Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a surprise a cast member that was actually correct in telling me in early 2018 that this was going to happen. It really was a pretty small entrance. looking forward to the new entrance!

From our stay at the boardwalk a few weeks ago we had a conversation with the cast member we know, who has worked this entrance for years now (at least 15)so they are pretty trusted. They indicated that the IG as we know it will be completly re-imagined with the gondola system at some point. They said it will be completly unrecognizable as we see it today.

Gee, what a surprise, Disney really does have a plan to handle the increased traffic through the IG!

Thanks, Ryan, for posting this. I hope it will provide some comfort to those who have been so worried that Disney never thought about the impact on that entrance when planning the gondolas. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product.

So to follow up what is in the news and rumors thread.....

News has come out what may be going into the WoL building....
  • Animation Academy will return under the guidance of Edna Mode from The Incredibles. Guests will once again be able to learn how to draw Disney characters in this relocated offering that was once housed at The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • Nick and Judy from Zootopia will host an interactive game called “Hotel Heist”. You can see the entrance to this attraction on the right side of the concept art.
  • Character meet and greets for Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope, Joy and Sadness, and Baymax should find permanent homes here.
  • Adjacent to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet, guests will find an arcade, as well as a play area for toddlers.
  • As seen in the concept art above, live performers will take to the stage in the very center of the pavilion, roughly where the former Goofy About Health, Making of Me, and Anacomical Players stages and theaters once stood.
In follow up discussions with some insiders I trust - three - Martin, Magic Feather and MansionButler at WDWMagic.com have confirmed this is pretty close to what to expect. The details may not be totally correct - so I think some IP may change for some details on play land or arcade and such...but overall this is to be a TEMPORARY family based area.

Per Martin and MansionButler - there are long term plans for WoL, and this current set up can be removed fairly quickly and cheaply if they go with those plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!