EMM plan

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
for those who have done EMM would you share what touring plan you did in the AM. when did you eat, where did you go at 9:00, etc. first time doing and would like to see what others have experienced. TIA

We just did it this past Sunday. At 9 we went right to Space Mountain then Buzz Lightyear- both minimal waits. We went to eat after. We had Thunder Mountain fp scheduled for 10:45 and Splash for 11:45 so we did more of Fantasyland after breakfast (Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, Dumbo) and then headed to our fast passes at 11:30.

We have done EMM twice now. Both times we had actually enough of the rides by about 8:30 so we ate about that time. I don't remember what order we did these rides but at rope drop we did Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Buzz. Then we headed back to Fantasyland and did the rest of the rides there. I'm pretty sure we had FPs for BTMMR and Splash mountain but I don't remember what our third FP was for. We had literally done every single thing we wanted to do (besides our FPs rides) by around 11:00 -11:30. I scheduled our first FP for around noon I think. Both times we have done EMM we ended up leaving MK MUCH earlier than we had planned because we were done with everything - that includes taking time to look through shops. We rested back at our resort for a bit then had dinner and came back to our resort for a relaxing evening.

Last August
We did Peter Pan twice, Pooh once and 7DMT just so many times -- 7 maybe
We ate at 840. At 855, we got in line for Rapunzel & Tiana, went immediately into the Cinderella & Elena line, and were finished at 920. Then to Space Mountain.

I'm sorry, were you wanting a plan for EMM or for where to go after RD. (I answered about RD above).

If you are wanting suggestions for EMM you don't need to have any kind of plan. With only 200 people allowed in for EMM you can literally walk onto any of the available rides whenever you want with absolutely no wait. We rode 7DMT probably 6 times in a row. We actually got tired of it.

I prefer booking it to Frontierland and doing BTMR at least once (more than once if crowds are low enough), backtracking to HM, then back to breakfast around 9:45ish. One time we did BTMR, Splash, and HM. That sort of worked, but we were walking into breakfast 9:50+ (and were wet!).

Some folks will pop in to grab a bite to eat sometime pre-9AM - then just go rope drop hard.

We have done EMM several times and now have the plan we think is the best. Start with Peter Pan, move to Seven Dwarfs and ride it about 12 times. Approximately 5 minutes to nine start moving toward Frontierland, ride Big Thunder and Splash Mountain until queues form, do Haunted Mansion or Pirates, move on to our FP+ rides (always at 10, 11 and 12), visit some less popular attractions in between, go for lunch (always pre-booked), ride something immediately after lunch (depending on FP+ availability), go back to our hotel for a nap. And you can do something in the evening as well of course. This is just brilliant. I doubt you can do it when the crowds are at the highest but otherwise it works perfectly. And we never have our EMM breakfast. We tried it once and did not really like it. But even if we did - we prefer to have a quick snack at our hotel in the morning and have another 30-40 minutes of rides without queues.

We have done EMM twice now. Both times we had actually enough of the rides by about 8:30 so we ate about that time. I don't remember what order we did these rides but at rope drop we did Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Buzz. Then we headed back to Fantasyland and did the rest of the rides there. I'm pretty sure we had FPs for BTMMR and Splash mountain but I don't remember what our third FP was for. We had literally done every single thing we wanted to do (besides our FPs rides) by around 11:00 -11:30. I scheduled our first FP for around noon

I've always eaten around 9:40 but think I might try this!

We have the EMM for our first trip in June. I get so many tips I’m running my self ragged trying to sort out the FP’s. We have two boys and a 3yo girl. Since we’ll have most of long wait fantasyland rides knocked out, my thought was to use a FP for splash mountain a little after nine after walking onto big thunder. Hopefully scoring rider swap passes for my wife who will be meeting the princesses at that time. Then after getting those two done coming back for breakfast and heading through the rest of fantasyland with a FP for Barnstomer with another ride swap. Then off to the train and to Main Street for mickey and then Tomorrowland for Buzz etc. As the day goes, heading back to frontierland to use the rider swap passes. We only have one day at MK on our three day trip so we’ll be finishing up with Garden Dessert Party.
The plan is to have our FP used up by 12:30 in order to pick up new ones along the way. Does this seem workable or am I going about it all wrong?

We have the EMM for our first trip in June. I get so many tips I’m running my self ragged trying to sort out the FP’s. We have two boys and a 3yo girl. Since we’ll have most of long wait fantasyland rides knocked out, my thought was to use a FP for splash mountain a little after nine after walking onto big thunder. Hopefully scoring rider swap passes for my wife who will be meeting the princesses at that time. Then after getting those two done coming back for breakfast and heading through the rest of fantasyland with a FP for Barnstomer with another ride swap. Then off to the train and to Main Street for mickey and then Tomorrowland for Buzz etc. As the day goes, heading back to frontierland to use the rider swap passes. We only have one day at MK on our three day trip so we’ll be finishing up with Garden Dessert Party.
The plan is to have our FP used up by 12:30 in order to pick up new ones along the way. Does this seem workable or am I going about it all wrong?

One problem that I see is you usually have to show the rider who is too short to ride to get the swap passes.

I prefer booking it to Frontierland and doing BTMR at least once (more than once if crowds are low enough), backtracking to HM, then back to breakfast around 9:45ish. One time we did BTMR, Splash, and HM. That sort of worked, but we were walking into breakfast 9:50+ (and were wet!).
This right here is my hope! Luckily, my kids are at a good age to hoof it, fast! We'll see if we achieve the trifecta...

We've done EMM a few times and each time we head straight to 7DMT (with the exception of one EMM when it was not running at the start) and ride it about 10 times (takes about 40 minutes) and then Pooh and Pan once each and then we eat because at that point we're usually really hungry and it's approaching 9:00am). My plan for this year is to try and delay eating a bit and hit up an attraction or two at RD and then plan for breakfast around 9:30ish. I have read many reports of there being no issue with showing up for breakfast a few minutes before 10:00 and still have the full selection and not being rushed, so I do think that combining the EMM attractions with a couple of headliners at RD is the best bang for your buck.

We did the rides until about 8:30, popped into the buffet to grab a snack, then rode some more. We headed over to Haunted Mansion right at 9 to ride it, then went over and had breakfast, then headed to Tomorrowland to start our day.

Not EMM and desert party but EMM and MNSSHP. On the same day. With 1-2 hours nap around 1-2pm it works really well. We have done it with 8 and 9 year olds. About 40 rides in one day. The only danger - you can really spoil your kids (and yourself).

Has anyone done an emm and dessert party the same day?

My adult daughter and I did last September. We also had a Be Our Guest lunch in there. We really didn't need the lunch but once I decided to add EMM in, I couldn't find a different day for BOG.

Using the touring plans widget. I’ve mapped out our plans into one for my wife and daughter and one for me and my two sons. Against most advice I’ve gotten, I think we’ll actually eat our breakfast around 8:45 so my wife can be ready for Cinderella, then Ariel followed by a FP for Belle while I’m running from HM to Buzz, then two laps at speedway for each boy before we sync back up for little mermaid. I have two concerns; what kind of ordeal is it to get a stroller for EMM timewise? and how bad is the run from HM to Buzz?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter