"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

So I'm not sure if you saw my comments on your SWGE visits, you didn't comment on the post, so I'm not sure if you missed it or not. I'm going tomorrow for my third visit, and I'm hoping to post on my Bonus Features TR Monday about my visits. Because I went in the Previews, I couldn't take a picture of my Sausage from Ronto Roasters. I had asked if I could borrow yours, while giving you credit......
No I must have missed them! So sorry-but of course you can use any photos of mine!
I can't seem to convince anyone to go to Tiffin's with me even though so many people have highly recommended it.
Next time we are there at the same time I’ll go with you! It’s one of the places I visit over and over again!

No multi-quoting for me for a while, I am back to being way behind.

Thanks for sharing all of this. You have made me realize that I am not a Star Wars Fan, but a Star Wars Poser. I've been twice but I didn't know half of the stuff that you revealed in your report. Like the wrist bands. I noticed that they were all different, but I didn't get the fact that they were all different planets in the Star Wars Galaxy.

The first time we went was during previews so we had no maps, no phones, no app. I didn't even know about the Rebel Supply area so we missed that completely. Also I didn't care for the merchandise that they sold in Batuu. I wanted the stuff that said "Galaxy's Edge" on it, not Black Spire Outpost. When we were there Monday, I did end up getting that same white shirt that you did.

I wasn't all that impressed with the $14 hot dog. I won't have a picture of it for my TR since we had it on the preview day, and I probably won't be having one again. Maybe I'll "borrow" your picture, with credit given of course! :laughing: The beef looks good, our friends had it Monday night and it looked pretty tasty. The chicken thing sounded OK, but I'll try the kids portion with the Mac n Cheese and veggies. I'm not a fan of peas and carrots. I wasn't feeling well, but I won't bore your TR with that and I'll save it for mine.

I'm glad you built a Droid and a Lightsaber. Those are things that don't really appeal to me, especially for the prices. We have enough cra....errrr stuff at our house, I am quite selective about what I purchase now.

I'm not a fan of coconut, and all my friends have forced me to try the blue milk. I can smell the coconut and it tastes like it too. I'm sad because I would have liked to enjoy it, but just not happening. I'm hoping that this Sunday we get to the Cantina. I have a strategy now that I've seen the madness that is lining up at Hungry Bear! :eek:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say, you are much more of a thrill junkie that myself! I was the pilot the first time that I rode and it was waaaaaay too much stress for me! Everyone in the car was yelling, "pull up! Pull up!" and I kept running into things, I couldn't really control the ship and I was kind of freaking out. I actually liked the Engineer position cause it was the least stressful. I read some other peoples comments that they just sat with their arms crossed and had the same experience as when they tried hard to be accurate.
Ok finally read it! It was the last post on that page so I must have accidentally gone one page too far and missed it!

I wouldn’t call you a poser at all! There are so many different levels of SW fans. I even feel inadequate when I’m around some of them!

Besides the Rey outfit, I didn’t end up getting shirts in GE. I did like the purple droid shirt, but I haven’t seen it in my size yet. Maybe one day!

And like I said-you are welcome to any photos! I ended up getting onto someone else’s reservation for the last reservation day! I may end up trying the kids breakfast dish (scrambled eggs and purple potatoes). I’ll also prob get the chicken dish again before the others.

I liked being the pilot and controlling it all! I also always try to make it fun! When we are in the briefing room I try to get a team cheer going. And just make it a group thing even if I don’t know anyone else in the cockpit! I’ve almost always come out of there laughing and excited! I like engineer too because it’s the best view of everything going on. In order to get the best score I basically have started just banging down on all the buttons or flipping switches when some turn green! I need to give gunner another try!

That seems like sleeping in for a Disney vacation, but remember, my body clock still felt 3 hrs ahead.
Slacker! Up and at em! :laughing:
I love the Sassagoula ferries. Very relaxing!
::yes:: I love taking those. I don't care if it was longer than a bus ride, I'd still take them.
Wandered through Days of Christmas, and for the first time I noticed the 12 days of Christmas displays throughout the store. (And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)
ooohhhhhh...
Wine Bar George. This place hadn’t really been on my radar until they added brunch, including a Dole Whip Froscato Mimosa, which sold me!
Hoping to check that out some day.
A “Behind the Trip Report” photo!
:laughing:
It was the first time I’ve gotten Sephora makeup
My girls use Sephora quite a lot. I call it "Seph'ra", just to bug them.
Loved the Easter Eggs – so gorgeous and detailed!
I had no idea this was even a thing!
we got all dressy for the occasion-can you tell who I was inspired by?
BB8!

And I like your Dapper dress too. :)
I was so happy they got him back in stock a few weeks earlier! The actual drink inside wasn’t the best – basically a melted creamsicle, and I actually like creamsicles. The wine version of it is much better, as the wine helps cut the sweetness.
I got mine (for my DD18) and liked the drink.
My room worked out nicely – a first floor, in a mansion near the bridge over to Ol Man Island (and the main building). It also was about 20 ft from one of the quiet pools! (I normally prefer upper level rooms, but considering I was going to be gone most of the days, a ground floor was fine).
I like main floor when I'm flying solo. Easy in and out.
I had booked Tiffins for dinner that night, as it’s my favorite restaurant (WDW and otherwise),
I've heard others make similar claims.

So jealous of that WBG Brunch! A Dole Whip Froscato and French Toast? Sounds like the perfect meal!

Great photos of the Easter Eggs at Beach Club and the Grand!

I love your Dapper Day dress and ears so much!

ALSO jealous that you got your hands on the Orange Bird sipper. It's so cute!

I've never been to Tiffins before, but you've sold me. That short rib sounds to-die-for!

Wow, what a day! Can't wait to hear more!

Caught up!

Loved the remaining Star Wars days! I really can’t wait to visit!

We also love Tiffans! Great restaurant with great atmosphere and food!

Sounds like a yummy brunch!

I love both your dapper day outfits- so pretty!

It's funny that I haven't read one positive review of the orange bird drink :rotfl:

The Easter eggs at the GF are so cool!

Sounds like a nice night at AK!

you are welcome to any photos!

Thanks! I just posted my update this morning with your Ronto Wrap pic in it.

I ended up getting onto someone else’s reservation for the last reservation day!

What time slot? I'm on someone else's reservation that day, but not sure if it's gonna pan out. We have the 2-6 slot just like yesterday.

In order to get the best score I basically have started just banging down on all the buttons or flipping switches when some turn green! I need to give gunner another try!

That's pretty much what I do. I hope that I get to ride it again Sunday.

Perfect! I always struggle with sweet verse savory at brunch.
Yeah, me too! I like to be able to get one main and one side, sweet and savory! Or just get a savory thing and drip maple syrup all over it - whatever works!
You all look great! I love that dress! I loved that whole line or series of stuff when they released it.
Thanks! I did like that line - colors always drag me in!
So cute!!! Love him. Morgan uses hers for water at night.
Cute!
I know! You had to decompress after watching the episodes!
Oh yes - I almost wish I could have watched it at another time, but I would have totally been spoiled the next day. At home its nicer because we get the east coast HBO feed, so could watch Game of Thrones at 5pm instead of 8pm. Enough time to really take it in before bed!
I cannot believe you got to go to Star wars land 4 times in the first week. That is insane. You are insane. And my husband is massively jealous!
It's so awesome! And I get to go again this upcoming weekend!
Every time I see this i have to think twice as I think you are talking about me
Yeah we had a lot of K's: Kari, Karilyn, Kara, Caroline...
I feel like this could be a report in and of itself.
Haha - seriously!
What an adorable dress. You are star Wars through and through.
I am! I actually bought this dress off Ebay. I had seen it when it was originally for sale online years ago but didn't get it. And I regretted it after it went out of stock. But after I booked the SWDAS cruise I checked and somehow found an unused dress, in my size, for super discounted! Woohoo!
All of these eggs are amazing, but I think this is my favorite. I love when they think beyond an "egg" and embrace different shapes and concepts.
I agree!
At least I was able to salvage most of it! Just had to clean up the leftover powder and that made a big pink stain everywhere!
Also known as "I don't have to suck in the gut" :rotfl:
Haha - sorry! Should have warned you before I snapped a photo!

I was going to ask about their cost, but figured I had a pretty good idea if the light sabers we're $200.
I'm a big fan, but paying two mortgages right now, so unless I hit the lottery, not seeing it. You have to buy a ticket to win the lottery, right? Oh well
Yeah, there is honestly so much stuff to buy! It's hard to resist.
I'm wondering if they thought (and I do) the demand will want off once the initial hard core fans have already bought one.
Agreed. I do think keeping it small will mean there will always be some demand. But not such an extreme that they expand to the outlets (like the Banshees).
Isn't that 3 hours behind? 3 hours later it would be 8 for West coast.
Yeah - you're right. I forgot terminology! Just know I felt 3-hrs more tired than I should have! :P
Is this new? I don't remember seeing those.
At EPCOT, I only saw when Liesa was taking pictures. Just call me Mr observant. :lmao:
I know I've seen them at AK (in the backstage areas), Epcot, and this route to Disney Springs. Maybe they have them in even more backstage areas of the parks?
I just moved down in October. Maybe I need to ping Zach and maybe we can do a dismeet.
Definitely - I'm going to tag Zach @AMusicLifeForMe to remind you to make it happen!
Oopsie! That was an expensive drop. :headache:
Yup. At least I collected most of the pieces. I need to grind it up into powder, add a few drops of mineral oil, and let it dry then it should be easier to use! Just haven't gotten around to it yet!
This makes me nostagic for the Great Movie ride. :(
I never got to see it :( It closed before my first trip!
Holy crap! I go to Tiffin's almost every trip and am totally getting this next time! WHOA!
Yeah, it was on the "enhancements" side. But really you could end up having it as an entree, it was so big!

BB8!

And I like your Dapper dress too. :)
Thanks! I do love BB-8 and even have coordinating ears from etsy (though they hadn't arrived for Dapper Day yet).
I've heard others make similar claims.
It really is yummy! Don't let the exotic names throw you off - it ends up tasting delicious!
I love your Dapper Day dress and ears so much!

ALSO jealous that you got your hands on the Orange Bird sipper. It's so cute!

I've never been to Tiffins before, but you've sold me. That short rib sounds to-die-for!
Tiffins really is delicious! But be careful of getting yourself psyched up for one dish - they switch up the menu every few months, but everything I've had there has been delicious!
Caught up!

Loved the remaining Star Wars days! I really can’t wait to visit!

We also love Tiffans! Great restaurant with great atmosphere and food!
Galaxy's Edge is sooo awesome! And I do love Tiffins!
Sounds like a yummy brunch!

I love both your dapper day outfits- so pretty!

It's funny that I haven't read one positive review of the orange bird drink :rotfl:

The Easter eggs at the GF are so cool!

Sounds like a nice night at AK!
It was a nice, chill day. And yeah - I think @pkondz daughter is the only one I've heard of who liked it!
What time slot? I'm on someone else's reservation that day, but not sure if it's gonna pan out. We have the 2-6 slot just like yesterday.
The slot is 8-12. Let me know if you do end up going and maybe we can try to cross paths before you guys enter and finally get to meet in person!

The slot is 8-12. Let me know if you do end up going and maybe we can try to cross paths before you guys enter and finally get to meet in person!

If it does happen we will be picking up wrist bands at noon, cause we wouldn't want to mess this one up. The snag will be that our reservation holder's father went into hospice on Father's Day. Somehow I'm not sure that going to SWGE is going to be a priority especially since the father is in Utah. I imagine this will be a day by day thing.

If it does happen we will be picking up wrist bands at noon, cause we wouldn't want to mess this one up. The snag will be that our reservation holder's father went into hospice on Father's Day. Somehow I'm not sure that going to SWGE is going to be a priority especially since the father is in Utah. I imagine this will be a day by day thing.
Oh gosh, yeah I can imagine that’s a hard thing! I hope everything works out!

We quickly arrived at my next resort – Port Orleans Riverside

Ooooh love this resort! The grounds are just so lovely.

Me too! Really nice way to travel to Disney Springs.

(And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)

I never noticed this either! Now I wanna see them all.

I also liked how they had all the resort ornaments in one spot (

Ooooh that's great intel, I'm missing some ornaments from previous stays.

Sooo yummy! I’m also not a huge alcohol drinker, but the Dole Whip definitely masked the flavor of the vodka. I would absolutely get this again!

Agreed! (except on the not a huge alcohol drinker part :rotfl:)

tXktavl.jpg

Beautiful picture!

After brunch, Su-Lynn and I made a quick stop at Sephora (Steve went somewhere else, but I don’t remember where!), as we both forgot to pack some makeup essentials and Su-Lynn had 20% off that day.

It's so dangerous for me to have Sephora at Disney. But also so convenient cause it seems I always forget something!

Yesss some Fox and the Hound love!

Great picture!

The four of us had one priority (besides admiring the adorable Dapper Day outfits) – this little guy!

He really is cute, kinda wish I'd purchased him.

Ahh another great picture!

Te Fiti!!! How cool!

Wow, this is just incredible, how clever!

Ahh this is amazing too! Wow the Grand Flo eggs are out of this world good!

I had booked Tiffins for dinner that night, as it’s my favorite restaurant (WDW and otherwise),

That's high praise!

This is so cool, I missed seeing it when I was there. One of my fav parts of the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

I also ended up getting the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese as an enhancement (Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese, Sherry, Orecchiette Pasta), which Zach and I shared. Huge chunks of lobster and yummy sauce. Another winner!

This looks amaaaazing. Way better than the average Disney Mac & cheese.

We got to see all the Easter Eggs last year for the first time, they are amazing and not to be missed!

I agree, best part of FQ (although I do love the resort)

probably a surprise for housekeeping with my towels covered in red stuff!)
:laughing: That happened to me once, with my hair coloring. I'd gotten it colored the day before we arrived and when I washed it, there was dark pink dye ALL over the towel......I felt bad and wondered what they'd think!

headed to Living with the Land (a priority for me, since I like the changes they make each season)
Yes my favorite part of that ride!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Wine Bar George Brunch! I actually ended up canceling ours this past trip but I'll get there at some point!! Defintiely looks yummy!

The orange drink sweetness makes a lot of sense. I couldn't understand why mine wasn't that sweet but I got the alcoholic version so that must have been why! Because I really enjoyed mine, very refreshing! (Although they were out of the orange bird sippers when I was there! Boo!)

I still need to try Tiffins! I'll get there at some point lol

Hi Lesley! Getting all caught up on this thread. Everything you have written about so far sounds amazing!

So, this way I was able to get my company to pay for my airfare, hotel for the first 4 nights, and food for those days! Much appreciated!

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me!

Too funny!

The events give you free reign of the parks and very low lines, which is awesome!

Sounds amazing! Will have to keep an eye out for that event next time I am down.

I, of course, decided to be my awkward self, so here is a summary of our interaction:

Awww, I have had super awkward meets too. Sometimes I don't really hear what the character has said so I just mumble something that is probably not even remotely close to what they asked to get things moving along.

They even asked at the end if I wanted another one and I was like – um, I can’t carry another one!

So much ice cream! Lucky it didn't melt all over you! :laughing:

Beautiful!!!

Love love love your updates from Galaxy's Edge. Very cool that you got to go opening weekend and take advantage of the reservation system. I am a bit afraid for what the crowd level will be like whenever I manage to get down to WDW to see it.

Your droid is so cute! So much fun!

Thanks again for sharing all the deets about SWGE, can't wait to see it. I think that kids meal you had with the chicken and mac and cheese looked delish...they always have the best kids meals!! I can't believe you got to ride 14 times lol So fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!