Epcot dining ressies-1992

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Just going thru some old WDW brochures, and it seems like in 1992, you couldn't make ressies to eat at the Epcot resturaunts more than 1-3 days in advance. And even that was a perk only for those staying on site. If you were staying off-site you could only make same day reservations. Does anyone else remember this? It does seem to me that I remember something about rushing to the kiosks at the base of SE to make ressies at the resturaunts, but I'm really not sure. Who else remembers?

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Just going thru some old WDW brochures, and it seems like in 1992, you couldn't make ressies to eat at the Epcot resturaunts more than 1-3 days in advance. And even that was a perk only for those staying on site. If you were staying off-site you could only make same day reservations. Does anyone else remember this? It does seem to me that I remember something about rushing to the kiosks at the base of SE to make ressies at the resturaunts, but I'm really not sure. Who else remembers?

On our first trip(11/85), same day ressies were the only offering for EPCOT restaurants and you had to make them at the World Key terminals in Earth Station.

Frank

I too remember the mad dash for the kiosks under SE.

Iwould have guessed that it ended before 1992 though! Time plays strange tricks on my memory! My 1994 Birnbaum lists the 3 days for WDW resort and Hotel Plaza guests. You still had to make reservations in the park for MK. MGM was 3 days for WDW resort guest, 2 days for Hotel Plaza guests and in the park for day guests.

Ah memories of EC morning run to the limited number of touch screen kiosk. Hoping and praying all the way that your first choice was still available. It was like the start of a marathon, this huge throng of people running to get to a few tv sets.

And how weird was it to look into the camera and see the reservationist on the screen......very high tech!!!!

Remember the rush....we MUST get Chefs....we MUST get Chefs!

Sure do! We made them in what was then called "Communicore" and thought it was way cool.

Too funny! DH were talking about the kiosks at Communicore just yesterday.

We went in Dec 1992 and I remember the advice to make reservations when you enter the park. I don't think advance reservations were available.

I still have the 93 Birnbaum Official Guide. If you like, I could look it up and see what it says about Epcot meals.

Our 1st trip to WDW was in Nov. 1993 and I do remember having to rush to the kiosk to make dinner reservations! But I also remember that I made our Thanksgiving dinner ressie (at the Yacht Club I think?) by phone before our trip; also remember calling in advance for HDD ressies. I know we stayed on-site at CBR.

My 1990 Birnbaum's says: 2 days in advance from noon to 9pm for all resort guests and those in the Hotel Plaza for Epcot Center's (funny to see it called that) full service restaurants.

However, my 1996 Birnbaun's states: 60 days for pretty much everything! Must have changed sometime in between there. :)

I recall the World Key stations being scattered around the World Showcase at one time as well. We were outside of Italy somewhere trying to make reservations at a little kiosk!

I remember the kiosks but not the live person on the other end. I also remember having to go to the castle first thing if you wanted to eat at King Stephan's( not spelled right) Banquet Hall to make a reservation for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter