EPCOT Dinner (Between these 3)

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Adult and 1 Child.

Been to San Angel before but son loves the atmosphere. Also on DDP.

San Angel (Mexico)
Biergarten (Germany)
Teppan Edo (Japan)

San Angel is a sentimental place in our family, we go there every trip. Fun atmosphere. The "Mexican" food is different from our normal TexMex fare, but there are some options on the menu we enjoy. We ate at Teppan Edo few weeks ago. DH and I enjoyed it, although it wasn't any better / different than your average hibachi place at home (if you have one nearby). Our kids are more kids menu type of people, so they didn't enjoy the food - two of the three would prefer nuggets and fries. Biergarten is a fun atmosphere, but I have never personally been a huge fan of the food there. It is a buffet, with a small group you could theoretically be placed at a table with another family, like at Teppan Edo, and I am just not a lover of most German food. So my biased opinion would be San Angel out of the three.

San Angel is a sentimental place in our family, we go there every trip. Fun atmosphere. The "Mexican" food is different from our normal TexMex fare, but there are some options on the menu we enjoy. We ate at Teppan Edo few weeks ago. DH and I enjoyed it, although it wasn't any better / different than your average hibachi place at home (if you have one nearby). Our kids are more kids menu type of people, so they didn't enjoy the food - two of the three would prefer nuggets and fries. Biergarten is a fun atmosphere, but I have never personally been a huge fan of the food there. It is a buffet, with a small group you could theoretically be placed at a table with another family, like at Teppan Edo, and I am just not a lover of most German food. So my biased opinion would be San Angel out of the three.

Thanks for your input. Yeah my son is 10 but he is very adventurous and eats adult portions. We literally got every restaurant we wanted this trip must not be that busy in May.

Do you think San Angel and La Hacienda are similar food wise?

We love Biergarten. It’s our tradition to go every trip. The tables seat 8 so you’ll probably be seated with another family. I’ve met people that are chatty and people that don’t say a word to us. Lol We usually try to introduce ourselves to whoever is eating with us.

We love Biergarten. It’s our tradition to go every trip. The tables seat 8 so you’ll probably be seated with another family. I’ve met people that are chatty and people that don’t say a word to us. Lol We usually try to introduce ourselves to whoever is eating with us.

I would presume of the 3 Biergarten is probably the best use of a DDP credit. I used it last year for Garden Grill Lunch and if it wasnt for the DDP credit I would have been upset. The food was not very good, although the characters were.

I would presume of the 3 Biergarten is probably the best use of a DDP credit. I used it last year for Garden Grill Lunch and if it wasnt for the DDP credit I would have been upset. The food was not very good, although the characters were.

It’s around $44 for adults and $24 for kids. We don’t get the DP usually and I have no problem with the cost oop. We take our time and fill up at the buffet.
Of the 3, it is probably the best “value” on the DP.

Thanks for your input. Yeah my son is 10 but he is very adventurous and eats adult portions. We literally got every restaurant we wanted this trip must not be that busy in May.

Do you think San Angel and La Hacienda are similar food wise?
Personally, I think the food is a little different for each restaurant. The chips and salsa are the same and I believe the margaritas are as well. The food at San Angel Inn is more border/interior Mexico and La Hacienda is more coastal with some more seafood options. Personally, I am happy at either place, but my wife prefers San Angel Inn because it reminds her more of the food she had growing up along the border in Texas.

We always eat at Biergarten. Buffet, so lots of choices. My kid was a super picky eater, but did well with the meat and of course dessert selections. Live music and dancing. Family style seating is sometimes a little awkward, especially since DH and I usually order a beer and then we get seated with a family of teetotalers.

Adult and 1 Child.

San Angel (Mexico)
Biergarten (Germany)
Teppan Edo (Japan)

I vote for Teppan Edo. My kids at that age, heck even now that they are older, get a real kick out of the hibachi experience. If you don't have one close to home that you go to, I would recommend this as it's fun to watch the chef prepare your food in front of you plus they usually do some fun cool tricks and it's a good time. The food is really quite good too.

San Angel. The atmosphere is beautiful. The food is delicious, if you like Mexican. Biergarten is an AYCE buffet. If you enjoy those, then fine. We don't, and did not enjoy the food (and we are German-American). The show is meh, and depending on luck, you may not see much of it, if they take a break.
Teppan Edo is fine, but like others said, nothing different than standard Hibachi.

Adult and 1 Child.

San Angel (Mexico)
Biergarten (Germany)
Teppan Edo (Japan)
The man here doesn't really like Mexican food so besides a venture into Fronteria Cocina we've bypassed Epcot's Mexico Pavilion food offerings.
Biergarten's menu bring no fond memories of Germany to me so that's my bypass. We do enjoy Sommerfest though.
So Teppan Edo is my vote although I prefer Tokyo Dining.

Biergarten. While food is not spectacular it is good but it is a really fun atmosphere. Teppon edo is no different then any other hibachi restaurant. San angel inn is nice as well but food is ok. Great romantic atmosphere but if romance is key can think of better romantic places to eat

We always have fun at Biergarten

Of those 3 my choices in order would be:
San Angel
Biergarten
Teppan Edo

San Angel is a fun atmosphere and you can see the Caballeros boat ride go by. My 11 year old went nuts over that.

Biergarten is fun, but the menu doesn’t always appeal to everyone (lots of sausages, pot roast, potatoes, cold salads) but I do think most people can find enough there to eat and beer flight.

Teppan Edo ties with Biergarten for me. It’s fun, the food is good. BUT, I have hibachi places at home we can go to and so it loses points for uniqueness.

We have moved away from sit down meals at Epcot, except for special dining packages that provide is access to something behind just the meal. Instead, we are doing a lot of grazing around the world, at kitchen kiosks that are open almost every time we visit now (during F&G, F&W, Festival of the Arts, the holiday festival, ...) That may be something to consider.

Between these three, I would recommend the Biergarten. I feel that it is the most unique dining experience between the three, at least with regard to what is otherwise available in most US cities.

San Angel is too dark. And the experience at Teppan Edo is available elsewhere in the country to a greater extent than the experience at Biergarten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter