EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to know if the festival map will also be available on the app? I hate ending up with multiple paper maps at the end of my trip - I try to recycle but realize a lot of them go to waste.
They haven't posted it on the app before. You could bring the map home and recycle it

Man, I'm really bummed out. I've been excited about the possibility of figment pins for months now.

Shoot, even a magnet would've been alright. Something you display. But a coloringbook? That is some weaksauce nonsense. I guess maybe it's their way of saying "No, this is for KIDS" or something. Kids probably get more excited about a coloring book than a magnet or a pin. But seriously.

Well, now I'm grumpy. I guess that's more time to do Agent P instead.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, that they must be trying to discourage adults from participating. Well, if so, it worked! I won't be spending the money on it. Oh well!

Here's this times guide for Friday and Saturday
i-hVPgnQm.jpg

i-ZGmgvw4.jpg
We are going to Epcot in January 29. Will most of this entertainment stay the same?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, that they must be trying to discourage adults from participating. Well, if so, it worked! I won't be spending the money on it. Oh well!

I mean, I guess a more charitable read to it would be that if there's a family with a lot of kids, they might feel better about dropping $7 per kid for something the kids will probably play with, rather than $15 per kid for a pin, and all the kids in the family would probably want their own scavenger hunt print out, so... *shrug*

I just wish there were some cute figment pins. Are there even any current figment pins right now? I kind of want to go on a figment collection spree, but I can't make myself drop $30 for ears.

I mean, I guess a more charitable read to it would be that if there's a family with a lot of kids, they might feel better about dropping $7 per kid for something the kids will probably play with, rather than $15 per kid for a pin, and all the kids in the family would probably want their own scavenger hunt print out, so... *shrug*

I just wish there were some cute figment pins. Are there even any current figment pins right now? I kind of want to go on a figment collection spree, but I can't make myself drop $30 for ears.

Personally, it's really no big deal to me. Just glad I know so I won't spend the time or money on it.

yes there are a couple of different Figment pins

Thanks! Do you also know if the paint-by-number mural continues throughout the event, too? I didn't know if it gets finished early or anything like that
It gets finished in a day or so but they have new ones put out
Now, if let's say they finish by noon a new one won't be placed until the next day

It gets finished in a day or so but they have new ones put out
Now, if let's say they finish by noon a new one won't be placed until the next day
Okay so we might want to go there first. We were planning on sleeping in and getting to the park around 11:30-12. Maybe we will go a little earlier. Is this something 2 adults would enjoy, though?

Okay so we might want to go there first. We were planning on sleeping in and getting to the park around 11:30-12. Maybe we will go a little earlier. Is this something 2 adults would enjoy, though?
It's a cute activity and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes depending on how many people are in line. Once you get your color and sponge it takes a minute or two to fill your designated squares. So it's a nice and easy way to participate in the festival

It's a cute activity and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes depending on how many people are in line. Once you get your color and sponge it takes a minute or two to fill your designated squares. So it's a nice and easy way to participate in the festival
I just watched it on Tim tracker’s video from last year. It looks like a fun thing to do!

Man, I'm really bummed out. I've been excited about the possibility of figment pins for months now.

Shoot, even a magnet would've been alright. Something you display. But a coloringbook? That is some weaksauce nonsense. I guess maybe it's their way of saying "No, this is for KIDS" or something. Kids probably get more excited about a coloring book than a magnet or a pin. But seriously.

Well, now I'm grumpy. I guess that's more time to do Agent P instead.
I was really disappointed to see this. DH and I will only be there for an afternoon towards the end. We had been looking forward to doing this, even if time was tight. But we’ll not do it for a colouring book and it’ll give us more time to see other things. But it’s really disappointing :(

Yeah, I'm also disappointed with that coloring book as well. I've never done the scavenger hunts so I was looking forward to that but I don't think the cost would be worth it.

All the complaining about the coloring book... Did I miss the end of the adult coloring era?? It has been all the rage for a while.

All the complaining about the coloring book... Did I miss the end of the adult coloring era?? It has been all the rage for a while.
It's possible one of the coloring books is an the "adult" style, but the one shown in the video looked too simple for even a preschooler. And it looked like there were more stickers than actual coloring pages.

It's possible one of the coloring books is an the "adult" style, but the one shown in the video looked too simple for even a preschooler. And it looked like there were more stickers than actual coloring pages.

Ah. I can’t watch videos on the school internet.

SO the festival starts today....can someone who goes today report back? I want to know if all the food booths seemed to be open and foods available. Were all of the photo props set up and ready to go? We are going to Flower and Garden on the first day of the festival (it's our only chance) and I am so hoping that everything is ready to go as my mom has never been. (I will be back later to enjoy it more but this is her one shot at seeing it.)

Oh and a coloring book is an AWFUL prize!! Please, Disney, come up with something better for F&G!!! (Although, a coloring book is sorta artsy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!