Epcot Dash to Disney Springs... Possible??

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

Okay. So we are doing a very compact trip to WDW at the end of this month before we hop on our Christmas cruise aboard DCL. I am bringing a friend for his very first time and I am trying to accommodate as much as possible in very little time. So here's what's going on. We're having a day at Epcot and it is a must that we see Epcot Forever (as it will be gone by the time we take our next trip). However, my friend wants to try dining at T-REX at Disney Springs and the only night we have open to have dinner there is after Epcot. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue if T-REX closed at the usual Disney Springs restaurant last ADR times of 11 PM or 12 AM. Unfortunately, the latest reservation the system will ever give us is 10 PM.

Epcot Forever begins at 9 PM and from what I hear, it's approximately a 15 minute show. We plan to see it from as close to the Future World side of the World Showcase as possible so we can attempt to make a mad dash out to the bus area the second after the show concludes. I know there will be a mass exodus at that point, so that's why I am kinda weary on if we will make it or not via bus. Maybe summoning a Lyft would be better for speed. Where do Lyft rides pick up at Epcot? Is it close to get to?? Maybe it is just me, but from what I am seeing... it is an 11 minute drive from Epcot to Disney Springs... I've pressed things to the limit before... is 45 minutes from leaving Epcot to arriving at the door of T-REX really that impossible? I mean, you don't HAVE TO be there RIGHT at 10 PM from my passed ADR experiences. Sure, you SHOULD always be on time... but if you are held up a bit and are at max 10 or 15 minutes late (similar to FastPass return times) you should be still fine for getting in. We are both able-bodied adults so we don't take long to get from place to place, the only thing that would inhibit us are crowds/waiting and bussing time if we chose to get over that with that method. Please say it ain't impossible??

Our back-up plan if we ended up being too late to be accommodated at T-REX, was to hit up Chicken Guy! for some dinner as that has quickly become one of my faves! Problem is, if we do end up getting in to T-REX, I wanted to also be able to go to the Coca-Cola store over there and have my friend try the Coke Around the World sampler (since it is currently closed at Epcot and I feel no day at Epcot is complete without that fun little pit-stop, so this was my best runner-up solution). HOWEVER... on this night, the Coca-Cola store has a closing time of 11 PM. I know if we ended up at Chicken Guy! for dinner, we'd easily make it in to Coke before closing. BUT, as you can imagine, with a 10 PM ADR at T-REX, should we be accommodated, would take way longer than that. My plan was to have us look at the menu now so we know what we wish to order the second we sit down and also request to pay for the meal in advance once we've ordered (I've done this in a time crunch before and it has worked well... but this is quite a pinch for time). My question for rooftop bar at Coke is... if we get there anytime prior/up to 11 PM (when they are posted to close), would we still get served? Or do they close the ability to get in prior to their posted closing time?

I *would* normally spread this stuff over a couple days to allow peace of mind but there is simply no time. We are back at Disney Springs one other night on our trip but our plans for that night is after DHS closes and we were going to grab drinks at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and then grab dinner at Art Smith's Homecomin' (we have a late night ADR).

Any thoughts on this craziness? Tips and/or tricks?? :T

I think it’s too short of a time even for this, but what I would do is exit out International Gateway (watch Epcot Forever from the bridge between UK and France), and catch an Uber or Lyft to Disney Springs from Beach Club’s lobby. Going out the front will take longer IMO.

I think it’s too short of a time even for this, but what I would do is exit out International Gateway (watch Epcot Forever from the bridge between UK and France), and catch an Uber or Lyft to Disney Springs from Beach Club’s lobby. Going out the front will take longer IMO.

Good tip there, methinks. Thanks!

I assume you mean to just take the walking path over to Beach Club?

Yup! Exit out international gateway, go past the Skyliner and keep going straight until you turn right into the Beach Club lobby. 5-10 minutes depending on your pace.

This is what I would do. First - get a Landry's Select Card. It's $25, but that $25 goes toward your bill and it gives you priority seating at any Landry's restaurant including TRex, so you can simply show up whenever you want, without an ADR and you will get priority seating over those with reservations. You then don't have to worry about making that 10 pm reservation as, depending on the day, TRex closes at either 11 pm or midnight if I'm not mistaken? Next - do as PP suggested and watch Epcot Forever near the IG entrance/exit (on the bridge between France and UK or somewhere close by). Then you can hightail it out of EP via the IG entrance, walk to BC and catch a cab/uber/lyft from there. It will save you a ton of time over heading out the FW entrance.

Link to Landry's Select below:

https://www.landrysselect.com

This is what I would do. First - get a Landry's Select Card. It's $25, but that $25 goes toward your bill and it gives you priority seating at any Landry's restaurant including TRex, so you can simply show up whenever you want, without an ADR and you will get priority seating over those with reservations. You then don't have to worry about making that 10 pm reservation as, depending on the day, TRex closes at either 11 pm or midnight if I'm not mistaken? Next - do as PP suggested and watch Epcot Forever near the IG entrance/exit (on the bridge between France and UK or somewhere close by). Then you can hightail it out of EP via the IG entrance, walk to BC and catch a cab/uber/lyft from there. It will save you a ton of time over heading out the FW entrance.

Link to Landry's Select below:

https://www.landrysselect.com

Good advice here!

Also... alright... after a Google search, I see T-REX closing times do average from 11 PM on weeknights to midnight on Friday and Saturday. That makes me feel a bit better... but I wonder why Disney would have the last ADR set out for 10 PM and not more-so like 10:15 PM or 10:30 PM... eh, either way, I will take a look at that Landry's card.

Good to see that this is another vote for going out via the International Gateway and hightailing it over to the Beach Club. Would buses really take too long from there? Unless one was right there waiting or about to arrive... probably? Does the MDE app still give estimated bus arrival times somewhere?? I tried searching for that as a test a while back but couldn't find the section... or is this something that is only activated in the app once you are actually on property? Where do you go to find it??

Good advice here!

Also... alright... after a Google search, I see T-REX closing times do average from 11 PM on weeknights to midnight on Friday and Saturday. That makes me feel a bit better... but I wonder why Disney would have the last ADR set out for 10 PM and not more-so like 10:15 PM or 10:30 PM... eh, either way, I will take a look at that Landry's card.

Good to see that this is another vote for going out via the International Gateway and hightailing it over to the Beach Club. Would buses really take too long from there? Unless one was right there waiting or about to arrive... probably? Does the MDE app still give estimated bus arrival times somewhere?? I tried searching for that as a test a while back but couldn't find the section... or is this something that is only activated in the app once you are actually on property? Where do you go to find it??

You can see them when you’re on property, but I believe it’s only for your own resort?Either way, they are not super accurate. We experienced times getting bumped further and further away nearly every time we tried to use that feature last trip.

The problem with the bus is you could be sitting there for half an hour before one even arrives.

Trex seems to be open til 11 or later. They may not reservations that late or when last seating is

Your best bet is to uber/lyft from BC. Order it on the walk over.

I hope you can cram as much as you want in to your day

At the end of this month as in Thanksgiving crowds and traffic?
Busses might be advised because they know traffic patterns and know how to get around that traffic , construction delays, and have Bus Lane Only in & out of Disney Springs. I know everybody wants to complain about bus transport on property. The only better suggestion might be the Minnie Vans

Perhaps it would be wise to shuffle the plans around a bit. I could cancel both my T-REX and Art Smith's Homecomin' ADRs and instead do Chicken Guy! after Epcot (using the same plan) and then finish off the night with the Coke Around the World before they close the rooftop bar at 11 PM.

Then likewise, the next day after DHS, we could depart DHS when it closes and since T-REX doesn't close til 12 AM on Friday, we could try and get in that night once we arrive (which allows us much longer for timing to get from DHS at a 10 PM closing to Disney Springs to get in for the meal). Then, afterwards, we can go have drinks at Jock's to finish the night.

Unfortunately this plan cuts out Homecomin'... but it might be better this way, plus, I love Chicken Guy! just as much, to be honest...

I don't suppose T-Rex is available on OpenTable, is it? OT often has reservation times that don't show on the Disney system. Just a thought.

If T-Rex is open till at least 11, you should be able to walk in later than 10.
I would watch EPCOT Forever from the bridge between the UK and France. That puts you very close to the IG.
As others have mentioned, you best bet is the IG to either Boardwalk or BeachClub. About the same distance.
Use Uber or Lyft. The bus will take way too long.
Have the Uber meet you at either hotel about 9:30. The show will be over by 9:15.

Have you tried calling T-Rex directly? T-Rex is one of the restaurants that are third party operated and hold back some of the reservation availability for people who inquire with them directly, and walk-ins as well. People have had better luck getting what they wanted by calling directly rather than relying on Disney's dining reservation system.

I hate to be the only Negative Nellie to chime in here, but.....that seems like an awful lot of work for T-Rex. Yes my kids loved seeing the dinosaurs (when they were like 8) but the food is just meh. We definitely never went back. I would never cancel Homecoming (I refuse to use that patronizing n’) for T-Rex. And if you’ve never done it, I’d also recommend walking around the docks at the Boathouse to look at all the cool vintage boats. Just my opinions.

I hate to be the only Negative Nellie to chime in here, but.....that seems like an awful lot of work for T-Rex. Yes my kids loved seeing the dinosaurs (when they were like 8) but the food is just meh. We definitely never went back. I would never cancel Homecoming (I refuse to use that patronizing n’) for T-Rex. And if you’ve never done it, I’d also recommend walking around the docks at the Boathouse to look at all the cool vintage boats. Just my opinions.
You're not alone. I agree on not skipping Homecomin' for T Rex. I'm also a big fan of the Coke Roof Bar. Diet Cuba Libre! I think that would be a much nicer fist visit for your friend.
I'd definitely watch Epcot Forever as close to the IG bridge as possible then hightail it out the IG exit. Uber, Lyft over to Disney Springs.
If you absolutely have to have T Rex, maybe just pop in for a drink at the bar to see the interior, but not lose much time there.

I found the T-Rex food to be just average, and to me it wouldn't be worth all that bother of rushing over there. The atmosphere is great, but maybe you could just get a drink at their bar and then walk through to see the decor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!