How do you dine at Epcot

• I like to graze on small bites

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I like to sit down for a meal

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters

TresGriffin

Mouseketeer
So, I’m just curious about how folks on here approach eating while at Epcot.

My last two trips, (both of which were solo, by the way) there’s always been some festival going on: F&W in September and F&G in May. I’ve noticed that both times I just simply “grazed” on small bites from the booths set up instead of sitting down for a “square” meal (and then heading to Ample Hills for dessert at The Boardwalk)

During my next trip in August, however, there isn’t a festival going on so I’m thinking about changing my approach this trip and booking an ADR for one of the World Showcase table service options, which could alter my experience of Epcot. (I.e., my focus will be on what’s on display at each country instead of just stopping at every food stand.)

Just curious what people find more enjoyable: grazing while exploring or sitting down for a square meal while at Epcot.

Usually at Epcot we book 1 TS meal . This time we are doing Garden Grill for lunch. Then we head over to World Showcase and either graze on snacks or share some CS Meals, since there are so many options. We also normally spend 2 days at Epcot and stay at BWV so we can hop over to World Showcase anytime for another TS.

We like to have early sit down dinners. It's a nice way to take a break and recharge.

We love to eat and drink our way around the world. Festivals make doing so even more amazing, but there are still tons of options when there is no festival going on. We do make a few ADRs per trip and our favorites are Chefs de France, La Hacienda, and Spice Road Table (outside). We also love Akershus and GG for pre-park opening breakfasts, giving us the added bonus of the first ride on Frozen or Soarin.

So, I’m just curious about how folks on here approach eating while at Epcot.

My last two trips, (both of which were solo, by the way) there’s always been some festival going on: F&W in September and F&G in May. I’ve noticed that both times I just simply “grazed” on small bites from the booths set up instead of sitting down for a “square” meal (and then heading to Ample Hills for dessert at The Boardwalk)

During my next trip in August, however, there isn’t a festival going on so I’m thinking about changing my approach this trip and booking an ADR for one of the World Showcase table service options, which could alter my experience of Epcot. (I.e., my focus will be on what’s on display at each country instead of just stopping at every food stand.)

Just curious what people find more enjoyable: grazing while exploring or sitting down for a square meal while at Epcot.

I do exactly as you do - during F&W, I graze my way around the World. During non-festival times, I prefer to book a TS restaurant.

I have family members with food allergies so we pretty much eat all meals at TS. Our favorites in Epcot are Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, and Le Cellier.

I prefer to graze. My wife describes it as "dessert around the world" and demands a table service for at least half of the days we go to Epcot during a festival.

Both. Epcot has so many great TS restaurants that I don't want to miss (La Hacienda, Spice Road Table, Biergarten).

Both. Although now that I have a kid we don't eat/drink our way around like we used to...

I voted graze but we end up doing both, usually doing TS for dinner. Grazing for us starts right when World Showcase officially opens to avoid the crowds, and after 3 or 4 small bites it's enough food to satisfy until 7pmish for a sit down dinner. Haven't had a bad experience at the TS options we've eaten at: Spice Road Table, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, Biergarten,

Yeah, no kidding! I love to go during F&W, but Epcot also has some of the best sit-down restaurants and buffets in the parks. How can I eat at Biergarten and Garden Grill and hit all those Food & Wine booths? I would explode (especially if I ride Mission: SPACE after! :crazy2:). Epcot has the best food all around, so make the time!

I didn't vote as you didn't offer the third option...Graze sometimes, Eat at a table service other times.

During events, we normally graze. During non-events we eat at table service.

We graze, we prefer the little 'lounge' type places or some of the CS options to the TS options. We will do margaritas or tequila flights and chips with guac, queso, and salsa at La Cava, then get wine and a cheese/meat tray at Tutto Gusto, then maybe the bakery in France or some ice cream from France. We also like to split the platters at Tangerine Cafe or go to the place in Germany and split a brat. We sprinkle in some alcoholic beverages while we walk around, maybe carry some caramel corn with us for snacking.

I grazed non-stop throughout the F&WF during my DCP, but every time my family visits Epcot on vacation, it's during the festival off-season, so we always sit down and eat at one of the TS restaurants at WS. I think that the TS in WS, in general, is the best in all four parks-- so we always plan to sit down for a meal during our Epcot day. Our favorites are Via Napoli and La Hacienda de San Angel, but this year, we're excited to do Chefs de France! I ate there a few years back and loved it. Can't wait to experience the Prix Fixe menu with the fam. popcorn::

A bit of both... if there's a festival going on I might graze for lunch and sit for dinner or vice versa, sit for lunch and graze for dinner.

Both. Either. Whatever I feel like. There are some TS and QS places we like there and we like occasionally grazing our way through festival kiosks.

Both. We usually go to Epcot multiple days. We always book Biergarten for a late lunch one day. If there’s Food and Wine fest going on we’ll snack around the world as well. If there’s no fest we’ll do CS or a last minute ADR.

While I prefer to graze (cause who doesn't wanna eat and drink all day) I find options not as good and definitely limited when there is not a festival going on. We are headed down in August too and likely won't do anything that resembles grazing outside of a snack or two and will do TS lunches instead. Favs for us are Tokyo Dining, Via Napoli and Rose and Crown. Alternatively you may want to consider stopping by Tutto Gusto Cellar which offers lighter, grazing options and in the much needed air conditioning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!