• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of June

mtchbx

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Last night while sitting around my wife decided that we should go to Disney this year at the end of June. I have never been at this time and could use some help with what to expect. How are the crowds, weather and which of the moderates would you reccomend for our family of 5 (3 teens) We would like to get adjoining rooms. There seem to be some discounts out there and that will help. We are also thinking about driving from boston. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott

Hi Scott,
If you are trying to avoid taking the kids out of school, I would vote for the end of August before school starts up. From every thing I have read here and other places, June especially the end is extemely HOT and muggy. I am from Maine so I know how us New Englanders can't stand the humidity! lol! The end of August is also value season and there are bound to be extra codes available at that time. (my favorite moderate is POR) You could also look into renting points at a DVC resort(a 2 bedroom) if you think you may need a little extra room. We are saving quite a bit of money by staying at the BWV's on rental points. It is in the Epcot resort area, your teens would really love this area. Everything is close by. Hope this helps........................

Our family of 5 went at the end of June/early July 2 summers ago and we are going back again this year, same time. It was hot but we didn't find it unbearable. We went to the parks early, went back for a swim and returned to the parks after dinner. I was prepared to hot, humid, crowds but I was surprised. And the crowds weren't that bad, although I will say I have never been there any other time. Also, right now if you go on the official DisneyWorld site, they are listing summer specials if you arrive by July 3rd. You have to book by April 15 or 25th, I think. The Port Orleans-Riverside will accommodate your family of 5 and they are included in the special. Hope this helps!

We went two years ago at the end of June. It is hot and humid and it rains every afternoon. That being said, we are going again this year at the same time. It is not unbearable. You have to pace yourself. As another poster said -- get to the parks early, stop for lunch, take a pool/resort break and go to the parks again after dinner. Drink plenty of water.

Our son is 16 and we love the Beach Club/Yacht Club. We stayed at the Beach Club two years ago and are staying at the Yacht Club this year. I think your teens would love this area. Walkable to Epcot and MGM (or take a boat). Across from the Boardwalk (lots of action). The pool at BC/YC is like a waterpark.

Have fun!

We went at the end of June last year (19-26). It POURED every day, almost all day long. I love Disney, but I will NEVER go at that time again! You try to make the best of it, but by the 3rd or 4th day of rain, it really gets tiring. The ponchos, the wet squishy shoes, the umbrellas, UGH!! I'll stick with October from now on and take my kids out of school for the week!

Marcy

We have been in early December 3 times -- once it was absolutely perfect weather, once it was a little on the hot side and this last December it was cool and rainy the whole trip.

We wore winter coats to the Christmas party and it seemed to rain nearly every day including downpours all day on certain days. I heard on the WeatherChannel that Orlando received more rain during our visit then they normally get from November - March every year :mad: You just never know what kind of weather you are going to get. If I hadn't already had good weather the past two times, I would have concluded never to go back in early December.

This June may be normal -- hot, humid and afternoon showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter