Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) Support

I only have a problem with contagious puke too....because that's how bad *I* hate to throw up. I mean, I don't like it for my kids, but I'm terrified when it might happen to me. I worked in the hospital for years....pregnant women puke all the time in transition. Or people waking up from anesthesia. Never bothered me. It's only if I might catch it.

I, too, worry a (little) less about others v* when it's not contagious.

Speaking of v*, I was at Epcot a few nights ago, about to head to a viewing area for IllumiNations, when I saw CMs around an area, and they were shining a flashlight over it. As we were walking by, I realized it was Voban (the stuff they put over protein spills). I got slightly freaked and kept thinking, what if I had stepped in it? Thankfully those worries didn't last long.

As for the anxiety, I am not sure how to settle it, as I have issues with anxiety, too. :/ I would just be very careful about not touching my face, wiping things down with disinfectant wipes, and doing things to distract myself. Maybe try some deep breathing? I hope everyone feels better soon!

Just felt like I needed to post here to calm my nerves. DH is out of town this week and he is usually the v handler.

DD got sick in her bed Christmas Eve and I was able to clean the mess but he had to take care of her as I can not handle watching someone be sick. Thankfully it was just the one time!

Just signed on the school website and they put up a norovirus warning saying that it is spreading fast there. Now I am freaking out that DD will get sick and share it with her brother and I while DH is gone.

DH told me to keep her home for the rest of the week in hopes it passes her by but I am trying to not give in to my fears all the time. Although I am definitely hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Thanks for listening I needed to get it out and everyone thinks I am crazy for even giving it a second thought.

For as long as i can remember ive been scared to throw up. Im 22 and i feel like the biggest idiot in the world. Like who is scared of a NORMAL body function? Thats like being scared to breath! I have a 3 year old son and hes thrown up 4 times (not spit up which im fine with) in his life. I feel like such a horrible mom because i constantly ask him if his stomach hurts or if he feels like he has to throw up. He gets really annoyed with this and screams NO MOMMY! and if he does happen to throw up i freak OUT i cant go near him. I feel like such a horrible mom because i cant take care of my sick 3 year old. Ive tried being hypnotized and ive been on medicine (zoloft) which helped me alot but i didnt like the way it made me feel if i forgot to take it and i had to wein myself off. Currently i take Colonzapam? (idk if thats how you spell it) but i think im pregnant again and i dont want to take it in fear of it harming my unborn child. So now since i think im pregnant im paralyzed with fear that im going to get morning sickness which i think is making things way worse by thinking about it so much but i cant seem to get if off my mind. i never once got even nauseated with my first pregnancy and i really didnt worry about it that much and i was fine. Even more weird if i do happen to get a stomach bug or throw up ill be terrified the first time i throw up and if i throw up again ill be fine and then ill get over the bug and a few days later BAMM im scared again! Does anyone on here know something i can do to help me get over this fear maybe like breathing techniques or something so i can try and get through this with out going into cardiac arrest?

I only have a problem with contagious puke too....because that's how bad *I* hate to throw up. I mean, I don't like it for my kids, but I'm terrified when it might happen to me. I worked in the hospital for years....pregnant women puke all the time in transition. Or people waking up from anesthesia. Never bothered me. It's only if I might catch it.

This is completely me too!!!

Resurrecting this thread, as having 2 kids in daycare has brought back my emetophobia. This time I’m paranoid they are going to get the stomach flu. They both had it in September, and it is going around the daycare again. My daughter was potentially exposed on Thursday and Friday. I’ve been watching her like a hawk since then. The only signs she had was stomach pains in Thursday, but I’m on edge never the less. Trying not to let the kids or hubby know how afraid I am.

Our school has whooping cough going around. I heard the school is not allowed to use bleach or lysol to clean which freaks me out! If you get whooping cough you cough so much you vomit and now I am so paranoid my kids will get it and pass it to me too. Hate living in fear.

Our school has whooping cough going around. I heard the school is not allowed to use bleach or lysol to clean which freaks me out! If you get whooping cough you cough so much you vomit and now I am so paranoid my kids will get it and pass it to me too. Hate living in fear.
Sending good thoughts that they don’t catch it!

Resurrecting this thread, as having 2 kids in daycare has brought back my emetophobia. This time I’m paranoid they are going to get the stomach flu. They both had it in September, and it is going around the daycare again. My daughter was potentially exposed on Thursday and Friday. I’ve been watching her like a hawk since then. The only signs she had was stomach pains in Thursday, but I’m on edge never the less. Trying not to let the kids or hubby know how afraid I am.

I know how you feel. The first time I put my son in daycare, he was almost 1 and he caught a nasty stomach bug that got me, my boyfriend, and my mom all sick. Then he got it again that October and we were literally having stomach troubles all that month between the three of us. Then it happened again in March and July of this year. I took him out of daycare for the winter cause I'm tired of nasty little kids getting my son sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!