Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my work they have a magazine totoed: “centennial travel ultimate guide to the Disney parks.” Decided to pick it up and skim through and it said ratatouille should be open by spring 2020. I know I shouldn’t really take a magazines’ words but following my post earlier about comparing progress between Paris’ construction and Florida’s it seems about right and nice to see a word on it. Granted it my opinion Florida’s seems to be moving faster but that’s not the point of this post

I’ve seen 2020 before so many get be right. As it is a copy of an existing ride it should be quicker than, say, the new guardians ride

Certainly would plan a trip yet expecting it then but I think it is reasonable

It is shocking to me that a theme park that already has a glut of table service restaurants is building two more via new construction and yet they still haven't announced any plans for the Odyssey and Wonders of Life areas that sit empty.

It has way more table service restaurants than attractions. You'd think the focus would be to add attractions to an attraction-lite park, but I guess the foodies really pack Epcot every day and make it profitable. I've just never understood why pay the huge cover charge to enter Epcot to eat when you have even more unique and exotic options at Disney Springs now for free entry.

It is shocking to me that a theme park that already has a glut of table service restaurants is building two more via new construction and yet they still haven't announced any plans for the Odyssey and Wonders of Life areas that sit empty.

It has way more table service restaurants than attractions. You'd think the focus would be to add attractions to an attraction-lite park, but I guess the foodies really pack Epcot every day and make it profitable. I've just never understood why pay the huge cover charge to enter Epcot to eat when you have even more unique and exotic options at Disney Springs now for free entry.

clearly they know where the $ comes from and that is what EPCOT has become known for. I think the Space Restaurant is a cool concept and fits Future World and I think will be a good addition. The new Japan one seems a bit superfluous given there are already 3 dining location in the pavilion ... even if they wanted to have a signature dining experience there couldn't they have just upgraded one of the existing locations? Not like they are typically hard to get ADRs for that it *needed* a 4th restaurant :confused3

They have announced plans for the odyssey. It’s a multi use venue for special events and such. The Wonders of Life is still a question though.

Not every theme park has to focus on rides. Epcot provides a very unique experience compared to other parks, and I truly hope it holds onto that unique spirit over the next few years since we do seem to be getting many more attractions there. For us, the food there is much better than what we find in Springs also.

Not every theme park has to focus on rides. Epcot provides a very unique experience compared to other parks, and I truly hope it holds onto that unique spirit over the next few years since we do seem to be getting many more attractions there. For us, the food there is much better than what we find in Springs also.
Epcot definitely is unique in that way. Where else can you dine in different countries from the world in one place.

Another factor in the restaurant/attraction equation is that restaurants bring in additional dollars while attractions just further dilute the admission dollar.

Another factor in the restaurant/attraction equation is that restaurants bring in additional dollars while attractions just further dilute the admission dollar.
You can put a gift shop at the end of an attraction though and make money that way. Attractions are also a way to attract people to the park itself and sell tickets.

People love Epcot. It’s not really my thing, but it’s still fun.

If there is one thing Epcot desperately needs in the food department it is a third table service breakfast restaurant. I still looking for breakfast in the park for my November trip.

I’m hoping for Space Minnie’s Breakfast (or something) to ease the breakfast search at Epcot.

I so completely agree with this. Epcot gives me a World's Fair vibe (and the gondolas coming will just add to that) with beautiful scenery, I find the walking usually peaceful, educational rides, fantastic people watching with a glass of wine in World Showcase...even though Future World can use some help, I still love this park. I hope they don't bring too many more attractions, but rather focus on improving what's already there.

Not the same. You don’t eat in a uniquely and distinctly accurate venue in a city like you do in Epcot. You also aren’t always served by people from that country in city restaurants.
What exactly is a "distinctly accurate venue"? Most of the restaurants aren't anything special that you wouldn't find laid out similarly in the US. If you mean themed pavilions, I'll give you that. As for the other part, I don't want to get too far off-topic, so we can agree to disagree.

What exactly is a "distinctly accurate venue"? Most of the restaurants aren't anything special that you wouldn't find laid out similarly in the US. If you mean themed pavilions, I'll give you that. As for the other part, I don't want to get too far off-topic, so we can agree to disagree.
Yes I was referring to theming. It is rare to have an accurately themed foreign dining venue in a major city. You will get food that fits the culture and is authentic but the venue itself usually isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter