EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've only done the Food and Wine Festival before so I'm curious how crowded does this event get?

Also and suggestions on what may interest a 6 year old boy? He loves art so i am hoping its a big hit. ^_^

So does anyone know if there are any programs that are age appropriate for myself and my 10 year old? offloading him for an adult program won't work :)

This is what I am wondering too. I have some really artsy kids who would be all over this.

If they do the paint by number mural again that could be fun also last year they did an art walk which is fun

Thanks I feel this event will be more interesting for him than the Food & Wine was. We will have to wait and see what is available we are going to Epcot for 1 1/2 days right after the festival starts.

Since this will also be our first ever EPCOT visit (shocking, I know), I am starting to think that on our EMH night, we should do more of the regular attractions after IllumiNations, and save more flex time for the day time, when I would assume there'll be more Arts Fest stuff happening. Yes? No? I was originally planning on doing Soarin' right when we get to the park at 10 a.m., as well as Spaceship Earth and Living With The Land. But the Touring Plans software tells me to wait till after EMH starts. I think that's a good idea, frankly.
We'll also have a shorter day on our last day, with about 6 hours at EPCOT before we have to head home. So I'm not too worried about time to do the regular attractions overall.

The food booths will be open daily, right? If not i'll need to rethink my days.

That’s the Canadian page and while the headline says 2019, the dates all say 2018. 2019 dates haven’t been announced yet

If they don't announce them soon they're going to cut their own throats. Most people going in January and February already have all their ADRs, plus in less than two weeks I can make my FastPasses, and I for one am just not willing to try and re-do everything in order to get a particular workshop or seminar and I doubt if I am the only one. In fact I probably would not be able to. Maybe Disney is trying to get rid of this festival for some reason and by delaying announcing the seminars less people will sign up for them so they can say that it is not what people want. Everything else about the festival has already been announced -- this is all that they are procrastinating about and I wonder why.

If they don't announce them soon they're going to cut their own throats. Most people going in January and February already have all their ADRs, plus in less than two weeks I can make my FastPasses, and I for one am just not willing to try and re-do everything in order to get a particular workshop or seminar and I doubt if I am the only one. In fact I probably would not be able to. Maybe Disney is trying to get rid of this festival for some reason and by delaying announcing the seminars less people will sign up for them so they can say that it is not what people want. Everything else about the festival has already been announced -- this is all that they are procrastinating about and I wonder why.
The delay is getting annoying, especially as it’s a big reason for this trip. Waiting for the seminars and menus. Glad I’m going this year in case the festival is on the chopping block!

I feel like we’ve been waiting so long for the seminar announcements that I’m not sure I even care anymore. I’ve got our days roughly sketched out and am just waiting for FP+ day next week. I know I’ll change everything up if something great shows up but it really is tough to have to plan so much, so early, with so little information.

I feel like we’ve been waiting so long for the seminar announcements that I’m not sure I even care anymore. I’ve got our days roughly sketched out and am just waiting for FP+ day next week. I know I’ll change everything up if something great shows up but it really is tough to have to plan so much, so early, with so little information.

I am starting to agree. When the parks have become such a potentially stressful thing to plan for, the company really ought to have all the events in place a bit earlier than 60 days before the start of the festival. We already are jumping on whatever FP+ we can get. To try to choose the time of the FP+ without knowing which other things are available for reservations at the festival; it's not helpful for us to keep it the happiest place on Earth.

My husband and I have gone both years so far and we really enjoy it! I love all the art booths and drooling at the art I can’t afford. We also enjoyed the animation academy. We didn’t start going to Disney until they got rid of it at DHS. We liked all the special merchandise. We saw the broadway show both times. The first year I had heard it was like eat to the beat so we lined up an hour early and it was unnecessary- you could have showed up 5 minutes early and got a seat. Last year we had AP and got the reserved seating so we only showed up 15 minutes early and still got a good seat.
As for the food booths- we tried a lot last year. Mostly desserts. I can’t remember what everything was but we liked it all. However, I had to go gluten free this year so I’m not sure what I will even be able to eat this time.

What is the best way to get alerted when the full calendar and seminar information is available? Do you usually have to call for the seminars or are they available on-line? I seem to recall having to call but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter