"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

DisneyKid4Life

DIS Veteran

holly1.gif
ETwR.jpg
holly2.gif

A :cake: BIRTHDAY/CHRISTMAS :santa: DISER CELEBRATION!

“It's the time of your life… You don't wanna miss out… On right here and now!
There's so many reasons why…You don't wanna stop… Here's your chance, live it up!

AND EVERYTHING YOU DO… CELEBRATE YOU!!!”

Hello Friends!!! :wave2:

It is my honour and privilege to :welcome: you to my 3rd (in that order) Trip Report on DISboards.

Many of you will recognize the above lyrics as the ending to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It (which I am obsessed with) and it describes this trip perfectly.

This trip was all about celebrating the little moments, the here and now… and also Birthdays, Christmas, and Amazing New Friends.

It is also one of the few up tempo songs that actually makes me smile and cry at the same time.

I am the Rob referenced in the Trip Report title and I would be beyond delighted to have you join me for some Enchanted Tales,
As I recount what was possibly my favourite and most emotional Disney Trip EVER.

01.jpg

Walt Disney World has been a part of my life since I was 2 years old, and has been a destination for me my entire life.

Back in April of this year, I went to Disney for my very first SOLO adventure, which was also my very first time staying on Disney property.
It was a wonderful and magical experience and was chronicled in my last Trip Report,

“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip

It was during that trip that I became the proud owner of a genuine Walt Disney World ANNUAL PASS!!!

Well, what does one do when in possession of such an amazing treasure?
You go back at the very first opportunity… obviously!!

One thing HIGH on my Disney Bucket List was to wake up on my actual birthday in Walt Disney World.
Not just to celebrate a birthday trip… oh nay nay… but to actually be there on my Birthday.

… And to carry it right on through to departure day… Just one big looooooong glorious day.

02.jpg

My first full day of this trip would indeed be my birthday, December 4, which ironically is the same date as my birthday last year.

Disney Magic!!!

However, not only would I celebrate MY birthday, but there was another very special birthday occurring just one day after mine.

03.jpg

Oh, and one more little thing.

It was also Christmas season in Walt Disney World which gives us THIS spectacular sight, among many others.

04.jpg

The dates for this particular journey ran from December 3 until December 12 and my home base was once again POP Century Resort and Spa.

The Spa part comes from the rubbing and soaking of my own feet due to the HUGE amount of walking, and yes, celebrating, done each day.
But it still counts and it was done at POP, so that makes it a Resort… and SPA!

While this was technically a solo trip, in reality it really wasn’t.

When I joined the DISboards back in March of 2013, I simply “hoped” that I would “meet” some people who shared a love (or obsession) with Disney.
What I got was far and away better than anything I could even dream.

I got actual and very real, beautiful friendships. And Disney people make the absolute best friends.

It was because of these friendships developed and cultivated right here on DISboards, that I was blessed with meeting and spending time with some amazing people.

So I’ll call this a solo trip shared with many other people.
And believe me when I tell you, it was the time spent with them that truly defined this trip for me and made it possibly my favorite ever...

... And BY FAR the hardest one to have come to an end.

I met quite a few DISers for the first time on this trip, some planned, some surprises, but the majority of my non solo time was spent with either,

Brenda (emmysmommy) and Emily (JustEmmy), who will show up early and throughout, so I’ll have SO MUCH MORE to add very soon, believe THAT.

05.jpg

Suffice it to say for now that they are even more amazing and wonderful than I even imagined.

I also met a number of other Dining DISers through them who were oh so wonderful as well;

And also Carrie (cheekypoppins) and her daughter Riley.

06.jpg

Because they didn’t arrive until Day 7, I’ll just add now that Carrie is as Disney obsessed as I am, so much fun, and someone I now consider a lifelong friend.

And Riley, well, I think this wise philosopher says it best...

pooh.jpg

I will have loads of wonderful stories to share about them when the time comes, believe me.

And oh yes, there were many other exciting DISmeets as well, but I’ll leave those as a surprise for now. ;)

All of these moments shared will forever be some of the best memories I will ever have in Disney World… or anywhere else for that matter.

Some quick highlights from this trip will include,

star.gif

* Multiple DISmeets, *
* My Disney Birthday, *
* An Illuminations Cruise, *
* Two Christmas Parties… TWO!!!!, *
* A day trip to a SeaWorld Christmas Celebration, *
* A bit of the Disney Parks Christmas Parade performers taping, *
* A performance by a long running group that brought me to tears, *
* MANY Cast Member encounters, photos, and hair curling stories, *

AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!

All this for the bargain price of $0.

So please pull up a chair in front of the fireplace, grab a cup of your favorite cocoa...
Add in whatever it is you like to add to your favourite cup of cocoa... I won't judge...

And join me for some Enchanted Tales of a Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration!!!

“COME ON MAKE THE PARTY LAST... FOREVER... AND EVER
HAVE THE BEST TIME YOU'VE EVER HAD... LET GO BREAK FREE!”

holly3.gif

mm.gif
DIS-LINKS:

THINK OF ALL THE JOY YOU'LL FIND, WHEN YOU LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND, AND BID YOUR CARES GOODBYE...
Day 1 - December 3, 2013 Part 1
Day 1 - December 3, 2013 Part 2

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO WISH UPON A STAR
Day 2 - December 4, 2013 Part 1
Day 2 - December 4, 2013 Part 2
Day 2 - December 4, 2013 Part 3
Day 2 - December 4, 2013 Part 4
Day 2 - December 4, 2013 Part 5

ALL OUR DREAMS CAN COME TRUE IF WE HAVE THE COURAGE TO PURSUE THEM
Day 3 - December 5, 2013 Part 1
Day 3 - December 5, 2013 Part 2
Day 3 - December 5, 2013 Part 3
Day 3 - December 5, 2013 Part 4
Day 3 - December 5, 2013 Part 5

CHARACTER MEETS AND HOLIDAY TREATS, THAT'S WHAT MVMCP IS MADE OF
Day 4 - December 6, 2013 Part 1
Day 4 - December 6, 2013 Part 2
Day 4 - December 6, 2013 Part 3
Day 4 - December 6, 2013 Part 4
Day 4 - December 6, 2013 Part 5

HAVIN' A WILD (CHRISTMAS) TIME; BY LAND AND BY... LAGOON?
Day 5 - December 7, 2013 Part 1
Day 5 - December 7, 2013 Part 2
Day 5 - December 7, 2013 Part 3
Day 5 - December 7, 2013 Part 4
Day 5 - December 7, 2013 Part 5

A SPECTACULAR CHRISTMAS WITH MY DISNEY MISTRESS
Day 6 - December 8, 2013 Part 1
Day 6 - December 8, 2013 Part 2
Day 6 - December 8, 2013 Part 3
Day 6 - December 8, 2013 Part 4
Day 6 - December 8, 2013 Part 5

JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT SEE IT, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Day 7 - December 9, 2013 Part 1
Day 7 - December 9, 2013 Part 2
Day 7 - December 9, 2013 Part 3
Day 7 - December 9, 2013 Part 4
Day 7 - December 9, 2013 Part 5

IT'S THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON, YOU CAN FEEL IT IN THE AIR
Day 8 - December 10, 2013 Part 1
A Pre-Trip Report... Of A Slightly Different Sort
Day 8 - December 10, 2013 Part 2
Day 8 - December 10, 2013 Part 3
Day 8 - December 10, 2013 Part 4
Day 8 - December 10, 2013 Part 5

SOME PEOPLE ARE WORTH MELTING FOR
Day 9 - December 11, 2013 Part 1
Day 9 - December 11, 2013 Part 2
Day 9 - December 11, 2013 Part 3
Day 9 - December 11, 2013 Part 4
Day 9 - December 11, 2013 Part 5

DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER, SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED - A Very Merry Intermission
July 18, 2014 Part 1
July 18, 2014 Part 2
July 18, 2014 Part 3
July 18, 2014 Part 4
July 19, 2014 Part 1
July 19, 2014 Part 2
July 19, 2014 Part 3
July 20, 2014 Part 1
July 20, 2014 Part 2
July 20, 2014 Part 3
July 21, 2014 Part 1
July 21, 2014 Part 2
July 21, 2014 Part 3

ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD
Day 10 - December 12, 2013 and FINAL THOUGHTS

HERE!! I am so so excited for this one! I can tell it's going to be amazing, especially since one of my favorite Disney experiences is referenced in the title (gotta love anything Belle). I can't wait to read all about this trip!

I am so excited to see another TR from you!! It sounds like you had an incredible time. I'm loving the title of your TR! And I'm jealous of all the DIS people you got to meet. It truly is a place where you can make lifelong friends. I know many people that are now very close that I originally met on the DIS, so it's amazing for that.

Oh, and I just have to laugh at the POP resort and SPA! Yes, Caribbean Beach also turned into a "spa" for me on my last trip, due to the insane amounts of walking we did. I was soooo sore that there was a lot of foot soaking going on!

Here and subscribed! Can't wait to read about your amazing trip!! :D

Joining in! You were at the world the same time I was, did you attend the Christmas Party on the 10th?

Joining in and can't wait to hear all about it!

What a great way to celebrate a birthday! And I'm very jealous of all your DIS meets.:goodvibes

GREAT INTRO!!!

Love the title!

Love the graphics!

Love the meets!

Awesome Pictures!

Cool word-tree :goodvibes

When I joined the DISboards back in March of 2013, I simply “hoped” that I would “meet” some people who shared a love (or obsession) with Disney.
What I got was far and away better than anything I could even dream.

I got actual and very real, beautiful friendships. And Disney people make the absolute best friends.

This is sooooo true!

Can't wait to read all about it!

LOL. Funny how birthdays always fall on the same day.
Oh I met Brenda and Emmy too.
Look forward to hearing about the trip.

Yay! I was hoping you would start the TR soon!! I hope you have an amazing Holiday...and find plenty of time to write some updates!

I'm joining in too, Rob!

I loved your last TR, so I'll be here for this one too (probably mostly lurking! :D )

Okay I'm here EARLY this time and ready for the ride! popcorn:: Thanks for the early Christmas gift Rob! :santa: Can't wait to read your adventures!

Obviously Im in!!! I cant wait to read all about the amazing adventures you had!!

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! :dance3:

I've been waiting for your TR :worship:

Got my coffee and ready for more... let the TR commence :surfweb:popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!