EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions

If i buy a painting from a vendor, can i have it sent back to my room like other merch?

If i buy a painting will Disney be able to properly pack and ship it to my home?

I bought a canvas print from a visiting artist at Food and Wine. They were out of stock in the park so Disney offered to ship it to us for free. It arrived very well wrapped. Hopefully you'll also have the option to have it shipped home if that's what you'd like to do. There normally is a charge, but they made an exception for us since it was the artist's last day there.

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to whoever it was that shared the info about the ‘Food and Wine’ app. It’s truly amazing. There’s so much more to it than I even realised when I downloaded

We aren’t there till right near the end of the event. We’ve already put on our wish list, but by then we’ll be able to see the ratings as well. Our wish list is way bigger than the amount of items we can reasonably eat, and we only have about 4 hours in the afternoon (we booked before this and F&G dates were changed from previous years and announced, so we had to do some quick adjusting of our days to even for that in) so the ratings may help us pare down our list.

Anyway, I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to make the most out of their visit - at least in the food dept :)

Last edited:
I know someone awhile back asked about pricing of pieces. We were there this past week. They have standard prints (like the ones in the Disney Art Stores) for around $40 (but you can get these signed by the artist). From what I saw framed pieces were $200 and up. We bought a piece from Greg McCullough for $300 plus tax and shipping. It's a decent size. We got a picture of Greg and my girls standing next to the piece. He will sign it and it will be shipped to our house in Ohio! Can't wait to get it!!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get to visit the Festival over the weekend and survive the rainy Sunday (we did lunch at the festival)! It was cold and wet, but we still had a good time. The food booths were open, but not many folks were in line. The poor CMs looked pretty miserable at the cash registers and were standing either in the kiosk doorways (when possible) or under as many overlapping umbrellas as possible. The art booths (that we saw) were open, but everything was inside the tents; including the artist signing. The Fountain stage entertainment moved inside Innoventions (near Colortopia). The chalk art slowly washed way, but the 2D drawing did get covered and some of it survived. A few of the chalk drawings were still legible on Monday morning.

They still had a good amount of the Festival merchandise, but the Magic Bands were sold out (all of the CMs I spoke with said they sold out on the first day). The Spirit Jersey was also hard to find (they were down to XXL when we left yesterday).

We went to the festival today and had a great time! It was our first time going to the arts festival. Dh said he still likes f&w more but I liked this one WAY more. So much less crowded and the art is amazing! We ended up buying a carousel of progress print for $40 plus tax. We wanted a canvas but we just didn’t want to spend $150+ for one.

Things we ate:
Paintbrush churros-3/4
Sushi donut-3/4
Giant paint cookie-2.5/4
Deconstructed cheesecake-3/4
Art popsicle (slushee)-4/4

Weird question - can you get the sushi donut without the fish?
The sushi donuts are prepared in the booth, so I suppose it would be possible to ask for one without the fish, but it might be faster to just get it as is and then skip eating the tuna and salmon slices. The masago is added as a finish touch, so that might be easier to omit. However, as the PP said, it would be mostly just rice, some wakame salad, sesame seeds, and one piece of shrimp.

As a side note, I was surprised at how well some of the chalk art survived Sunday's rain storm. Not all made it, but Stitch and Mr. Incredible were both still pretty clear on Monday morning. Bright colors and some kind of protector (I heard one artist mention using hair spray) seemed to help!
0Stitch_InandAfterRain_zpsyr8cklrz.jpg

As a side note, I was surprised at how well some of the chalk art survived Sunday's rain storm. Not all made it, but Stitch and Mr. Incredible were both still pretty clear on Monday morning. Bright colors and some kind of protector (I heard one artist mention using hair spray) seemed to help!
I was very impressed with the chalk art! All of the ones by Leigh were my favorite

My wife and I were there this past Saturday and Sunday. We had only planned on going on Saturday, but when we saw that it was supposed to rain all day on Sunday we knew we had to go. We love cold weather, and knew it would be empty because of the cold and rain. We were right! It was one of the 2-3 least crowded days we’ve ever experienced at a WDW Park. We had an absolute blast!

We tried a decent amount of food. Below are my rankings. If an item has multiple scores that means we ordered it multiple times.

Costine di Maiale Aceto Balsamico (L’Arte di Mangiare) - 9.5 (Some of the best ribs I’ve ever had)
Lemon Blood-orange Tart - 9.0
Beef Wellington (Artist’s Table) - 8.5, 8.5
Seared Corvina (Cuisine Classique) - 8.5
Vanilla, Rose Water, and Pistachio Panna Cotta (Masterpiece Kitchen) - 8.5, 8.5
Sushi Donut (Takumi Table) - 8.5, 8.5 (I ask for extra Citrus Soy Gelée, it’s so good)
Wild Mushroom Risotto (Masterpiece Kitchen) - 8.0
Musical Float (Fife & Drum) - 8.0
Dariole de Saumon à la Provençal (L’Art du Cuisine Francaise) - 8.0
Crème de Brie en Petite Pain (L’Art du Cuisine Francaise) - 8.0
Taiyaki (Takumi Table) - 8.0, 8.0 (if you aren’t used to red bean desserts you may find this off putting)
Lobster Chips (Refreshment Port) - 7.5
Deconstructed BLT (Artist’s Table) - 7.5
Sous Vide Chicken Roulade (Pop Eats)- 7.5
Fortune Cookie (Painted Panda) - 7.5
Pan-seared Scallop (Artist’s Table) - 7.0 (tasted good, just a poor value)
Panda Bubble Tea (Painted Panda) - 7.0 (much stronger tea flavor than their usual bubble teas)
Sopas de Chilorio (El Artista Hambriento) - 7.0
Almond Frangipane Cake (Pop Eats) - 7.0, 7.0 (my wife would rank this higher)
Chocoflan (El Artisto Hambriento) - 7.0 (my wife makes a much better version of this)
White Chocolate and Purple Sweet Potato Mousse (Decadent Delights) - 7.0
Blue Sky Black Cherry Boba Freeze (Pop Eats) - 6.0
Paintbrush Churros (Taste Track) - 0.0 (Literally inedible. Instagram food culture at it’s worst)

We will be back a couple more times in the next 2 weeks. I will update my rankings after each visit. I’m happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

How long does each design stay up during the festival? A couple days? A week? The whole time?

My wife and I were there this past Saturday and Sunday. We had only planned on going on Saturday, but when we saw that it was supposed to rain all day on Sunday we knew we had to go. We love cold weather, and knew it would be empty because of the cold and rain. We were right! It was one of the 2-3 least crowded days we’ve ever experienced at a WDW Park. We had an absolute blast!

We tried a decent amount of food. Below are my rankings. If an item has multiple scores that means we ordered it multiple times.

Costine di Maiale Aceto Balsamico (L’Arte di Mangiare) - 9.5 (Some of the best ribs I’ve ever had)
Lemon Blood-orange Tart - 9.0
Beef Wellington (Artist’s Table) - 8.5, 8.5
Seared Corvina (Cuisine Classique) - 8.5
Vanilla, Rose Water, and Pistachio Panna Cotta (Masterpiece Kitchen) - 8.5, 8.5
Sushi Donut (Takumi Table) - 8.5, 8.5 (I ask for extra Citrus Soy Gelée, it’s so good)
Wild Mushroom Risotto (Masterpiece Kitchen) - 8.0
Musical Float (Fife & Drum) - 8.0
Dariole de Saumon à la Provençal (L’Art du Cuisine Francaise) - 8.0
Crème de Brie en Petite Pain (L’Art du Cuisine Francaise) - 8.0
Taiyaki (Takumi Table) - 8.0, 8.0 (if you aren’t used to red bean desserts you may find this off putting)
Lobster Chips (Refreshment Port) - 7.5
Deconstructed BLT (Artist’s Table) - 7.5
Sous Vide Chicken Roulade (Pop Eats)- 7.5
Fortune Cookie (Painted Panda) - 7.5
Pan-seared Scallop (Artist’s Table) - 7.0 (tasted good, just a poor value)
Panda Bubble Tea (Painted Panda) - 7.0 (much stronger tea flavor than their usual bubble teas)
Sopas de Chilorio (El Artista Hambriento) - 7.0
Almond Frangipane Cake (Pop Eats) - 7.0, 7.0 (my wife would rank this higher)
Chocoflan (El Artisto Hambriento) - 7.0 (my wife makes a much better version of this)
White Chocolate and Purple Sweet Potato Mousse (Decadent Delights) - 7.0
Blue Sky Black Cherry Boba Freeze (Pop Eats) - 6.0
Paintbrush Churros (Taste Track) - 0.0 (Literally inedible. Instagram food culture at it’s worst)

We will be back a couple more times in the next 2 weeks. I will update my rankings after each visit. I’m happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.
That’s funny about the churros because we really liked them

That’s funny about the churros because we really liked them

My wife and I love churros. We were excited to get these. My wife bit into one first, and spit out her bite almost immediately. I thought she was surely exaggerating, and I took a bite. I also spit it out immediately. It was literally the stalest food item I’ve ever eaten in my life. If the churros were longer I could have tied them into elaborate knots without them so much as cracking. Also, churros are usually messy, with cinnamon and sugar all over the place. These were completely dry. I could have smacked somebody in the face with one, and they wouldn’t have gotten any sugar or cinnamon on them... and would probably have a nasty bruise to show for it!

My wife and I love churros. We were excited to get these. My wife bit into one first, and spit out her bite almost immediately. I thought she was surely exaggerating, and I took a bite. I also spit it out immediately. It was literally the stalest food item I’ve ever eaten in my life. If the churros were longer I could have tied them into elaborate knots without them so much as cracking. Also, churros are usually messy, with cinnamon and sugar all over the place. These were completely dry. I could have smacked somebody in the face with one, and they wouldn’t have gotten any sugar or cinnamon on them... and would probably have a nasty bruise to show for it!
You must’ve gotten a bad batch because ours were covered in cinnamon and sugar and were very soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!