"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

Loved all the SWGE updates! I think one of those Mouse Droid popcorn buckets was delivered to my house today ;)

Poor Zach and his outside influences hahaha I told him to go too.

Promise your DH you'll wait for him to do the ride?

I think this is what I might do. Now to figure out how to convince my Mom to get up and go for the 6 am EMHs with me. She wants to see the land but knows nothing about Star Wars so the early wake up just doesn't appeal to her at all.

And you can see what I left with!

I seem to have that same problem every time I leave WDW. :rotfl:

got in a couple rides on Soarin over California!

I wish they would bring this back to WDW for a bit. Well as long as it's end of Oct/beginning of Nov that is.

I also started playing the games via the app. There are several things to do, like scanning barcodes on cargo containers, “hacking” transmissions or various elements in the land.

This sounds pretty awesome! It's the Play Disney App, right? I need to download and check it out before my next trip.

Like a large chicken tender on a bed of mashed potatoes with peas and carrots mixed in.

This sounds like the perfect dish for me!

Thanks for the SWGE report! So cool to hear the thoughts of someone who went on opening day! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this trip report :). Firstly, I love the t-shirt you were wearing opening day! Where did you get that? Loved it!

It sounded like being there opening day was quite the experience in itself, the atmosphere of excitement and all the CMs and Imagineers being there to welcome you!

I had a question about the BB Driods - do they actually roll or just sort of wiggle? Do you know if the R2 units actually move as well?

I really appreciated all the pictures of the detail around the land. I'm trying to start planning my photo map (where I want to go to take pictures) in Galaxy's Edge, so your shots of everything really helped.

Last thing, would you say the Lightsaber experience is worth it (for the money)? I'm not sure how much I need a lightsaber prop for $200USD but the experience itself looks super cool and I really want to do that, so for our visit in October I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the cost vs the experience. I told Jared that I wanted either a droid or a saber as my birthday present (getting both would be about $450 AUD which is a lot of money) so also trying to weigh up which one I'd prefer.

This sounds pretty awesome! It's the Play Disney App, right? I need to download and check it out before my next trip.
I think you would like it! It’s fun and encourages you to wander about the land!
think this is what I might do. Now to figure out how to convince my Mom to get up and go for the 6 am EMHs with me. She wants to see the land but knows nothing about Star Wars so the early wake up just doesn't appeal to her at all.
Yeah, it would be tough! Maybe monitor how crowds and capacity is going. Maybe they will put in a fast pass for the land itself?
This sounds like the perfect dish for me!
Yeah-you probably would like it! Maybe ask for the sauce on the side though?

Firstly, I love the t-shirt you were wearing opening day! Where did you get that? Loved it!
Glitter ever after on Etsy! They have so many cute shirts!
I had a question about the BB Driods - do they actually roll or just sort of wiggle? Do you know if the R2 units actually move as well?
They both move completely. The BB units roll around (there are magnets in the motor), though they can be a bit wobbly and it takes practice to make sure the head doesn’t pop off all the time! You also don’t really have customization options, besides the personality chip and initial colors.

The R units are much easier to control and go back/forward, turn and spin. They also have lots of colored accessories and other things like blaster and drink attachments.

I love my BB unit but probably will end up getting an R unit eventually too!
Last thing, would you say the Lightsaber experience is worth it (for the money)? I'm not sure how much I need a lightsaber prop for $200USD but the experience itself looks super cool and I really want to do that, so for our visit in October I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the cost vs the experience.
So, that is a tough question. The experience was very cool and really special! Disney Tourist blog just posted a review and even though they weren’t big SW fans, they still loved it. But it does cost a lot (though once you consider add-ons for the droid, it gets closer) and also takes a lot of time. I don’t know how they will do the lightsabers in the future (maybe do a reservation system like Bibbidi bobbidi boutique) because it can be stressful to try and get a booking right now!

So I don’t know if I have a recommendation? Maybe just watch other people around with the droids and sabers and you can decide then?

Glitter ever after on Etsy! They have so many cute shirts!

They both move completely. The BB units roll around (there are magnets in the motor), though they can be a bit wobbly and it takes practice to make sure the head doesn’t pop off all the time! You also don’t really have customization options, besides the personality chip and initial colors.

The R units are much easier to control and go back/forward, turn and spin. They also have lots of colored accessories and other things like blaster and drink attachments.

I love my BB unit but probably will end up getting an R unit eventually too!

So, that is a tough question. The experience was very cool and really special! Disney Tourist blog just posted a review and even though they weren’t big SW fans, they still loved it. But it does cost a lot (though once you consider add-ons for the droid, it gets closer) and also takes a lot of time. I don’t know how they will do the lightsabers in the future (maybe do a reservation system like Bibbidi bobbidi boutique) because it can be stressful to try and get a booking right now!

So I don’t know if I have a recommendation? Maybe just watch other people around with the droids and sabers and you can decide then?

Thanks for that info Lesley! I just came across Disney Tourist Blogs thoughts myself and now I am leaning more towards wanting to do it. However, I'd imagine that getting a reservation to do it is going to be crazy once the park opens to the public. I read something about reservation slots being gone within 2 minutes some of the days during the reservation only period, when significantly less people are being let into Galaxy's Edge. I still can't quite comprehend why Disney made Savi's and Olga's as small as they are, or didn't make multiple show buildings, knowing the crowds they were likely to be getting. I'm hoping that by the time we go most people who are going to do Savi's will have done it by then. And it sounds like the kind of thing MOST people would only do once (given the price tag). But still, I am also coming up against whether or not it's worth prioritising it first thing over other attractions (say ROTR IF it's open when we visit) or Olga's, which I really want to see as well. We will have a few days though, I will just have to plan smart :P.

Are the BB units cheaper than the R units? I'm torn about which one I want, but leaning towards the BB units because I find them so cute. But I do want it to move (mostly I want to make my brother-in-law jealous because he would go nuts for something like a moving BB or R unit :P :P)

Your report was so well written, that after reading it, I dreamed about being there! Thanks for all the great details! I hope WDW gets it right!

Thanks for that info Lesley! I just came across Disney Tourist Blogs thoughts myself and now I am leaning more towards wanting to do it. However, I'd imagine that getting a reservation to do it is going to be crazy once the park opens to the public. I read something about reservation slots being gone within 2 minutes some of the days during the reservation only period, when significantly less people are being let into Galaxy's Edge. I still can't quite comprehend why Disney made Savi's and Olga's as small as they are, or didn't make multiple show buildings, knowing the crowds they were likely to be getting. I'm hoping that by the time we go most people who are going to do Savi's will have done it by then. And it sounds like the kind of thing MOST people would only do once (given the price tag). But still, I am also coming up against whether or not it's worth prioritising it first thing over other attractions (say ROTR IF it's open when we visit) or Olga's, which I really want to see as well. We will have a few days though, I will just have to plan smart :P.

Are the BB units cheaper than the R units? I'm torn about which one I want, but leaning towards the BB units because I find them so cute. But I do want it to move (mostly I want to make my brother-in-law jealous because he would go nuts for something like a moving BB or R unit :P :P)
The droids are the same cost, so no help there!

I think they did make a mistake with the lightsaber and cantina being so small, but I guess they are building demand. And if they made the lightsaber experience too large then eventually it wouldn't be full - this way they've basically confirmed they will have a full house for years!
Your report was so well written, that after reading it, I dreamed about being there! Thanks for all the great details! I hope WDW gets it right!
Thanks so much! I just love sharing my love for SW!

Ok, back to May!

Day 2 – April 28, 2019

Brunch, Dapperness, and Deliciousness!

This morning I woke up around 10am (Kari left about 8am as she had a painting class scheduled back at Animal Kingdom Lodge). That seems like sleeping in for a Disney vacation, but remember, my body clock still felt 3 hrs ahead. I got cleaned up and changed into my Dapper Day dress.

Took some photos of the resort as I was leaving, but I pretty much went right from my room to the pickup spot for my Lyft.

L1D3gMH.jpg
WAql9WV.jpg
t1NbEE8.jpg
w0cDfMl.jpg
sAoasJ1.jpg
hDyEzEB.jpg

We quickly arrived at my next resort – Port Orleans Riverside. No room ready text yet (understandable), so I just checked my carry-on with bell services and headed out to catch a boat down to Disney Springs.

7PbDk6N.jpg
O7FfE4w.jpg
Qa58P2l.jpg

I love the Sassagoula ferries. Very relaxing!

JEn9q9g.jpg
HPk5nkd.jpg

Bye, my love – POFQ (I had considered staying here, but there weren’t any AP rates available, and actually it was good to get another resort experience completed)

abkaG9T.jpg

And I got to see some Purple Martin nests on the ride down. I definitely saw them being active this year; I think last year I visited too early in the season

xl4QadS.jpg

And over to Disney Springs. A lovely day for it too!

8prB8hA.jpg
a6NzWDq.jpg
zKvba16.jpg

Su-Lynn and Steve were meeting up with me for brunch and I got a text they had just gotten to POFQ and were hopping on a boat, so I stuck to the Marketplace area. Wandered through Days of Christmas, and for the first time I noticed the 12 days of Christmas displays throughout the store. (And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)

Seven Dwarfs a-mining

TFdbNlm.jpg

Nine Genies Flying

TXmvDQX.jpg

Eleven Puppies Panting

JTBVC6u.jpg

I also liked how they had all the resort ornaments in one spot (I always get a pin and ornament for the resorts I stay at - which reminds me I forgot to get one for Paradise Pier Hotel, so I'll need to stop there sometime)!

osL8QUe.jpg
ijLj6a4.jpg

I met up with the Chunky couple and we headed to grab brunch at Wine Bar George. This place hadn’t really been on my radar until they added brunch, including a Dole Whip Froscato Mimosa, which sold me!

AXDtMiI.jpg
xNuGxgL.jpg
IlHftYY.jpg
R0GmNVB.jpg

Menu

gHmOhQq.jpg
Qzrt8lx.jpg

A “Behind the Trip Report” photo!

iRtTLXh.jpg

Su-Lynn and I both got the Froscato made with Dole Whip Pineapple (Moscato, Vodka, Pineapple), and I assume Steve got the Freujolais (Beaujolais, Vodka, Raspberry), as that is what matches up with the photos! Sooo yummy! I’m also not a huge alcohol drinker, but the Dole Whip definitely masked the flavor of the vodka. I would absolutely get this again!

S9BMgND.jpg
vaqmyiN.jpg
tXktavl.jpg

For food, Steve got Steak & Eggs and Su-Lynn got the Burrata (you can read her TR for photos, but they both liked them). I got the French Toast (brioche, mascarpone, caramel sauce). Very yummy (but definitely sweet). I also got a side of the Potato Hash (potatoes and bacon) to cut the sweetness; also delicious!

HCbWQIM.jpg

I would absolutely come back here and I’m interested to try out their dinner service! I think they don’t have the Tables in Wonderland discount yet, but they did do a 10% AP or DVC discount.

After brunch, Su-Lynn and I made a quick stop at Sephora (Steve went somewhere else, but I don’t remember where!), as we both forgot to pack some makeup essentials and Su-Lynn had 20% off that day. It was the first time I’ve gotten Sephora makeup and I was actually impressed with the quality. I may need to go there more often! (Of course, before the end of the trip I knocked my new blush down in the bathroom, causing the pressed powder to shatter, and probably a surprise for housekeeping with my towels covered in red stuff!)

Next, the three of us got on a bus going to Beach Club. This was the last day for the Easter Egg displays, so I wanted to check them out, and we were going to Epcot anyways, so it just worked out!

Loved the Easter Eggs – so gorgeous and detailed!

qiIkvBg.jpg
Zy77vRr.jpg
ozFRg5y.jpg
CNhDxKn.jpg
7a27VYm.jpg
20F7AzZ.jpg
CELRhVC.jpg

Though this one looked a bit creepy…

mScxDCI.jpg

Steve looked to have very serious thoughts about the Peter Pan one!

0F3Ep5Z.jpg

Another “Behind the TR”

sc9kBC4.jpg

And onto Epcot! Very lovely day!

GssIxZ4.jpg

It was cool to get to experience Dapper Day in Epcot, as I had visited Disneyland the weekend earlier with my mom and we got all dressy for the occasion-can you tell who I was inspired by? (I didn't bring this dress because it didn't have pockets, so wasn't the best "park" dress - I will wear it on my Star Wars cruise though!)

We made a stop for some Photopass photos..
ar88PXV.jpg
bYnuA3Z.jpg

And it was also here I got to have Dismeet #4, my friend Zach, @AMusicLifeForMe , who had recently moved to Orlando.

The four of us had one priority (besides admiring the adorable Dapper Day outfits) – this little guy!

lVyNqxm.jpg
RpdYcNZ.jpg
BBC8ayR.jpg

I was so happy they got him back in stock a few weeks earlier! The actual drink inside wasn’t the best – basically a melted creamsicle, and I actually like creamsicles. The wine version of it is much better, as the wine helps cut the sweetness.

Zach and I then split off from Su-Lynn and Steve, as our Fastpasses didn’t coordinate (remember-we both ended up extending our trips last minute). While they headed to Test Track, Zach and I headed to Living with the Land (a priority for me, since I like the changes they make each season)

wXt4MJo.jpg
L12JWrl.jpg
0qGDEGw.jpg
VEnbAx9.jpg
7urWIq2.jpg
Huhny0Q.jpg
c1Jr4eI.jpg
KvXLjsi.jpg
pm1zyAI.jpg
iKg1WUt.jpg

Hidden Minnie

He9VDgu.jpg

Orangie had fun on his first (and only) ride…

bhY6XZV.jpg
cFjfx4v.jpg

I know we had various FPs for this day and I kept changing them (I probably held all of the first tier FPs at one point or another in the past month), but in the end I decided to cancel any of the remaining ones.

Also, stopped for a photopass at the front – needed to show off that I was actually wearing a dress! That is a very rare occurrence!

RQsHg0m.jpg

Instead, Zach and I headed on the monorail to the Grand Floridian, where I wanted to check out those Easter Eggs!

De2XbJQ.jpg
hXzVzTx.jpg

vYjTYFu.jpg
yPRdanx.jpg

Super gorgeous, though I think they had moved some to the side of the room so you couldn’t get a full 360 degrees view of them (like I would have liked more views of the Villains and the Aristocats ones).

gGH1OWW.jpg
5WojM8Q.jpg
WvAE9ps.jpg
rCxPnEJ.jpg
3igC4xj.jpg
jhZO69d.jpg
ffnJJYO.jpg
LIc6sIS.jpg
9Lrnlz6.jpg
dZCyNcr.jpg
7fazdpx.jpg
3ZOeD6Z.jpg
1vhRXlh.jpg
wkPA2qH.jpg
xb1uhta.jpg
VME1IUJ.jpg
zgahG6u.jpg
quZWEh4.jpg
zFsgDVS.jpg
tCThv8F.jpg
T5mrAz4.jpg
drbT12D.jpg

I then said a temporary bye to Zach while I headed back to POR (I had actually gotten a room ready text before leaving Disney Springs). Oh, and I took a Lyft, with a driver who was full-Disney, showing Frozen on a DVD player in the car!

My room worked out nicely – a first floor, in a mansion near the bridge over to Ol Man Island (and the main building). It also was about 20 ft from one of the quiet pools! (I normally prefer upper level rooms, but considering I was going to be gone most of the days, a ground floor was fine).

WApvxOs.jpg
mdzKWQT.jpg
FeK3oZR.jpg
lguW1gn.jpg
uWk45Om.jpg
jKnCHn2.jpg
8TKCcfH.jpg
h4EEf2m.jpg
CcjXrkI.jpg
HIRDnzB.jpg

After I got my bags and Owners Locker delivered I quickly switched into my bathing suit and enjoyed the pool a bit (wearing the underskirt was a mistake in Florida weather)! Nothing insane, just a nice relaxing place to cool down! Then of course, back to unpack a bit (just for the things I’d need over the next couple nights).

I had booked Tiffins for dinner that night, as it’s my favorite restaurant (WDW and otherwise), and Zach decided to come along, so that evening he picked me up from the resort and for the first time I was in a car that parked in one of the lots! Not exactly interesting, but still a first for me!

And into my favorite Disney World park – Animal Kingdom!

cCgZ8sa.jpg

We were seated quickly at Tiffins, in the back room. I’d never eaten in there before, so it was nice! Our waiter ended up being a guy who had been there since the beginning, and we realized it was almost time for its 3rd anniversary!

zoRyRgF.jpg
kdsThMk.jpg
Fw3RPrx.jpg
5YuNxRa.jpg
CZDNJlh.jpg
kBHoOWo.jpg
5lKnE7n.jpg
cm3muKf.jpg

Menu photo. This actually was the same menu as when my mom and I visited in February (they switch up some of the dishes every few months.)

EQCzguY.jpg
te7Sw9J.jpg

Start with the bread, which I think has a pomegranate and molasses flavor? It’s strong, and not my favorite, but really fits the restaurant.

HLo7QGh.jpg

Zach got the Shrimp and Grits, which he said was delicious and his favorite shrimp on property. I got the Tamarind Braised Short Rib (Parsnip-Potato Puree, Cauliflower, Cipollini Onion, Medjool Date Vinaigrette), which was delicious! It was so tender, I never needed to use a knife (just to actually help push some puree onto my fork). And the glaze was so sweet!

7afLTbz.jpg

I also ended up getting the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese as an enhancement (Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese, Sherry, Orecchiette Pasta), which Zach and I shared. Huge chunks of lobster and yummy sauce. Another winner!

Tnsyo3E.jpg

I always love my meals at Tiffins and look forward to many, many more! Oh, and the sketch I received (I didn’t get one in February, which was disappointing)

smgIFlB.jpg

(Oh, and in my December TR, I’ve been tracking my Tables in Wonderland savings, and I did use that discount for this meal. However, because it was the night before my conference, it counted as work travel…so, it was covered by my company! I’ll try to include other TiW discounts I got in the trip!)

Zach offered to drive me back to POR, but on the way out we did pause for the Tree of Life Awakenings, as well as more PP photos

DhdWugO.jpg
VEmfdHO.jpg

Q6sSnXP.jpg
FltGzq6.jpg

Lovely POR at night

Bk97ta1.jpg

Once I got back, I got cleaned up and everything ready for my first day at the conference in the morning. Also… it was Sunday night, which meant – GAME OF THRONES! More importantly – The Battle of Winterfell! I had brought my Chromecast, but unfortunately wasn’t able to get it to work properly (I did discover a work around but needed another device to help cast it, so that didn’t work this evening). After I was totally ready, I turned off all the lights and cuddled up in bed with my phone to watch the battle against the White Walkers! Loved this episode so much – so tense and well done! Also, Arya is my favorite character (my cat is named Arya). I don’t want to start a discussion on the remainder of the season – it wasn’t perfect, but I still liked it overall!

Of course, once that was over, I was still too emotional and could barely sleep, not the best for the conference the next day, but oh well!

giphy.gif

Coming up - Working in Orlando!?!

iRtTLXh.jpg
Ha! We are just "revealing" all of our secrets. Ha!

Su-Lynn and I both got the Froscato made with Dole Whip Pineapple (Moscato, Vodka, Pineapple), and I assume Steve got the Freujolais (Beaujolais, Vodka, Raspberry), as that is what matches up with the photos! Sooo yummy! I’m also not a huge alcohol drinker, but the Dole Whip definitely masked the flavor of the vodka. I would absolutely get this again!

S9BMgND.jpg
I want want want!!! YUM!

Toast (brioche, mascarpone, caramel sauce). Very yummy (but definitely sweet). I also got a side of the Potato Hash (potatoes and bacon) to cut the sweetness; also delicious!

HCbWQIM.jpg
Perfect! I always struggle with sweet verse savory at brunch.

would absolutely come back here and I’m interested to try out their dinner service!
Andy had someone at his work who said dinner was great. One day.

mScxDCI.jpg
Creepy yet some reason I love it.

You all look great! I love that dress! I loved that whole line or series of stuff when they released it.

So cute!!! Love him. Morgan uses hers for water at night.

The wine version of it is much better, as the wine helps cut the sweetness.
Def! It was less milky.

We had a chandler like this in our dinning room when we moved in but not as nice. And every time someone posts a pic of it, that is all I can think of.

Zach decided to come along, so that evening he picked me up from the resort and for the first time I was in a car that parked in one of the lots! Not exactly interesting, but still a first for me!
I can see how that would be strange.

I got the Tamarind Braised Short Rib (Parsnip-Potato Puree, Cauliflower, Cipollini Onion, Medjool Date Vinaigrette), which was delicious! It was so tender, I never needed to use a knife (just to actually help push some puree onto my fork). And the glaze was so sweet!

7afLTbz.jpg
This is totally what I would have picked.

I also ended up getting the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese as an enhancement (Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese, Sherry, Orecchiette Pasta), which Zach and I shared. Huge chunks of lobster and yummy sauce. Another winner!

Tnsyo3E.jpg
And that!!! Triple Yum.

Of course, once that was over, I was still too emotional and could barely sleep, not the best for the conference the next day, but oh well!
I know! You had to decompress after watching the episodes!

I cannot believe you got to go to Star wars land 4 times in the first week. That is insane. You are insane. And my husband is massively jealous!

This morning I woke up around 10am (Kari left about 8am as she had a painting class scheduled back at Animal Kingdom Lodge).
Every time I see this i have to think twice as I think you are talking about me

Wandered through Days of Christmas, and for the first time I noticed the 12 days of Christmas displays throughout the store. (And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)
D'oh! I've never picked up on the name nor even seen the actual 12 days of Christmas so I'll join you in the club.

iRtTLXh.jpg
I feel like this could be a report in and of itself.

I’m also not a huge alcohol drinker, but the Dole Whip definitely masked the flavor of the vodka. I would absolutely get this again!

S9BMgND.jpg
Yum! This looks so good. I thought it would be more frozen (and I don't like frozen drinks) but the looks like a perfect consistency.

I would absolutely come back here and I’m interested to try out their dinner service! I think they don’t have the Tables in Wonderland discount yet, but they did do a 10% AP or DVC discount.
This is so on my list to try later this summer!

(I didn't bring this dress because it didn't have pockets, so wasn't the best "park" dress - I will wear it on my Star Wars cruise though!)
What an adorable dress. You are star Wars through and through.

All of these eggs are amazing, but I think this is my favorite. I love when they think beyond an "egg" and embrace different shapes and concepts.

cCgZ8sa.jpg
Me too!!!

7afLTbz.jpg

Both look and sound awesome. Tiffins is definitely an in park gem!

OK I'm skimming over your GE posts for now because I need a moment to digest it all in. But I saw all your pictures on FB and boy, I am sooooo excited to see it for myself!

I met up with the Chunky couple and we headed to grab brunch at Wine Bar George.
I like that! The Chunky Couple!

S9BMgND.jpg
Definitely would get that again!!
(Of course, before the end of the trip I knocked my new blush down in the bathroom, causing the pressed powder to shatter, and probably a surprise for housekeeping with my towels covered in red stuff!)
Oh no!!!
Another “Behind the TR”

sc9kBC4.jpg
Also known as "I don't have to suck in the gut" :rotfl:
That Alien egg is so cool! It would be so much cooler if it were a working claw!
Once I got back, I got cleaned up and everything ready for my first day at the conference in the morning. Also… it was Sunday night, which meant – GAME OF THRONES! More importantly – The Battle of Winterfell! I had brought my Chromecast, but unfortunately wasn’t able to get it to work properly (I did discover a work around but needed another device to help cast it, so that didn’t work this evening). After I was totally ready, I turned off all the lights and cuddled up in bed with my phone to watch the battle against the White Walkers! Loved this episode so much – so tense and well done! Also, Arya is my favorite character (my cat is named Arya). I don’t want to start a discussion on the remainder of the season – it wasn’t perfect, but I still liked it overall!
Yup just like our night huddled in our room watching that episode in the dark. The things we do for the Throne!

The droids are the same cost, so no help there!
I was going to ask about their cost, but figured I had a pretty good idea if the light sabers we're $200.
I'm a big fan, but paying two mortgages right now, so unless I hit the lottery, not seeing it. You have to buy a ticket to win the lottery, right? Oh well

I think they did make a mistake with the lightsaber and cantina being so small, but I guess they are building demand. And if they made the lightsaber experience too large then eventually it wouldn't be full - this way they've basically confirmed they will have a full house for years!
I'm wondering if they thought (and I do) the demand will want off once the initial hard core fans have already bought one.

Thanks so much! I just love sharing my love for SW!
No! Really? Couldn't tell. ;)

That seems like sleeping in for a Disney vacation, but remember, my body clock still felt 3 hrs ahead
Isn't that 3 hours behind? 3 hours later it would be 8 for West coast.

And I got to see some Purple Martin nests on the ride down. I definitely saw them being active this year; I think last year I visited too early in the season
Is this new? I don't remember seeing those.
At EPCOT, I only saw when Liesa was taking pictures. Just call me Mr observant. :lmao:

Wandered through Days of Christmas, and for the first time I noticed the 12 days of Christmas displays throughout the store. (And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)
I don't care for DTD much...not a big shopper. I'm not sure I've ever been there, but cool concept.

Loved the Easter Eggs – so gorgeous and detailed!
Saw these in April.

mScxDCI.jpg
Why so? An egg and Mr/Mrs potato Head have same basic shape. I thought it was a cute idea. What did you find creepy?

And it was also here I got to have Dismeet #4, my friend Zach, @AMusicLifeForMe , who had recently moved to Orlando.
I just moved down in October. Maybe I need to ping Zach and maybe we can do a dismeet.

Hidden Minnie

He9VDgu.jpg
Good eye. Never noticed that.
Remember, Mr observant?

The level of detailing is amazing! I can't wait to finally see it all Sept. and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars junkie. It certainly looks like anyone would enjoy this new land, fan or not. I think the food choices you tried all look super good and I'm sure we'll end up getting something from the Docking 7 place. Of course I can't wait to try the Blue Milk too! Mmm! Thanks for such a great and thorough review! Makes me super excited to finally get to see it all myself!

Wine bar George is on my list for Sept. and I can't wait to have one. Sounds so delicious and refreshing!

(Of course, before the end of the trip I knocked my new blush down in the bathroom, causing the pressed powder to shatter, and probably a surprise for housekeeping with my towels covered in red stuff!)

Oopsie! That was an expensive drop. :headache:

I've never gotten to see the eggs yet, but hope to on a future trip sometime!

So cute!!
I was so happy they got him back in stock a few weeks earlier! The actual drink inside wasn’t the best – basically a melted creamsicle, and I actually like creamsicles. The wine version of it is much better, as the wine helps cut the sweetness.

That's what I've heard across the board. I tasted the wine one and it was fantastic!

My fave of the bunch.

This makes me nostagic for the Great Movie ride. :(

Mine too!!!!
Holy crap! I go to Tiffin's almost every trip and am totally getting this next time! WHOA!

So I'm not sure if you saw my comments on your SWGE visits, you didn't comment on the post, so I'm not sure if you missed it or not. I'm going tomorrow for my third visit, and I'm hoping to post on my Bonus Features TR Monday about my visits. Because I went in the Previews, I couldn't take a picture of my Sausage from Ronto Roasters. I had asked if I could borrow yours, while giving you credit......

Took some photos of the resort as I was leaving, but I pretty much went right from my room to the pickup spot for my Lyft.

I forgot that you were still at the Loew's Royal Pacific!

We quickly arrived at my next resort – Port Orleans Riverside.

Nice choice!

And I got to see some Purple Martin nests on the ride down.

Ah, so you are a bird fan as well....my parents are big bird fans.

Wine Bar George. This place hadn’t really been on my radar until they added brunch

I'm not sure if it's on my radar. I don't really see much on the Brunch menu that really interests me.

Very yummy (but definitely sweet). I also got a side of the Potato Hash (potatoes and bacon) to cut the sweetness; also delicious!

This is probably what I would have ordered from that menu.

And onto Epcot! Very lovely day!

Empty too!

Those eggs are all very nice and very detailed, although they really botched Marie.

I can't seem to convince anyone to go to Tiffin's with me even though so many people have highly recommended it.

Once I got back, I got cleaned up and everything ready for my first day at the conference in the morning.

You really burn the candles at both ends. I would have needed to be in bed by 8PM, to get it together for a conference in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!