encourage us who has love ones in the Military

Kerlynne

DIS Veteran
:o Thinking we can use this right about now, will all the termor in our country, And sadly even on forums when others can be insensitive.
This poem made me tear, as my own hubby in over at the sand box right now.
~Kerri puckerup:
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I am a small and precious child,
my daddy's been to fight.
The only place I'll see his face
is in my dreams at night.

He will be gone too many days
for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud;
my daddy's got your back . . . . .

I am a caring mother.
My son has gone to war . . . . .
My mind is filled with worries
That I have never known before.

Everyday I try to keep
my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud;
My son has got your back . . . . .

I am a strong and loving wife,
with a husband soon to go.
There are times I'm terrified
in a way most never know.

I bite my lip and force a smile
as I watch my husband pack.
My heart may break, but I am proud;
My husband's got your back.

I am a soldier . . . . .
Serving proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine
by answering this call.

I do my job while knowing;
the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home;
It's me who's got your back.
Author Unknown

Hi Kerlynne,

I'm sorry about your husband being in the sand box. I just went through my first deployment when mine deployed there Feb '03 almost 2 months after being married. If you want to chat about it just say hi or whatever you are more than welcome to. I have great ideas for goody boxes and monthly parties for wives and children while the guys are gone. If you need help or ideas just let me know. Mine will go back at the end of the year for another tour when OIF 3 goes into affect. Good luck

Bless you,
Tina

Agreed! Its been a tough month, and only looks like its going to get tougher. Watching your dh with full battle gear on while he is IM'ing you because they just had a serious of motar attacks, is not very calming.

Hugs to all who have family over there.

Kerri,

Thank you for posting the poem. We all need a little encouragement. My husband is also in the "sandbox". But is scheduled to come back the middle of next month. He has been gone over a year. We have had several return dates but they have all been extended. I hope your hubby will be back soon.

Cheryl

I haven't walked in any of your shoes. Many members of my family have served in the military but right now we don't have any enlisted. I just wanted you all to know that I think about you and your loved ones every day. I can't imagine how hard it is to go on with your everyday lives while your loved one is overseas. It takes a special person to be a military spouse and family. I just wanted you to know that I have a lot of respect for all of you. I'm sure there are times when you feel like you have been forgotten, you have not been forgotten. Good luck to all of you.

I think all our soldiers need some extra prayers in the next days to come...

I'm a nervous wreck

I agree, Auggietina.

I just spoke with my husband who is now in Turkey. Thought it would be "better" there, now he's confined to quarters as they are bombing in protest of NATO outside the hotel.

I pray for safety for all our troops...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter