"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

It's so dangerous for me to have Sephora at Disney. But also so convenient cause it seems I always forget something!
I haven't really shopped there much in the past - it's a bit overwhelming and still is! But I really liked the quality of that blush and I also like their current inclusive campaign. We have one in my local mall, so it's a very dangerous slope!
This is so cool, I missed seeing it when I was there. One of my fav parts of the Maharajah Jungle Trek.
It's in the room you have to walk through Nomad Lounge to get to. I didn't even really know it was there until they sat us!
Yes my favorite part of that ride!
Oh yes, I love that ride! I think it's in my top Epcot rides. I would love if parts of it got updated though (not all of it, probably just the outdated screen portions).
That happened to me once, with my hair coloring. I'd gotten it colored the day before we arrived and when I washed it, there was dark pink dye ALL over the towel......I felt bad and wondered what they'd think!
I have a duvet cover which is still partially pink when I used to dye my hair crazy colors in college! And I'm sure the housekeepers have seen much worse! I just read a story about a lesbian cruise where two ladies had some fun and left their, um, equipment out, and when they got back to the room the steward had cleaned them all and put them gently away!
Let me know when you're in town. Love Tiffin's.
Go to Tiffin's and dismeet!!!! Woohoo!
Sounds like an awesome plan! Gotta get @franandaj to Tiffins!
I'm glad you enjoyed the Wine Bar George Brunch! I actually ended up canceling ours this past trip but I'll get there at some point!! Defintiely looks yummy!

The orange drink sweetness makes a lot of sense. I couldn't understand why mine wasn't that sweet but I got the alcoholic version so that must have been why! Because I really enjoyed mine, very refreshing! (Although they were out of the orange bird sippers when I was there! Boo!)

I still need to try Tiffins! I'll get there at some point lol
You definitely need to try both places! And yeah, the orange wine slush was sooo much better. I ended up getting it twice!
Awww, I have had super awkward meets too. Sometimes I don't really hear what the character has said so I just mumble something that is probably not even remotely close to what they asked to get things moving along.
Yeah, and I feel even when it's characters with the full head mask, I end up miming most of my things! Sadness is the worst and the two times I've met her I couldn't understand what she was saying and the photographer had to translate! One time Sadness was so relieved that she went to her knees thanking him!
So much ice cream! Lucky it didn't melt all over you! :laughing:
Um...well it may have! I just used lots of napkins!
Love love love your updates from Galaxy's Edge. Very cool that you got to go opening weekend and take advantage of the reservation system. I am a bit afraid for what the crowd level will be like whenever I manage to get down to WDW to see it.
Yeah, I have no idea what it's going to be like at DHS!
Thanks again for sharing all the deets about SWGE, can't wait to see it. I think that kids meal you had with the chicken and mac and cheese looked delish...they always have the best kids meals!! I can't believe you got to ride 14 times lol So fun!
Yeah, it's such a fun place! I'm getting to go back this weekend for one last reservation period and can't wait!

Kari left about 8am as she had a painting class scheduled back at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oh wow I didn't know that was a thing but it sounds super cool!

and for the first time I noticed the 12 days of Christmas displays throughout the store. (And of course, as I’m writing this, it finally clicked – that’s why it’s called Days of Christmas…)
Add this to the list of "things I didn't know were things"

Dole Whip Froscato Mimosa, which sold me!
Now this is a thing I knew about. I sooo want to try one!

I would absolutely get this again!
🤤 🤤 🤤

Loved the Easter Eggs – so gorgeous and detailed!
So pretty! Would love to see these some day :)

The four of us had one priority (besides admiring the adorable Dapper Day outfits) – this little guy!
I can't get over how absolutely adorable the orange bird sipper is.

The wine version of it is much better
As is usually the case 😅

Also, stopped for a photopass at the front – needed to show off that I was actually wearing a dress! That is a very rare occurrence!
Great photo! You look awesome and I love the kind of fish-eye angle from the camera.

and we realized it was almost time for its 3rd anniversary!
Wow has it really been open three years already?? Crazy!

Loved your Dapper Day dress, and the BB8 dress you showed from DL!

Day 3 - Exhausted...from sitting in a chair all day!

(One thing I realized I forgot to put a map of the resort to show where my room was – I like to do that to keep track, so here it is!)
3S5evXc.png

Monday morning I woke up early – the conference breakfast started at 7am, though the actual sessions didn’t start until 9am.
a8dAvU9.jpg

(Oh funny TR story – I’m looking at the photo above and am like, something doesn’t feel right about it…so I decide to rotate 180 degrees. Yup – upside down! Which I guess demonstrates how still the water was that morning)
EyBWTvB.jpg

Breakfast was a simple bounty platter at Riverside Mill. I was needing a Mickey Waffle! The food area was busy with lots of people planning their Disney days, but not overly crowded (I didn’t have long food waits and found a table easily)
HZfaURb.jpg
DHjTuuN.jpg
gpfWy8O.jpg

I hopped in a Lyft over to the conference; it was held at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, about 15-20 minutes away depending on traffic. The actual conference was fine, nothing really earth shattering. It was more helpful I think for architects and planners, I tend to just do the boring code stuff! But I made good contacts and schmoozed with people. Of course, with only a couple hours of sleep and not exactly the most invigorating of conference topics, I nearly fell asleep a few times! Oops.

For dinner, I originally thought I may go back to Disney Springs and do something simple like D Luxe or Pizza Ponte. But in the wrap-up cocktail hour I was talking with a couple architects (including 2 who are based in LA and I’ve worked with a bunch) and we ended up getting dinner together at the hotel that night. It was a pretty good meal, but it felt a bit weird to take photos, so I didn’t!

Afterwards, another lyft back to Disneyworld, when I finally went under the arches! (The previous day the lyft had taken the back route by Disney Springs so I hadn’t gone under one yet!) Zach and I hadn’t quite decided if you could really say you were at Disneyworld unless you properly went under one of the arches…
8WuhCaf.jpg

And bed, etc.

Day 4 - Second verse, same as the first

Tuesday morning started the same as Monday. Breakfast at Riverside Mill. This time a kid’s waffles, but I got sausages instead of whatever it was supposed to come with (maybe scrambled eggs? I just remember the eggs being pretty plasticy the day before). I also gave the bag of grapes to a family sitting nearby, since I don’t like grapes!
fZieCKU.jpg
uy7cdIc.jpg

I had discovered the previous day that the Hyatt Regency only has Pepsi :crazy2:, no Coke, so I made sure to bring a bottle with me this time! I don't like coffee so sodas are my main form of caffeine!
tyJ23KF.jpg

And another exciting (sarcasm) day of conference. There was one session which I was excited about:
mv2snbh.jpg

Unfortunately, it ended up being a misnomer, as basically 2 architects who know nothing about Imagineering just decided to try and relate some general ideas back to their projects, but overall, basic info.

Thankfully I was able to cut out early, as the last couple sessions weren’t the most useful and most business development contacts were also leaving. So, anyways – I was off and headed back to Disneyworld, bad selfie and all!
XA1Ugoh.jpg

At POR, I stopped in Fulton’s General Store to do some shopping.
H3epvZ6.jpg
M1tJKev.jpg
TIDspSj.jpg
8pZmj4i.jpg

Originally I planned on just getting a pin/ornament (like I do for all resorts I stay at), but I ended up walking out with a pin, ornament, magicband, photo album, and a new phone case (to be fair, all except for the magicband I had already planned on getting at some point in the trip).
tg0dYZt.jpg
WqJow1b.jpg
MIRYIRE.jpg
WIye7u4.jpg
Tu4YM3l.jpg

Oh, and I guess I got some other pins too!
YUpw5RR.jpg

I retired my old Disneyland phone case (which was falling apart) for a new WDW case. I love those otter box cases, as they look nice but also provide a good level of protection (I drop my phone about 10 times per day).
4Gtygm3.jpg

On my way back to the room I did a mini photo-tour
pfdS2xK.jpg
0qC8RvS.jpg
iSUx9XB.jpg
L6HjbNj.jpg
BbvaXbN.jpg
v7C1Ac6.jpg
0IFDiAJ.jpg
EFvK8na.jpg

For some reason I had a Magic Express tag on my door, even though the next day I was just headed to another resort – that hasn’t happened with a split stay before, but oh well!
7b9xwCi.jpg

After getting changed and resting a bit (probably also packing a bit, but I don’t really remember), I headed down to Disney Springs for dinner.
JBge35H.jpg

The boat made a stop at POFQ to drop off a couple people, and as we pulled up I saw Su-Lynn’s sister, Su-Queen boarding the boat next to mine! Turns out Su-Lynn was next to her, but I just didn’t see her at first! So we waved at each other and they got this lovely photo. I tried to take a photo of them, but it didn’t turn out well!
iBwn2Mr.jpg

At first we yelled back and forth, but realized that wasn’t going to work, so then texted to coordinate plans. I had a reservation for Morimoto Asia for 2 people (Zach was joining me), and she had been disappointed they hadn’t been able to get a reservation. So we decided to just go to the hostess desk and ask if mine could get switched to 4.
After arriving in Disney Springs, I finally got to meet Su-Queen in person (Dismeet #5), and she was a hoot from the start! Hilarious to watch the sisters interactions, though I’m sure Su-Lynn got aggravated at times!

Anyways, back to dinner. Thankfully Morimoto was totally cool with switching my reservation to a group of 4 and they were able to seat us quickly. Zach arrived just as we were being shown to our table!
XdsEir8.jpg
axxDwnx.jpg
kWD7Inu.jpg

Menu photos
GD2cV6G.jpg
udmfmgz.jpg
HCKw0k8.jpg

For food, we decided to share some dishes and get some of our own.

Morimoto Spare Ribs (pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze). This was delicious! And flavorful without being spicy (remember, I don’t do well with spice at all)
tt3nDjo.jpg

Morimoto Peking Duck for two (carved house-roasted whole duck, served with steamed flour pancakes, apricot sweet chili, hoisin miso and steamed white rice). This was pretty good. I like thinner rice flour pancakes better than these thicker ones though. We also pressured Zach into trying duck for the first time, as he originally refused due to his love for the Anaheim Ducks hockey team!
6zEHdjV.jpg

I love bao buns, so I got the Kakuni Pork Bao (braised pork belly) and Chicken Bao (teriyaki chicken). These were ok, but not my favorite. The meat felt a bit too greasy to me (and looks like I only took photos of the pork one, but they pretty much looked the same)
oPCAssP.jpg

Zach got the Orange Chicken and I tried a bit. It wasn’t my favorite, more because I wasn’t a big fan of the overt orange taste; he really liked it though. For some reason, I really don’t like citrus in savory foods – it feels more like a desserty flavor to me!
BqOJyY7.jpg

Su-Queen got the Morimoto Chicken Fried Rice. I think she liked it? I didn’t try though.
q2Zwvpt.jpg

Su-Lynn got some sushi, but it took FOREVER for it to come out! Like, literally raw fish was the last thing delivered to our table, about 15 minutes after the previous thing was delivered!

Overall, while I enjoyed the meal (for the company mostly), I wasn’t sold on Morimoto. But I think that’s just me. I don’t regret eating there, I just won’t be putting it on my list of places to revisit! Also, thanks to having the architects pay for my meal the day before, I had plenty of food money budget, so my company paid for our meal again! Woohoo!
UyNAo6W.jpg

Zach and I then said our goodbyes to the sisters, who were headed to shop some more!

We made a stop at Amorettes, where I picked up some treats for my breakfast the next morning! I got the Mickey Mousse and the Bumblebee macaron (honey dulce ganache – basically honey caramel).
LvLaejI.jpg
jTufNuX.jpg

I want to try this cake so much, but can’t justify the cost or size for just me! (Mickey Premium Bar Cake – Chocolate chiffon cake, ice cream mousse, vanilla Chantilly, milk chocolate ganache, dark and white chocolate crisp pearls, with a hard dark chocolate shell)
ziF4GgS.jpg

This one also looked yummy! (Bumblebee – Choice of 1: chocolate chiffon cake, milk chocolate mousse and orange pate de fruit jelly, or lemon chiffon cake, white chocolate mousse and strawberry pate de fruit jelly)
XOsXqvW.jpg

Then a little walk through World of Disney. I liked this shirt design but didn’t end up getting it.
8n7NjEg.jpg

And this one was only made for girls, not adults
v4YPIRt.jpg

I liked the Flower and Garden Dooney design with the butterflies colored like characters. DIdn’t get them though $$$
9gGiCaD.jpg

And I considered finally trying on this dress, but I was so sweaty from the heat and bloated from dinner I decided not to. (I actually did end up buying it at Disneyland a few weeks later)
NSt5FQD.jpg

Didn’t end up with these socks either
AS0YShi.jpg

But I did buy this shirt (which was handy to have when I had to unexpectedly change shirts one day), and two pairs of socks (the posters and a sleeping beauty set – photo from google)
CPNECWR.jpg
prxFAtS.jpg
OfiMyTa.jpg

Then, I hopped onto another boat (and said bye to Zach for a couple days) and back up to Riverside, where I finished packing up everything in preparation for moving resorts the next day and truly starting the EPIC trip!
Ghz0kN1.jpg

Coming up - DHS's 30th anniversary and a water park visit.

I didn't like Morimoto the first time I ate there a few years ago, but tried it again in June and loved it. I can still taste those yummy ribs!!!

The Flower tank is sooooo cute! Great choice!

Love the phone case!

I have a friend that is obsessed with Chris Evans/Captain America. I told her she needs to go to WDW with me so that she can tap that all vacation long. ;)
After arriving in Disney Springs, I finally got to meet Su-Queen in person (Dismeet #5), and she was a hoot from the start! Hilarious to watch the sisters interactions, though I’m sure Su-Lynn got aggravated at times!

How fun! I'm glad that Morimoto was able to accommodate you.

So cute!

If we are ever at WDW at the same time I will split this with you. Sound delicious!

The ribs at Morimoto are so delicious!

The cakes are so cute in Amorettes! We tried the classic Mickey cake and I liked, Andi didn’t care for the texture or the mousse, more for me!!

I love the phone case, I need a new one, May have to pick one up in August!

Soon we meet!

(Oh funny TR story – I’m looking at the photo above and am like, something doesn’t feel right about it…so I decide to rotate 180 degrees. Yup – upside down! Which I guess demonstrates how still the water was that morning)
Wow! I didn't even notice at first.....the water looked just like the sky!
Afterwards, another lyft back to Disneyworld, when I finally went under the arches! (The previous day the lyft had taken the back route by Disney Springs so I hadn’t gone under one yet!) Zach and I hadn’t quite decided if you could really say you were at Disneyworld unless you properly went under one of the arches…
There is something about going under the arches....it just feels more official.
Originally I planned on just getting a pin/ornament (like I do for all resorts I stay at), but I ended up walking out with a pin, ornament, magicband, photo album, and a new phone case (to be fair, all except for the magicband I had already planned on getting at some point in the trip).
Nice shopping haul!
Such a beautiful resort!
At first we yelled back and forth, but realized that wasn’t going to work, so then texted to coordinate plans. I had a reservation for Morimoto Asia for 2 people (Zach was joining me), and she had been disappointed they hadn’t been able to get a reservation. So we decided to just go to the hostess desk and ask if mine could get switched to 4.
So fun!
Overall, while I enjoyed the meal (for the company mostly), I wasn’t sold on Morimoto. But I think that’s just me. I don’t regret eating there, I just won’t be putting it on my list of places to revisit! Also, thanks to having the architects pay for my meal the day before, I had plenty of food money budget, so my company paid for our meal again! Woohoo!
Nice! We are thinking of checking Morimoto out this summer.
I liked the Flower and Garden Dooney design with the butterflies colored like characters. DIdn’t get them though $$$
I am obsessed with D&B's and came home from my March trip with the Flower and Garden tote. I love it!
Then, I hopped onto another boat (and said bye to Zach for a couple days) and back up to Riverside, where I finished packing up everything in preparation for moving resorts the next day and truly starting the EPIC trip!
Lots more fun ahead!

I was going to say that Didn't you already have this... but...
I retired my old Disneyland phone case (which was falling apart) for a new WDW case. I love those otter box cases, as they look nice but also provide a good level of protection (I drop my phone about 10 times per day).
4Gtygm3.jpg
Ahhhh I see.

Turns out Su-Lynn was next to her, but I just didn’t see her at first! So we waved at each other and they got this lovely photo. I tried to take a photo of them, but it didn’t turn out well!
iBwn2Mr.jpg
I love this!

It looks like a painting!

I had discovered the previous day that the Hyatt Regency only has Pepsi :crazy2:, no Coke, so I made sure to bring a bottle with me this time! I don't like coffee so sodas are my main form of caffeine!

Gross! I would be unhappy with that too. I once stayed at the Gaylord Opry in Nashville, and that place is HUGE, and not a single place in it sold Coke products.

This is the most perfect ornament, I need it!

Riverside is so perfect, wow.

This reminds me of jellyfish!

This is adorable! Hope it also tastes good!

a8dAvU9.jpg

What gorgeous pictures. That is definitely some still water. I can see how you had to do a doubletake.

But in the wrap-up cocktail hour I was talking with a couple architects (including 2 who are based in LA and I’ve worked with a bunch) and we ended up getting dinner together at the hotel that night. It was a pretty good meal, but it felt a bit weird to take photos, so I didn’t!
Good call!!!!

mv2snbh.jpg

Unfortunately, it ended up being a misnomer, as basically 2 architects who know nothing about Imagineering just decided to try and relate some general ideas back to their projects, but overall, basic info.
REFUND!!! REFUND!!! REFUND!!!!

For some reason I had a Magic Express tag on my door, even though the next day I was just headed to another resort – that hasn’t happened with a split stay before, but oh well!
7b9xwCi.jpg
Somewhere in POR there is a family that was due to get this and didn't make it home!

Morimoto Spare Ribs (pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze). This was delicious! And flavorful without being spicy (remember, I don’t do well with spice at all)
tt3nDjo.jpg
Oh these are so my favorite. Funny we're actually making ribs for dinner tonight and I just asked the hubby if we could figure out a way to Morimoto them up for me. Sadly I just got a your crazy look.

Su-Lynn got some sushi, but it took FOREVER for it to come out! Like, literally raw fish was the last thing delivered to our table, about 15 minutes after the previous thing was delivered!
That is weird. One thing I didn't like during our trip to Moriomoto is a. how quickly the food came out and b. that it wasn't timed at all. We shared a bunch of dishes and had like 6 on our table all at once.

We love getting an ornament on every trip. I especially love the resort ornaments. We have quite the collection, but I'll never forget the Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge ones we couldn't find on those trips. I'll find them some day!

I loved our stay at French Quarter getting to ride on this river. That's one of the best parts of the Port Orleans Resorts to me. It is such a scenic ride to Disney Springs!

tt3nDjo.jpg

Those look amazing!

Whew, catching up after my own trip and blowin' up your alerts with likes!!

Love seeing all the SWGE stuff ::yes::

This is a great picture, and this dress is one of my favorites

Ahh! I've never seen this particular egg before!

Hyatt Regency only has Pepsi :crazy2:

Yuck! Diet Coke or nothing - no Pepsi allowed in our house, lol

Well that's disappointing

as he originally refused due to his love for the Anaheim Ducks hockey team!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Morimoto is a place I'm always interested in, but never actually book. I'm not a huge fan of Asian flavors, although my family is. I love sushi though, and that would be my main draw. So weird Su-Lynn's sushi took longer than the cooked items

I like seeing the pics of Port Orleans, too. I always think it looks like such a pretty resort. I've never been to any of the Mods, so September will be my first experience with the tower at Coronado Springs.

Looking forward to getting to the epic specific days!

the conference breakfast started at 7am, though the actual sessions didn’t start until 9am.
two hours for breakfast? Long. We usually do 30 minutes to an hour.
Of course, with only a couple hours of sleep and not exactly the most invigorating of conference topics, I nearly fell asleep a few times! Oops.
:rolleyes:
we ended up getting dinner together at the hotel that night. It was a pretty good meal, but it felt a bit weird to take photos, so I didn’t!
I can understand that. I won't take photos with people outside of Disney, for the most part.
Zach and I hadn’t quite decided if you could really say you were at Disneyworld unless you properly went under one of the arches…
Hmmm... Now that is an interesting question!
I just remember the eggs being pretty plasticy the day before)
Yeah... I'm not a fan of the fake-ish eggs at the food courts. I'm a scrambled egg snob.
I'm the same. Coke please! No thanks, coffee.

But I will have a Pepsi from time to time, just to remind myself that I like Coke better.
And another exciting (sarcasm) day of conference.
:laughing:
I love those otter box cases, as they look nice but also provide a good level of protection (I drop my phone about 10 times per day).
Protection. The most important part of a phone case.
At first we yelled back and forth, but realized that wasn’t going to work, so then texted to coordinate plans.
:laughing: I'm picturing this. And the puzzled/annoyed expressions of others.
I finally got to meet Su-Queen in person (Dismeet #5), and she was a hoot from the start!
She's great, isn't she? :goodvibes
Hilarious to watch the sisters interactions, though I’m sure Su-Lynn got aggravated at times!
:laughing:
Morimoto Spare Ribs (pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze). This was delicious!
Heard good things about the spare ribs.
It takes time to cook it prop.... er.. um...
We made a stop at Amorettes, where I picked up some treats for my breakfast the next morning!
Yum!

I wanted to wait to read your SWGE recap for when I had time to devote to the updates. And I'm glad I did because they did not disappoint! I am a casual SW fan, but you sold me on the new land. It looked amazing and truly immersive. I can't wait to try that blue milk one day, and I'm so glad my kids weren't around to see photos of your BB-* headband! They would have loved it!

I was needing a Mickey Waffle!
There's no better way to start the day than with a Mickey waffle.

and not exactly the most invigorating of conference topics, I nearly fell asleep a few times!
Hahaha I've totally been there!

There was one session which I was excited about:
Oh neat!

Ohhhh...not so neat.

POR is such a beautiful resorts. It's so serene and relaxing.

and as we pulled up I saw Su-Lynn’s sister, Su-Queen boarding the boat next to mine! Turns out Su-Lynn was next to her, but I just didn’t see her at first! So we waved at each other and they got this lovely photo. I tried to take a photo of them, but it didn’t turn out well!
Ha that's so fun!

(remember, I don’t do well with spice at all)
You and I are kindred spirits in this. So I appreciate your comments on what is and isn't spicy!

We also pressured Zach into trying duck for the first time, as he originally refused due to his love for the Anaheim Ducks hockey team!
:rotfl2: of course he did hahaha

I had plenty of food money budget, so my company paid for our meal again! Woohoo!
SCORE!

And this one was only made for girls, not adults
Oh man I would totally wear that if they made it for adults!!

Booo for misnomers!!!

Glad your conferences went smoothly!

I love this phone case! Otter box cases are great. A stylish AND practical case for the win!

Morimoto Peking Duck for two (carved house-roasted whole duck, served with steamed flour pancakes, apricot sweet chili, hoisin miso and steamed white rice). This was pretty good. I like thinner rice flour pancakes better than these thicker ones though. We also pressured Zach into trying duck for the first time, as he originally refused due to his love for the Anaheim Ducks hockey team!
I love bao buns, so I got the Kakuni Pork Bao (braised pork belly) and Chicken Bao (teriyaki chicken). These were ok, but not my favorite. The meat felt a bit too greasy to me (and looks like I only took photos of the pork one, but they pretty much looked the same)

Everything looks SO good! I hear mixed reviews on Morimoto in general, "good-but-not-life-changing" seems to be the consensus.

But I did buy this shirt (which was handy to have when I had to unexpectedly change shirts one day), and two pairs of socks (the posters and a sleeping beauty set – photo from google)

Cute shirt and socks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!