Entertainment Rate vs. Annual Pass Rate

tiberius

DIS Veteran
I am new to Universal Hotels, but will make my first trip next Memorial Day weekend. I recently made a reservation where the Entertainment Card rate was only $2 better than Annual Pass rate.

Is there any reason I might want to reconsider and go with the Annual Pass rate instead?

I'm confused .............. I didn't think the AP rates were out for May yet?? :confused: On my last trip (January 2004), the AP rates were better than the Entertainment rates by $20 per night. What were you quoted for an AP rate for Memorial Day weekend?

The dates for my reservation are nights of May 30 and 31, and I was quoted rates for Entertainment (which I booked), annual pass, Fan Club and AAA. I do not have the quoted rate handy, but they are in ascending order of price as I listed them. I called on night of January 13 and got these. I had called a few days earlier and no annual pass rates were quoted.

Back to my original question... As the Entertainment rate was only $2 per night lower than Annual Pass rate, is there any reason I might want to reconsider and go with the Annual Pass rate instead?

Thanks for the heads-up on AP rates being out. For $2 more, I would probably go with the AP rate simply because I think you have a better chance getting your Lowe's Welcome Gift and any upgrade that's available. I've read of some here on the boards that booked with an entertainment rate last year & had a little trouble getting their Lowe's perks. I am in the same boat as you. I have the ent. rate booked for $144 for May, but now that I found out today that AP rates of $146 are available, I am going to switch my reservation for the reason mentioned above. Plus, that's one less card I have to worry about packing :)

A question about using APH rates. I need to reserve two rooms for a trip in May. I want to reserve at the APH rate for both. Each member of my family has an AP. The family who will be staying in the 2nd room do not have APs. Can I reserve 2 rooms with the APH rate or does my friend's room have to have someone with a AP staying in it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter