Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

They don't say anything about the purple martin nests, however it looks like it's being impacted in the "areas affected" photo. I think it's not nesting season, so this may be a good tiem to work on them or move them.

If anybody hears anything about plans for the nests please post. I've been doing occasional searches since the epcot overhaul was announced but they never seem to be mentioned. I guess that's one thing I like about them, they're an attraction to me but not most other people, so I can easily hang around and watch.

It wasn't expected to go behind walls today. I'm not sure why people are so surprised

Yeah, I guess the details of exactly what was closing exactly when wasn't clear - just that construction walls would go up and then they released this updated map image that showed the fountain gone so guess people just assumed it was all going to be behind walls at the same time

Yeah, I guess the details of exactly what was closing exactly when wasn't clear - just that construction walls would go up and then they released this updated map image that showed the fountain gone so guess people just assumed it was all going to be behind walls at the same time

View attachment 433870

That's fine, but this BlogMickey article written a few days ago noted that the walls would go up overnight tonight, not last night

https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/cons...orld-this-weekend-for-epcot-overhaul-project/

This may have been already mentioned in this thread (I didn't see it but if it's there sorry!!) -

BRAZIL. It seemed that it was almost universally accepted that we'd get a Brazil pavilion announcement at D23, but it didn't happen. Is there any "insider info" out there as to why? Is that new pavilion off the table? And any news on others (Spain?)

The concept art is beautiful and I am excited about the changes to Epcot, but it still looks like there's a LOT of empty real estate out there in World Showcase that could be developed!

This may have been already mentioned in this thread (I didn't see it but if it's there sorry!!) -

BRAZIL. It seemed that it was almost universally accepted that we'd get a Brazil pavilion announcement at D23, but it didn't happen. Is there any "insider info" out there as to why? Is that new pavilion off the table? And any news on others (Spain?)

The concept art is beautiful and I am excited about the changes to Epcot, but it still looks like there's a LOT of empty real estate out there in World Showcase that could be developed!
Pavilion is still a go reportedly.

Per most the insider reports I have seen, Brazil is still the plan. One insider I trust expects to see construction start end of this year, or early next. That being said, I don't believe there is any definitive reason as to why they did not announce, only fan supposition. That also being said, until I see the start to dig a hole, I am not totally sold it is happening

With all the great EPCOT stuff they announced, I could see not wanting to mention Brazil on a week where the news was non-stop rain forests burning down.

Grabbed this off you tube, it's near Club Cool now..looks like Cub Cool will be back in the same area :)
couldn't manage to rotate it...
img_6588-jpg.434565

Attachments

• IMG_6588.jpg
    IMG_6588.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 272

Indeed, there is still room for 8 more pavilions (arguably 10 if you want to clear the area around American Adventure which is used for forced perspective).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!