Endless Summer Surfside

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I’ve read through the info thread but would just like to get a little additional/recent info.

Does the theme park shuttle get you to the gates in time for Early Entry rope drop? How full are the first buses out in the morning?

Are there better areas to request? I have a standard room booked and would prioritize quiet over convenience.

Is there a microwave in the food court?

Thanks!

One of the mornings, I was first in line at the turnstiles to get into IOA (last week of August), using the hotel shuttle. I would recommend lining up for the bus 30-45 minutes before the bus would be there.

I had a pool view (was cheaper than the standard view) and was on the top floor about half way down. Seemed fine to me.

Don’t know about the microwave.

The 2 room suites have a microwave. I’m not sure if the standard rooms have one but they do have a fridge.
You could always call & ask if there’s a microwave in the food court area or if you can request one for your room.

None of the standard rooms at Universal onsite hotels have microwaves - although you can rent them for $15/day depending upon availability (per their websites, I haven't done this).

I have not stayed at Surfside, but Dockside. The busses were excellent.

I don't think Surfside is as big, but regardless i would request a room as close to the lobby\elevators as possible.

I was so far out at Dockside that once I got back to the room I was not going to walk back to the lobby - it was a hike.
I had no idea it was that big - even the walk to the closest elevator was ridiculous if you are at the end of a wing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter