• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

emergency appendectomy 10 pm

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
I picked up my dear friend Brenda at the airport Tuesday afternoon. We had a fabulous dinner at Boma's that night and I woke up in pain the next morning. Went to the walk in care place that POR recommended who then sent me to the emergency room at Sand Lake Hospital. Lots of waiting and tests but they did the appendectomy that night.

I am still resting and feel pretty good considering that it was not a laproscopic removal. I am a regular reader of the DisAbilities board. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but have not needed an ECV yet. I think it would be a good idea for most people to check in here on a regular basis. If more people did I think people would be more condiderate of those who need special assistance.

I have picked up a lot of information here that has helped me. I am going to try to go to the Candlelight processional tonight. I did not go to MVMCP last night. Because I've been reading this board I do not feel like my trip was ruined - just modified.

Originally posted by arminnie
I picked up my dear friend Brenda at the airport Tuesday afternoon. We had a fabulous dinner at Boma's that night and I woke up in pain the next morning. Went to the walk in care place that POR recommended who then sent me to the emergency room at Sand Lake Hospital. Lots of waiting and tests but they did the appendectomy that night.

I am still resting and feel pretty good considering that it was not a laproscopic removal. I am a regular reader of the DisAbilities board. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but have not needed an ECV yet. I think it would be a good idea for most people to check in here on a regular basis. If more people did I think people would be more condiderate of those who need special assistance.

I have picked up a lot of information here that has helped me. I am going to try to go to the Candlelight processional tonight. I did not go to MVMCP last night. Because I've been reading this board I do not feel like my trip was ruined - just modified.

I am so sorry to hear you were so sick on your trip. I also went on a trip recently that had to be "modified" due to major illnesses. So I understand where you are coming from. I am an optimist and always try to find the good, but I was still disappointed regardless. Hang in there and good wishes on your recovery!
Aimee

Glad to hear you're feeling well, all things considered. All trips to WDW are memorable, but yours will be impossible to forget! Keep smiling--the magic comes from within. Sending you lots of good wishes....
dj

You are doing great! I had my appendix out laparoscopically 3 years ago, and you are doing way better than I did, and I was home, in bed, with pain-killers.
You may find some of your chronic fatigue symptoms are lessened now, too. My Dr. told me that you can have a low-grade chronic infection of the appendix for years and not know- that is what I had. Not that CFS is caused by this, but a low-grade infection stresses your body and immune system.

Thanks for all of the good wishes. I am doing so well. I went to the Candlelight processional at Epcot last night. We told the parking people that I'd just had surgery so we got to park pretty close up and at the end of a row.

They had me walking in the hospital and said it was good so we walked - slowly - over to Rose and Crown Pub about 4 pm. We ate slowly. I only ate a little bit as I'd not been eating. Walked (again slowly) over the the American Pavillion for CP. I was able to sit while waiting and we got to go inside pretty soon. I got pretty tired during the performance but was ok to walk back to the exit.

Today I am doing nothing at all but I am so glad that I went last night. It was very beautiful and inspirational.

I am so thankful for having a good friend with me to help when I was sick, the wonderful staff at Sand Lake Hospital and my speedy recovery. I am trying to focus on the positive not what I am missing. There's always next year!

I hadn't thought about this affecting my chronic fatigue but that would be a great bonus if it has been my appendix that has been dragging me down these past 5 years.

Great attitude!

Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!

Sorry to be so late with my pixie dust, but glad to hear you are on the mend.
Wow! Hope things continue to go smoothly in your recovery.

Best of luck in your recovery! I hope you keep us posted in how your health changes for the better.

I am wondering though, did you have any symptoms of any kind before this? I am just wondering because about the chronic fatigue, I have that also or something - no actual diagnosis and not a good doctor and I have been sick with occasional stomach aches and headaches for 6 weeks now and unable to work which doesn't help with Christmas and both of my daughter's birthdays coming right up. I can't find any good doctors and they can't find anything wrong with me. I am wondering if my appendix is slowly going. They did suggest smoldering appendix. I hope if I get mine out I'll feel better too.

Please enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe trip home!

No I really did not have any symptoms leading up to the appendicitis. In fact I was having one of my better spells. With Chronic Fatigue Syndrom there can be waves of debillitating fatigue followed by almost normal spells (if you are lucky). I had a terrible September, October and most of November but was feeling perkier in early December just before this hit.

CFS is a very hard disease to diagnose. It took 5-10 years in my case and I had multiple surgeries including for sleep apnea. GERD, sinus, gallbladder. With every surgery, treatment we thougth "this is it". CFS is really almost a diagnosis that you come up with when all else has failed.

Arminnie,
Which performance of Candlelight did you see? I went to the 6:45 both Friday and Saturday and was able to watch to 5pm performances both nights from the outside. Was specifically watching the interpreters at the 5pm ones.
Glad you enjoyed.

I was at the 6:45 performance on Friday night. I also got to see the end of the 5 pm performance from outside.

Several people (non-signers like me) said they felt like I did - that the person doing the signing added a beautiful touch to the program. I was in the middle section a little over to the left so not right by the interpreter but I kept looking over that way as it was so moving to watch even if I do not know sign language.

I was right in front of the interpreter with another DISer, DisneyCP2002. You were lucky as the interpreter you saw is one of the top in the nation. The one who did the 5pm show is her daughter and quite good as well. There were several deaf and hard of hearing at both shows I attended and all enjoyed Angela's interpreting immensely.
Btw I was the lady in the purple power wheelchair, but I transferred to a seat for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter