Being an actual therapist....I can tell you that EPCOT is NOT cheaper than therapy, BUT...alas, I am surely not able to provide the spot-on experiences that you describe. What CAN'T a ride through Spaceship Earth cure?? Nothing! Darn! I wonder if the Phoenicians would hang out in my office for a while?
Haha! Now that you mention it, the amount of my money that "magically" disappears from my account during food and wine festival would surpass the cost of most therapy sessions!

EPCOT is a sacred place to me. For many many trips it was the first park I went to and SE was the first ride, so the smell and breeze when you get up underneath it have the same effect on me that the Castle has on so many people. I end up spending most evenings there, just strolling around WS. Ahhhh... more relaxed now just thinking about it.
Epcot at night is especially peaceful! The music and the lighting transform the place into a mood altering manmade uptopia! Sorry if that is overstating it, but seriously Epcot at night is a 10 out of 10 for me.

Right on! I know I say Disney is the happiest place on Earth, but Epcot truly makes my heart soar. This is why we end up staying in the Epcot resort area. I love the leisurely stroll into the park. It's not like MK where we are more go-go-go about the rides. My days at Epcot are unhurried bliss!

We used to live 10 minutes from WDW, and it was nice to just pop over to Epcot and the other parks on a random Tuesday night. We didn't live there very long, but enjoyed it during our short stint. Often wonder had we stayed, would the magic have been diminished in any way. My brother has lived in Orlando since 1999, used to be a Disney commando, now he only goes to Epcot to walk a couple hours. He doesn't ever go to the other three parks :confused3 It's almost as routine as going to the mall now for him...kinda sad. Of course now that I think about it, we crazy folk on the Dis, we would never find it routine :stir:

We live 1 hour and 10 minutes from WDW, been hundreds of times, and it's still very magical and special to me and my extended family, so it's definitely possible not to lose the awesomeness of it by going on a regular basis!

Perfect post! We just returned from a quick 2 day trip..and the "clockwise" walk around Epcot was a must...therapy I do agree!

There's a particular moment I always try to achieve at Epcot whenever I'm there. I'm strolling WS, preferably near dusk, just a bit buzzed and with my tummy full of something delicious - I'm at Epcot and all is right with the (WD)world.

Epcot at night is especially peaceful! The music and the lighting transform the place into a mood altering manmade uptopia! Sorry if that is overstating it, but seriously Epcot at night is a 10 out of 10 for me.

DH and I LOVE Epcot at night. A few years ago, after Illuminations was over, they used to play this music that was faintly reminiscent of something. We just couldn't figure out what it was. A few nights later, we figured it out - the song (just music, no words) was VERY close to Michael Jackson's Will You Be There. So, now every time we hear that song, we think of Epcot.
My happy place is watching the manatees. Or sitting in Morocco watching people. :)

We had APs for several years (we let them expire last year), and while we didn't have a lot of extra money, we were close enough to make day trips a couple times a month. I really think that saved our sanity from various work/personal issues. It was our happy place.

DH and I LOVE Epcot at night. A few years ago, after Illuminations was over, they used to play this music that was faintly reminiscent of something. We just couldn't figure out what it was. A few nights later, we figured it out - the song (just music, no words) was VERY close to Michael Jackson's Will You Be There. So, now every time we hear that song, we think of Epcot.
My happy place is watching the manatees. Or sitting in Morocco watching people. :)

We had APs for several years (we let them expire last year), and while we didn't have a lot of extra money, we were close enough to make day trips a couple times a month. I really think that saved our sanity from various work/personal issues. It was our happy place.
Wow! I know exactly what song you are taking about. It is music from the old "Tapestry of Nations" parade they performed in the World Showcase around the 2000. They play it at night just before or after Illumination these days. It always reminded me of some other song too, so glad to figured it out, that has bugged me for years! Thanks.

Being an actual therapist....I can tell you that EPCOT is NOT cheaper than therapy, BUT...alas, I am surely not able to provide the spot-on experiences that you describe. What CAN'T a ride through Spaceship Earth cure?? Nothing! Darn! I wonder if the Phoenicians would hang out in my office for a while?

You could have your clients meet you at Epcot. :)

Damn. That was perfect.
You just transported me to Epcot.
With enough on my mind, that post was like therapy lol.

Yep, agree. Actually had this happen a few weeks ago during our trip. I don't even remember what it was about, but DW and I were arguing about something or other. We were on our way to SE. As we were walking to it, I was completely :furious::furious:...but I guess between hearing the Epcot theme song (my favorite Disney music I think) and the calming ride that is SE (also one of my favorite in all WDW), DW and I walked out all :hippie: :love: :love2:.

Nearly exactly the same story with me last November.
Same ride and all. Lol
Between the music, the smells, and those animatronics...those awesome, outdated, nostalgic animatronics...
By the end of SE, it's like all the stresses melted away...
"What were we even arguing about?" Haha

So, now every time we hear that song, we think of Epcot.
I don't love Epcot or hate it, completely neutral, but when I hear the Tapestry of Nations song after closing time, my thoughts are, Epcot's closed and you people are exiting way too slowly. Just a different perspective.

My real world is being all kinds of annoying today, time for another EPCOT visit!!

My husband and I are going in Oct, without our kids, for the F&WF. Just last night I said I wanted to squeeze MK into our 5 day trip since it is my favorite. Thanks for reminding me how incredible Epcot is. I just sent my husband a text telling him I've changed my mind. Leisurely exploring Epcot with my husband sounds perfect!

Real world has been really stressful for me lately.

Which is why in about a week's time I'm getting on a really long flight and heading to WDW!
(And Epcot - and F&W - is a big reason why I'm headed to WDW rather than any of the other Disney parks that are closer to me...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter