"Enough of this, bring back the dancing human!" A June 2018 TR~

yasemine

DIS Lover
I'm YOUR buddy, you're MY buddy, it's your favorite buddy... ME! JK Obviously no one here knows me! I am Yasemine, I'm 20, and I went to Disneyworld with my family for 10 days at the Caribbean Resort... Ohhhh... Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the resort, boo to me!

Some unexpected things happened on our road trip here. I'll go into more detail when I start the first day. But for now, some mini introductions. I did a Pre-TR you can find on my profile. The trip consisted of me, my brothers, my sister, and father!

I'm pretty excited to share this trip with you! I honestly don't remember much but as long as I observe the pictures and messages I sent friends I know I'll be able to explain it. So anyway, here's me, trying to be positive in the awful Florida heat.

28251028187_64e74d3b8f_z.jpg

"I'm in Disneyworld... Haha..."

I didn't get any photos of my dad but I got a couple of my brothers and sister. There's a reason for my dad, but again, I'll explain later.
One of my brothers LOVED making this goofie face on every ride we did. It was... funny. To say the least.
28251013007_0dd64219f8_z.jpg

And then my other brother, 100% Disney obsessed, literally would only leave Magic Kingdom when security told him to leave. Which is at 2 AM folks.
42215859385_f2c0800d8e_z.jpg

Buckle up and get ready for this nice, long journey!

I'm gonna be honest though, folks. Overall this trip was pretty hard for me. I know, boo hoo, I went to disneyworld and was ungrateful. We wouldn't have even been able to afford this trip if it weren't for a devastating event that left us unexpected money.

As I said in my pre-TR, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. Not only that, but more things happened. I ended up severely depressed and attempted suicide. I was under 72 hour hold but they released me afterward due to "positive attitude." Usually they keep people for two weeks but I guess I was just that good an actor.

Now you might think this trip was perfect timing, right? It could cheer me up a bit. WRONG.

I was rarely ever happy, stayed in the hotel room for some days, and just overall was really irritated and hated everything. This was supposed to be my dream vacation! And if you read my PTR I was really excited at first, too. Then my mood changed.

If you're still with me, I'm going to type up the first day tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the positive stuff that I put down <3 Until next time.

And GOOOOOODDBBBYYYYYYEEEE HUMANS! In time you'll learn why my trip title is what it is.

DAY 1

At first, since we were on a road trip, we were making it to Florida with plenty of time. We just landed in South Carolina, three days left until our reservation and about 6 hours until we hit Orlando. We were thinking of just exploring Disney Springs, relax from the road trip, watch Incredibles 2, and then hopefully go straight to our room Saturday morning. We'd done online check-in.

However we decided to order some really greasy pasta and garlic bread, I mean it's vacation, come on? And my dad took a couple bites of the pasta and said he didn't feel well. An hour or two later he had really bad pain in his side and was throwing up repeatedly. We had to convince him, and I mean REALLY convince him to go to the ER! My dad for some reason kept insisting he'd be fine!

Well he wasn't, they said they needed to remove gallblader immediately or else it was going to burst any second. TOLD YOU DAD! So we ended up camped in front of the hospital in the dumb bus waiting for him to recover. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy he's okay, I just went he went sooner instead of waiting so long!

Anyway, they discharged him at nine am SATURDAY. So we had to drive straight to Florida. Once we got there, our room was ready, it was about six, and we were all happy again. My dad wasn't. He wasn't allowed to walk and he had to sit all days, except for one, out. Poor guy.

I didn't get any pictures of my room I KNOW SHAME ON ME HOW DARE I but I figure everyone knows what a standard hotel room looks like at a basic resort.

Since there's construction they gave us this. (I wish it was still the gift cards :( )
43177483001_7b66526439_z.jpg

And because my dad is so stubborn he refused to just sit there for 100% of the time so he made us all get up and walk to the buffet. He's a sucker for buffets and he did NOT want to just order pizza. We were in Aruba so we had to cross two bridges and that island, to someone simple that's not a lot, but to my dad fresh out of surgery it was a whole lot and he complained the entire way. IT WAS HIS IDEA!

Anyway, we got our wristbands and this was my first plate.
29305964898_26c430ac56_z.jpg

Barbecue chicken was okay, mashed potatoes were okay, and the shrimp was ugh. I LOVED the macaroni and cheese though.
Second plate:
29305969438_095dc4122f_z.jpg

Of course more mac, the bread was rough and plain. Even with butter it just wasn't cool. The potato was, well, a potato. I had more broccoli then that I just ate all but one for the picture. For some reason?
Anyway after that I got a couple virgin chocolate rums and went back to the hotel room. I showered, changed into something nice, and went to Magic Kingdom for a late night. My younger brother and sister and of course father stayed behind to sleep so it was just me and my older, younger than me though, brother who went.
Once we met up we miraculously still had one fastpass to use. Just the one. It was for Peter Pan.

I'm just gonna say right now, the parks during the day were crowded. But once eight hit, they were empty. Basically ghost town. And right now it was 10. So after Peter Pan we watched Philharmagic, rode It's a Small World, and then rode Haunted Mansion. OF COURSE IT BROKE DOWN. We were stuck there for about ten minutes when it started moving again.

The park was closed at this time, it was 11 now, and instead of being normal and going to the hotel we went to the ice cream parlor.
I took this nice pic on the way.
29305947968_0c6c30e789_z.jpg

And then we got to the ice cream place. I got a plaza sundae with cookies n cream and mint n chip.
42459427774_70830c559b_z.jpg

Then we sat by the plaza and watched the kiss goodnight before heading out. Tomorrow was our first Animal Kingdom day and I hoped because of our late day tonight, we could head back to Magic Kingdom and ride more after we use our fastpasses at AK.

UP NEXT: Animal Kingdom and SCORCHING heats. I mean REALLY hot and I live in Cali where we hit 115, this weather was just somehow worse.

What a challenging start to your trip! Your Dad is amazing being able to just turn around from that surgery and keep going so quickly. I had that surgery and was down for about a week and a half!

The ice-cream sundae looks delish:flower:

What a challenging start to your trip! Your Dad is amazing being able to just turn around from that surgery and keep going so quickly. I had that surgery and was down for about a week and a half!

The ice-cream sundae looks delish:flower:

Thank you for reading! Yeah whenever we told workers he just came out of surgery they'd be like "wow" and i think a few others didn't even believe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter