Entertainment Rates vs. AP Rates

nicolep91

<font color=teal>I think this thread should be con
Maybe some of you rate experts can help me out here. I currently have RPR reserved at an Entertainment Rate of $125. I see some people getting some really great deals with AP rates ($99 at the HRH) and I was wondering if they are generally better than the Entertainment rate.

I was originally planning on purchasing the 5-day bonus/2-park tickets for $89, since I'm sure we won't be able to return anytime soon, but if the resort rates are better with the AP, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $10 for the Annual Power Pass - which brings me to another question, do you have to have the Preferred Annual Pass (that costs $149) or is the Power Pass just as good? And does just one person in our room need to have the annual pass (or just the adults) or would everyone need them (including the kids)?

Sorry so long, any help with be appreciated!

From what I've read, the entertainment rates are generally the best. You would need to have the preferred annual pass to get hotel discounts. I believe that only one person needs to have the preferred AP to get a discount.

I have managed to get AP rates in the past for HRH and again for our upcoming trip in May at PBH. However, they never seem to be as good as the Entertainment rate (which has never been available for my dates).

The difference in rates you are seeing will have more to do with the dates you are staying.

I was told by today by reservations that the $99 ended 4/10.

Thank you all for your replies!

I guess the best thing to do is just call and see if there are AP rates available for my dates and then see if it would be cost effective to purchase 1 of the Annual Preferred passes.

Thanks again,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter