EMH at the MK

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by buzzgirls&dad, Oct 12, 2018.

1. buzzgirls&dad

buzzgirls&dad DIS Veteran

We are heading back the WDW next week and I'm interested in your thoughts on how best to get to MK for EMH under the following conditions. 1. We will be driving and parking at TTC. That's it.

We have had great experiences before the check point was added out by the TTC. Basically, the monorail was always "not working" so it was boat or bus. We walked to a bus and many times were the only ones on it. Fast forward to last year. We were at the security line about 45 min before EMH and were told to make a line and seperate our party giving all bags to one person and others to go thru no bag line, ok??? Security did not open until 8. In the mean time, other guests came and filled in the open area and did not separate their party so there was a huge cluster of people waiting for the their party, no buses, no monorail and the ferry had not left the MK dock. We were so late and disappointed that we missed so much time while the park was relatively quiet. I'm looking to avoid this situation this year thoughts?

TIA

2. buzzgirls&dad

My post got buried pretty quickly so I'm giving it a bump as I'm still looking for some help. TIA

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

If you drive to MK for AM EMH, you can expect "delays."
    That's it.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I know you’re asking about driving, but is taking a bus an option at all?

I have not been to/through the TTC during an EMH morning lately so hesitate to comment on exactly how things go these days.

6. buzzgirls&dad

My DH is in a car for work on a daily basis so he really likes the freedom of having a car. So yes, using a car is a priority.

7. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Under that situation (as you found last year,) don't plan on getting to AM EMH at MK on time if you park at TTC.
    Disney designed standard procedure for MK AM EMH is to HOLD guests at TTC until much closer to MK "regular hours" opening time.
    That's because most guests who drive are not WDW resort guests, and the TTC area is used to keep non-WDW resort guests away from filling the MK gates area before they should enter the MK park.

You can TRY to pay to valet park at the Contemporary Resort that morning and walk to MK,
    but there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to do so on that morning.

Surest way to get to MK AM EMH is by Disney bus from your WDW resort.

cassie58 likes this.