Enzo's hideaway , Sunday supper?

Not yet but I can tell you my thoughts after Thanksgiving, LOL.
We are booked there for our arrival dinner on 11/18.
Read a few reviews beforehand and it sounds worthy. Now to find a BYOB wine to take w/ us:).

I was reading about this.
It's weird, they have all the components of a Sunday gravy, but separate! Sunday gravy is a red sauce cooked with meat (meatballs, spareribs, sausage, neck bones). You do take the meat out if you want, but you use that gravy for the pasta, the juice from the meats makes it rich and delicious. The review says the "Sunday Sauce" for the pasta is meatless? :scared1: Is that so? Blasphemy!!!

It sounds good, but they need to change the name. Every Italian is going to assume it's a true Sunday gravy. ;)

(just kidding, I'm being picky)

Last edited:

It's weird, they have all the components of a Sunday gravy, but separate! Sunday gravy is a red sauce cooked with meat (meatballs, spareribs, sausage, neck bones). You do take the meat out if you want, but you use that gravy for the pasta, the juice from the meats makes it rich and delicious. The review says the "Sunday Sauce" for the pasta is meatless? :scared1: Is that so? Blasphemy!!!

It sounds good, but they need to change the name. Every Italian is going to assume it's a true Sunday gravy. ;)

if they are calling it "sauce" and not "gravy" that is a hint right there!!!

Four of us had a fabulous meal. We were all pleasantly surprised. If you are DVC, you get a 40% discount on food at lunch only for the rest of the year. Meatballs were as good, if not better, as my daughters MIL who is from Sicily. We plan on returning with or without the discount.

Four of us had a fabulous meal. We were all pleasantly surprised. If you are DVC, you get a 40% discount on food at lunch only for the rest of the year. Meatballs were as good, if not better, as my daughters MIL who is from Sicily. We plan on returning with or without the discount.
So hard to find a good meatball, good to know! And 40%, extra reason to give it a try, added to the BYOB, sounds awesome.

So hard to find a good meatball, good to know! And 40%, extra reason to give it a try, added to the BYOB, sounds awesome.

We went in expecting Disney Italian and really enjoyed ourselves. We each had different sauces with our entree. I had eggplant parm with a light tomato sauce. DH had the Rigatoni which has a spicy Italian sausage in the sauce. We shared the Polpettine and Fontina in Carrozza. We'll be going back after Thanksgiving and plan on dining there again.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/enzos-hideaway/menus/lunch/

I did it and it was fantastic. Made the reservation for a solo diner; called and asked if I’d be able to get served as @ solo diner and they said sure. Arrived and the host and server each didn’t know but sat me anyway. Then they said I couldn’t get it which was very disappointing. Manager said he’d ask chef if he can accommodate me and came back to say they would. So glad as it was a great meal.

Could be meatless as opposed to a Bolognese.....

Anyone been here for the Sunday supper ?
Thoughts?

We ate there on our arrival day and it was quite worthy and reasonable in price ($45.00 for adults; $20.00 for children).
The chicken was moist but the skin was not as crispy as I prefer. Still it was a home comfy dish that a Nonna would be happy to place on the table.
The short ribs were fall off the bone tender.
The meatballs were exceptionally light and nicely seasoned. I couldn't make up my mind if they were made w/ a mixture of ground meats or just beef but still wonderful.
The sausages were also divine and not the pre-sauteed, rock solid version too often found. Can't recall if the sweet sausage was seasoned w/ fennel seeds or not since I was spending way too much time loving the meatballs and short ribs.
The sauce for the rigatoni was a thin marinara scented with fresh basil and perfect for the "weight" of the meats.
The salad and charcuterie platters were top notch, and anytime frisee/chicory is included in a salad is a good thing in my world.
I couldn't eat the dessert as I was too full but the rest of my party made sure to save space and loved on the chocolate gelato, chocolate cannolis, and tiramasu.
We had purchased a bottle of red wine to take w/ us since they allow byob for this meal but of course left it in the room. I ordered a glass of
Chianti Classico Riserva, Tenuta di Nozzole, 2014, Tuscany, Italy. Bit expensive at $60.00 at the restaurant as opposed to the local wine shop's price of around 25 bucks but it was what I wanted and knew that it carried a hefty markup before ordering.

We spent $200.00 including tip and tax for 3 people and were charged for 2 adults and one child at an average of $66.00 p/p. Bring your own wine and spend less.
A totally worthwhile meal complete w/ a relaxing ambiance, decent service and a nice start to a trip.
P.S. Go hungry and eat light earlier in the day. No idea if you can doggy bag your leftovers but you certainly can take any undrunk wine with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter