ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

There were a few walk around vlogs shot by some youtubers back in March, Dockside looked like a winner!

FYI... It looks like Endless Summer Surfside is closing on Monday, January 4th. Kinda makes sense because Dockside is much bigger.

I'm confused because I've had a reservation at this hotel that I made back in November for Jan 10th through the Universal website. I've heard nothing from them other than getting a confirmation email. I'm assuming they'll just move us somewhere else when we get there? I've never stayed on property before.

I'm confused because I've had a reservation at this hotel that I made back in November for Jan 10th through the Universal website. I've heard nothing from them other than getting a confirmation email. I'm assuming they'll just move us somewhere else when we get there? I've never stayed on property before.

They should send you an email with an update.

I`m not sure how long ahead they`ve been sending out emails to folks with bookings, but I would have expected you to have got one by now. January 10th is just around the corner now!

Yes, you`ll definitely be put somewhere else....Dockside is open along with CBay and the three hotels with EP. It might be worth a call or email to ask if you`ve already been allocated to another hotel.....:)

They should send you an email with an update.

I`m not sure how long ahead they`ve been sending out emails to folks with bookings, but I would have expected you to have got one by now. January 10th is just around the corner now!

Yes, you`ll definitely be put somewhere else....Dockside is open along with CBay and the three hotels with EP. It might be worth a call or email to ask if you`ve already been allocated to another hotel.....:)
Ugh! I'm an idiot! I just looked at my confirmation email and it is for Dockside. I didn't realize there was a difference. Thank you for your help!

Ugh! I'm an idiot! I just looked at my confirmation email and it is for Dockside. I didn't realize there was a difference. Thank you for your help!

Oh not a problem.....please come back and let us know how Dockside is as it only reopened today......

Hope you have a great trip there.......:thumbsup2

My son and daughter in law arrived at Dockside on Thursday night, They were kept up all night because they had an adjoining room with loud neighbors. They could hear everything.
Plus the smell of smoke coming under the door was unbearable.
Went to front desk and told management, they were moved to a 3 bedroom suite on Friday. They just called me and said they are leaving and coming home early because they were kept up all night by the neighbors loud movie blaring through the walls.
Apparently the walls are very thin and you can hear people just having normal conversations.
So beware and bring ear plugs.
So disappointed for them. They are over it.

It can happen anywhere and it’s a shame.

I ran into that same problem when I stayed at Disney value resorts many times.

I need some help.

DD's dance team is taking part of a Dance the World event at Disney and they had an amazing deal on Universal 1-day, 2 park tickets (last year's agency discounted prices!), and we got a better rate with the airlines by flying in on a Saturday (2 extra nights). We currently have Pop Century booked with a 25% off PIN for our dates before we move over to POR or another moderate resort with our team for Dance the World. We have not stayed at a value resort at WDW, nor have we ever been to Universal as a family.

Here's my dilemma, we're now looking at Endless Summer Surfside vs. Pop Century.

PROS:
  • We love Starbucks - in the building at Endless Summer
  • Early park access
  • Guaranteed park access (weekend, peak season)
  • Proximity to Universal - could spend arrival night at City Walk or other I-Drive sites easily
  • We would likely need some sort of Express Pass if staying at Pop Century, pushing it above the cost of Endless Summer without Express Passes
  • Across the street from a Walgreens - how easy is it to get there though?
CONS:
  • The room is maybe $50-$60 more a night at Endless Summer, no discounts available due to only needing a 2 night stay
  • Only the one pool (Surfside) and it looks kind of meh compared to the Hippity Dippity/Bowling Pin/Computer pools?
  • Concerns about room noise/thin walls? Is it any worse than Pop (those who have stayed at both)?
  • No luggage transport between our 1st/2nd resorts (minor)
  • Transportation might be a smidge more with this option (Lyft from MCO to Endless Summer vs. Lyft from Pop to USIoA), no last hurrah on Magical Express
Any input or advice is appreciated. TIA.

My son and daughter in law arrived at Dockside on Thursday night, They were kept up all night because they had an adjoining room with loud neighbors. They could hear everything.
Went to front desk and told management, they were moved to a 3 bedroom suite on Friday. They just called me and said they are leaving and coming home early because they were kept up all night by the neighbors loud movie blaring through the walls.
Apparently the walls are very thin and you can hear people just having normal conversations.
Sound mitigation is a big part of hotel design, and not that expensive. Amazing that they messed it up that badly

Sound mitigation is a big part of hotel design, and not that expensive. Amazing that they messed it up that badly

It really is.
Someone from the upper level management called them after the review she left. They were so apologetic and invited them back for a free 2 night stay to make it up to them. But they said it had to be at Dockside and they declined the offer. They said the thought of 2 sleepless nights was just night worth it.

Unfortunately, this can happen at hotels. We stayed at a more upscale hotel in Orlando (Not Universal). And our neightbors decided to have a big fight at 3 IN THE MORNING. Expletives, screaming, slamming doors and yelling their personal business for all the world to hear. My roommate called the front desk to complain. Luckily for us they left the next morning. So sometimes it's not the hotel design

But extremely rude people.

I'm so sorry your son and Daughter in law had such an experience because of such rude people. Have some common courtesy for heaven's sake

It really is very sad to me. We stayed in one of the suites at Surfside in Sep/Oct 2019. The place is gorgeous and we were instantly in love with the place. We had a few great nights early in the week when it was empty, but when we got to the weekend, it was completely unbearable. A group of college kids staying below us arrived late after Halloween Horror Nights and proceeded to have a major party. It was so bad it sounded like they were right outside our door. Even after the party was broken up, we could hear them talking past 3am. I hate to say I hesitate to go back because it really was pure bliss before we got neighbors.

My husband and I are looking into a quick 3-4 night getaway in November. We have stayed at RPR twice now, but with it just being the husband and I, at a more relaxed and less crowded time, we’re looking into other, cheaper options.
We really like walking to the park from RPR and before we started staying onsite we’d walk from the Doubletree... But I feel like we’re spoiled now between the short stroll and the boats!

How is the bus situation at Endless Summer? Are they frequent? Is there often a wait?

My husband and I are looking into a quick 3-4 night getaway in November. We have stayed at RPR twice now, but with it just being the husband and I, at a more relaxed and less crowded time, we’re looking into other, cheaper options.
We really like walking to the park from RPR and before we started staying onsite we’d walk from the Doubletree... But I feel like we’re spoiled now between the short stroll and the boats!

How is the bus situation at Endless Summer? Are they frequent? Is there often a wait?

We’ve only ever read of excellent reports about the bus services from those hotels and Cabana Bay too.

Folks have always commented how they have practically no waits at all, which is wonderful to hear. We drive past them a lot and there are always buses coming and going.

Good to see you, hope you’re doing ok......:wave2:

We’ve only ever read of excellent reports about the bus services from those hotels and Cabana Bay too.

Folks have always commented how they have practically no waits at all, which is wonderful to hear. We drive past them a lot and there are always buses coming and going.

Good to see you, hope you’re doing ok......:wave2:
Doing well! Thank you... Hopefully you’ll be able to travel again soon and give us some more wonderful trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter