EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning on putting my new AP to use and doing a quick trip for this festival. Just waiting for the announcement of the Broadway concerts, as I'll go for the concert that most interests me. Any idea when those will be announced?

Speaking as the mother of a teenage son, we both love it. We missed Food and Wine this year but are planning on IFOA. After having to change our plans he says" its totally ok mom, I like Festival of the Arts better anyway." and this is from a real foodie kid. So, we are very much looking forward to it again. This is the one festival that we have been able to make every year since it started so kind of a cool experience for us all. Makes for great memories.

Planning on putting my new AP to use and doing a quick trip for this festival. Just waiting for the announcement of the Broadway concerts, as I'll go for the concert that most interests me. Any idea when those will be announced?
Also wondering when they'll announce the concert information. Currently have January 31-February 4 booked, but am on the fence about going.

How popular are the Broadway concerts? Wondering how early I would need to line up. I’ve only experienced the F&W concerts and Candlelight Processional.

We loved it last year. Feels like a mini food and wine festival and the painting squares was fun. Walking around and looking at the art work was cool and awesome to see.

Has anyone attended a lecture or workshop IFOA? I'm very much interested in what those have on offer.

According to the Disney website, the festival runs Fri-Mon the week we are there. Is there anything going on Tues-Thurs? Food, entertainment? Doing a date night with DH on the Tuesday night around the world and trying to figure out what the expect.

Also, does this festival bring larger crowds? Have scheduled the Monday to go with the fam (I am guessing Mon may not be the busiest day)....

We went last year and loved it. I wanted to take the painting workshop but couldnt fit it into our schedule. It was much better and less crowded than F and W. I did see a group painting plein air by the lake. They were painting the Eiffel Tower and France buildings. (I was so jealous. I love to paint.) We got home and honestly said it was the best Disney trip in years.

Even though on the Disney website it only has the festival listed for fri-mon? Do they have the food available even on days it is not listed on the disney website calendar?
Yes. They had the foodbooths open every day last year. (I would post photos of some of the food , but I dont know how.)

Just saw this... so maybe its just more entertainment on the weekends??? They need to change the date :)upload_2018-10-12_18-49-25.png

Has anyone attended a lecture or workshop IFOA? I'm very much interested in what those have on offer.

I did Ink & Paint Animation, Still life watercolour sketching and gesture drawing. I loved them all. They weren’t super in death because they aren’t a full day class, but the instructors were so knowledgeable and eager to share and I loved the hands on art that you actually get to do. You also get thing to take with you - you paintings/drawings of course - but I also was given some very nice pencils, a little watercolour palette, my own painted Mickey cell and a really cool Disney animation pin. We also got reusable festival of the arts bags at every class. I loved them and would definitely do even more next time. :)

C2E97E1B-E731-43FD-8CB3-0CFE9DAE573C.jpeg

According to the Disney website, the festival runs Fri-Mon the week we are there. Is there anything going on Tues-Thurs? Food, entertainment? Doing a date night with DH on the Tuesday night around the world and trying to figure out what the expect.

Also, does this festival bring larger crowds? Have scheduled the Monday to go with the fam (I am guessing Mon may not be the busiest day)....
From the announcements I've seen so far, they will be expanding the festival and running the Broadway concerts all week. It seems to bring slightly larger crowds to Epcot, but it's still "Value" season. The Lines app is predicting on the Tuesday when we attend (Feb. 5) a mid-day peak of a crowd level of 4-to-5.

I’m so looking forward to this! Question about the workshops from past attendees. When do they generally release the schedule and start the signups? Are the workshops generally an hour?

Thanks!

So, are the food booths just not officially announced, or do you think they are downsizing the food? I saw there were 13 booths in 2018 and there are just 8 listed now for 2019. More to come, or is that gonna be it?

This festival is the reason we will renew DHs AP. He was not coming with me as often next year, but we enjoyed ourselves so much last year, and now they are expanding the offerings, we have decided on a 6 night stay!

We attended the Festival this January, the Flower and Garden in April and Food and Wine in September. We both agreed we had a wonderful time at the Festival of the Arts and would return to that festival again. The food selection were good, the atmosphere was fun, weather was amazing and overall it was a great festival that I could see growing and changing each year. Don't miss this one if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter