it! If you think you may regret spending the money, maybe it's best to skip it. It is exactly as you'd imagine it assuming you have seen the tanks on other visits. Not much surprise. For me it was a one and done kind of thing... but I'm not really an avid diver anymore like I was when I first became certified years ago.

I did it and loved it - and since you are just getting certified would be s great practice dive

I have done it twice and loved it. You get to see and swim with so many different creatures, all in one place, guaranteed. It's super safe, so good practice. I loved interacting with the humans in the human tank. I say go for it. It's a fun experience to have at Disney that most people don't get to do.

If they let you swim through that tube that goes through the SeaBase, then that would be awesome. I know nothing about diving, but that was always so cool to me to see a diver in that tube.

My husband and I did it on our last trip and felt like it was worth it, we had a lot of fun. Pretty hard to see that much variety of wildlife on a single ocean dive unless you are exceptionally lucky. Plus I'm a huge fan of sharks so it was cool to dive with them in a very non-intimidating environment.

My husband has more than 200 dives and still ranks this dive about his favorites. It is a fun and easy dive. I thought one of the most fun parts was interacting with the guests from inside the tank -- waving, giving high-fives and even turning flips. I would definitely do it if you have the opportunity and the money.

A drawstring backpack or T-shirt have been offered at different times as part of the dive. No personal gear except a mask are allowed. It is offered 5 days a week I believe.

PHXscuba

We've done it and enjoyed it. It's not a challenging dive, but it's unique. As others said, you get a chance to interact with the guests who are viewing, which was super fun.

My husband and daughter are wanting to do this on our trip in November. If they do the 4:30 tour, what time should I make our ADR for Via Napoli?

It can take up to 3 hours until they are standing back outside. I wouldn't make any reservations before 7:45/8:00. Or, do lunch?

PHXscuba

My husband did it once and my DD did it twice. It's really pretty awesome. I loved watching them and having them come up to me and ham it up for the camera.

My husband and son have done this 3 times. They both love it. My husband wants to work there when he retires - LOL. That said, it is long for family members that are waiting for you. They try to tell you what time they will be in the tank so that you can come back and watch and we always have to wait quite a while. Then it is another long wait after they get out of the tank to meet back up with you. So, make sure any waiting family members have ideas of things to do during the down times.

Our son and his wife are doing it this fall. They are excited.
They are going at the 4:30 and we have ADRs for 8:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter