Epcot Character Spot

burberryplaid

<font color=darkorange>Addicted to SOARIN's Orange
Just wanted to say that this was there when we went in September. The pic of us with Pluto that's in my signature is from there. It's around the corner from Club Cool, as you're walking towards the Land pavillion. It's very cool and we loved getting to meet all the characters in one fell swoop!

I assume this is the "Character Connection" location? So they just put in some back drops and its still the same location right? This has been there for a couple years at least, I rememeber going when if first open and no one really knew about it. We had 5-6 characters all to ourselves!!

I remember those days of it being a secret too. They used to have more rare characters like Prince John and Gideon. Now it's only the fab five. They did change the name and have more signage so the crowds are crazy.

Here is one of our pics with the backdrop.

232323232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D9%3B6%3D%3A95%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3B699576ot1lsi

I remember those days of it being a secret too. They used to have more rare characters like Prince John and Gideon. Now it's only the fab five. They did change the name and have more signage so the crowds are crazy.

Here is one of our pics with the backdrop.

232323232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D9%3B6%3D%3A95%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3B699576ot1lsi

I saw Gideon there and had no idea who he was....it was a riot watching him try to explain who he was, but I just wasn't getting it!!

I saw Gideon there and had no idea who he was....it was a riot watching him try to explain who he was, but I just wasn't getting it!!

I didn't know who he was either, until the character handler told me. I don't remember much from Pinocchio.

Ever since they remodelled it, the crowds have been huge. We've been several times since it reopened never have waited less than 45 minutes. I also liked it better when it was hidden and fewer people knew about it! Selfish, I know ;)

I saw it on this past trip (maybe a week and a half ago) and it was crazy - we didn't go near it...but one day they had Snow White right at the end, with no back drop area...just to 'plus it'.

Add us to the folks who miss the days when we felt we had the characters all to ourselves!

I have tons of pics with the new back drops, so if you would like me to post them, just ask, FWIW, I definitely DO NOT like the backgrounds...they are WAY too busy and really take away from what should the focus...your kids (or adults!) with the characters they love.

I was there in 2006 and we had the characters to ourselves, including pics with multiple characters like Mickey and Goofy together. However in June 2007 visited the "new and improved" connection and no longer a secret. Even extra magic hours when noone would be there is now a long wait. Shame, I liked the secret. I wonder if Julie announced this due to Disney just announcing, meaning it could get even worse the waits.

we found this for the first time when we went in January of 06 and it was great there where 3 other famlies when we went in and only 1 came in as we where getting ready it leave. It was sooo much fun all of the characters kept playing with my daughter who was 1 1/2 at the time she had so much fun the characters kept coming up to her and playing with her, and the photographers took so many pictures. it was great and we will go back to it when we go this January

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter