ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

I took the advice and checked out Endless Summer Resort on Google Earth. it is exactly across the street from a Walgreens, and it has a crosswalk for pedestrians too. Checking their online inventory, you could easily buy groceries there for a week, simple stuff like cereal, milk, juice, lunch meat, and other stuff for sandwiches. With a lot of rooms having a fridge and a microwave, eating a few meals in means more money to spend elsewhere in the parks! I bet sunscreen is cheaper at Walgreens than it is in the parks!
Across the street and to the right is an IHOP. Across the street and to the left is a Subway. There was also a local steakhouse, Asian restaurant, and another ethnic restaurant across the street too. I am heading to endless summer in October!

We will be there in October also. I've looked on google maps and there are plenty of restaurants etc with-in walking distance. I was hoping for a walk-way/gate right on the corner or close enough (across from Walgreens) where the actual entrance to the hotel is, but I watched a video review and it shows a fence all the way around the perimeter, the only way in or out seems to be the entrance/drive way down Universal Blvd. Only a few minutes extra walk but just to be aware. Be nice if they could make a short-cut for us to nip across to Walgreens ;)

Someone please let us know how much stuff can fit into the fridge after you have stayed there. A gallon of milk if you remove shelving? Also there is no freezer right? Best place to get ice? thanks!

The food here looks beyond bad, disgraceful in fact.

How do they think they can get away with stuff stuck under heat lamps, cold and soggy.

Value does not have to mean absolute crap.

Universal (Lowes?) has really dropped a clanger here and need to sort it immediately. I am here at the beginning of August and will not be going anywhere near the food offering. The promos they put out about the food made it look fantastic- misleading.

This guy couldn’t even finish his burger:

The food here looks beyond bad, disgraceful in fact.

How do they think they can get away with stuff stuck under heat lamps, cold and soggy.

Value does not have to mean absolute crap.

Universal (Lowes?) has really dropped a clanger here and need to sort it immediately. I am here at the beginning of August and will not be going anywhere near the food offering. The promos they put out about the food made it look fantastic- misleading.

This guy couldn’t even finish his burger:

I haven’t watched the vlog but doesn’t sound great.

I don’t know anyone who has stayed there, but snippets I’ve seen around aren’t praising the food at all. Not good......Cabana Bay is a value but the food court is always being praised.

You won’t see the Loews brand anywhere here.

Hope you can come back and give us an impression of what the food looks like even if you don’t eat it.......:thumbsup2

Here's another review from someone who stayed. They had breakfast and thought it was really good...

Another one with the hits and misses...

Hopefully they make adjustments like Sapphire Falls did and end up with good food.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like the food isn’t great, but at that price point, it isn’t surprising they would cut a few corners. I plan on eating mostly at city walk anyway so it doesn’t really bother me that much.

Thanks for all these infos... It looks like it's not exactly the experience we were looking for. We decided to switch to Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Yeah, looks like the food isn’t great, but at that price point, it isn’t surprising they would cut a few corners. I plan on eating mostly at city walk anyway so it doesn’t really bother me that much.
That was my feeling. I hope the food improves with guest reviews but I will probably wat almost all my meals in the parks or city walk.

I guess we have to focus on bad food, since the room is like half of a comparable one at Disney? And pretend Disney food court food is fantastic value?

WE have a 2 bedroom suite booked for august. For the price I think it will be great. We usually eat at city walk and international drive so I am not that concerned about the food.

Since a lot of us will be eating off-site and utilizing the I-trolley I would love recommendations for best pizza/burgers/Chinese buffet in the area? I am assuming IHOP is best/closest breakfast place...

Just to let everyone know, you can't pool hop the other Universal hotel pools. This is usually allowed when staying at other Universal properties but not at this resort currently at least.

Thanks for posting this note. We had booked end of August for a week and were told specifically by the agent that we could use other hotel pools. That was exciting news for us because we normally stay on property at Disney where that is not allowed. My Grandsons would have been very disappointed if we had been turned away at the other pools. We are now booked at Cabana Bay where our weekly rate is $150 less than at the "VALUE" resort. Being a skeptic I had to see this restriction somewhere else and I did find it on USF website in small print somewhere.....

Re. pool hopping - If you don't like Universal/Lowe's policy on this, please make sure that you contact the hotel and let them know. I'm hoping that they might change this policy if enough people complain.

It’s only my guess that the pool hopping for the new resort will be lifted in time

When the last resorts opened up, there was a restriction for them on pool hopping there for a specific time period

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!