EMM Question

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
Has Disney World ever changed the hours for park opening to earlier (8 am vs 9 am) on an EMM day? I bought tickets to EMM, but since I just learned that I have the pleasure of being there for Jersey Week, I was looking at the historical hours. It shows MK opening at 8 am on weekends. Would they do this to people who are paying for EMM?

Has Disney World ever changed the hours for park opening to earlier (8 am vs 9 am) on an EMM day? I bought tickets to EMM, but since I just learned that I have the pleasure of being there for Jersey Week, I was looking at the historical hours. It shows MK opening at 8 am on weekends. Would they do this to people who are paying for EMM?

There is no history of Disney making available an event like EMM and then cancelling. I guess anything is possible if Disney were to deem it sufficiently worth cancelling in favor of opening the park early, but it hasn't happened in the past.

Thank you! We had no idea it was Jersey Week until a couple of days ago. We figured the reason it was so crowded was because it was a marathon weekend, but we're not too worried about getting by with the crowds. Though we have an MK day (EMM) and an AK day planned for the Jersey week. Makes sense as to why we are having so much trouble getting ADRs, lol. I also tried to change my reservation and there was no availability so now I know why. I always thought Jersey week was in October.

Thank you! We had no idea it was Jersey Week until a couple of days ago. We figured the reason it was so crowded was because it was a marathon weekend, but we're not too worried about getting by with the crowds. Though we have an MK day (EMM) and an AK day planned for the Jersey week. Makes sense as to why we are having so much trouble getting ADRs, lol. I also tried to change my reservation and there was no availability so now I know why. I always thought Jersey week was in October.

Mind if I ask if your MK/EMM date is 11/4?

There is no history of Disney making available an event like EMM and then cancelling. I guess anything is possible if Disney were to deem it sufficiently worth cancelling in favor of opening the park early, but it hasn't happened in the past.
Yes, our EMM is for Sunday the 4th, which, according to what I've read, is the beginning of Jersey week. We actually only have 2 days that are that particular week. I just didn't want to pay all that money only to have the park open at 8 am. I didn't think they would do that, but you never know with Disney.

Yes, our EMM is for Sunday the 4th, which, according to what I've read, is the beginning of Jersey week. We actually only have 2 days that are that particular week. I just didn't want to pay all that money only to have the park open at 8 am. I didn't think they would do that, but you never know with Disney.

I was actually pretty surprised to see EMM on that particular date when it came out as that's the morning of the Wine & Dine Half.

You may know this, but I'd keep a head's up for the course route and travel conditions that morning. Depending on the route (which I think will be announced a bit before the event), it has the potential to make getting around WDW a bit more time consuming if it's anywhere between you and where you are trying to go. For example, I had a heck of a time getting from BWI to MK rope drop the Sunday of the Princess Half this past Feb (that race used World Drive for a chunk of the route so conditions getting towards the MK were more challenging). I left way early and still barely made it.

I was actually pretty surprised to see EMM on that particular date when it came out as that's the morning of the Wine & Dine Half.

You may know this, but I'd keep a head's up for the course route and travel conditions that morning. Depending on the route (which I think will be announced a bit before the event), it has the potential to make getting around WDW a bit more time consuming if it's anywhere between you and where you are trying to go. For example, I had a heck of a time getting from BWI to MK rope drop the Sunday of the Princess Half this past Feb (that race used World Drive for a chunk of the route so conditions getting towards the MK were more challenging). I left way early and still barely made it.
Do you think automobile, Uber or bus would be the best choice. We are staying at AoA. I tried to change it, but there was no availability anywhere. I did look at the map, and it showed the route from the parking lot to Epcot so I thought we might miss most of it?

Do you think automobile, Uber or bus would be the best choice. We are staying at AoA. I tried to change it, but there was no availability anywhere. I did look at the map, and it showed the route from the parking lot to Epcot so I thought we might miss most of it?
Take the bus

Don’t count on Uber/Lift. When we were there in April during the Darkside 1/2 Marathon we almost missed an early reservation at Ohana’s on race day. Our Lift drive told us that right before he picked us up they told all drivers to cancel their rides near the park because it was too difficult getting around the race traffic. He decided to to honor our ride because it was last minute and we didn’t need to go anywhere near the race.

What time do the buses start running?
Better yet what time does the race start?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter