Emerald Aisle????

Ma Dizny

Earning My Ears
What is Emerald Aisle? We will be going down in March and need a minivan. I know National is very convenient. What benefits does the Emerald Aisle give and how do I join?

The Emerald Aisle is a line of cars that you get to choose from. The advantage is that you pay a lower fee, the disadvantage is that you don't have any control over what kind of vehicle you get. You may get a minivan, you may get an SUV, you may get a full size car. My BIL belongs to the Emerald Aisle, and we went down last year--they arrived 10:30 at night on December 29, 1999 and got a Buick Century--I'm not sure about the price, but he was really happy about the cost, and it was a really busy time for car rentals. I'd got to the National web site and check out what info they have. There is a fee for joining, but sometimes that is waived for a special.

brerrab03.jpg
<font color=red><font face="Comic Sans MS"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">proud member of the Danettes</marquee></font></font><font color=maroon><font face="Comic Sans MS">CBR October 1994
<font color=green>Treehouse January 2000
<font color=orange>ASMusic November 2000
<font color=dark pink>Polynesian March 2001</font></font>

You are not guaranteed an upgrade, but you are guaranteed the size car you reserved. For example, if you reserve a full size and none are on the aisle, you can get one from the full size aisle (see the attendant).

When I was there last month, they had a variety of cars to pick from, full size sedans, convertibles, SUV's. I got a 2001 Toyota Camry with 228 miles on it.

Also, you can join for free via www.biztravel.com (go to specials then cars and sign up there) or if you have Disney Club, the fee is waived.

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW-00 2X's
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

We always use EA, but I have only seen a minivan in the aisle once. Orlando often has a lot of SUVs, but they don't seat any more than a sedan if that is your criteria.

Disneydiane

I, too, have used the EA many times, successfully getting a Blazer and a minivan a lot of the times. However, if you absolutely need the minivan, which I do Spring break (for 3 sets of golf clubs,) you might want to go through Dollar. They, too, have a quick pick-up lane, called FASTLANE. I have a minivan reserved for $209.99 plus taxes. With Dollar, the FASTLANE gets you to the front of the line at the counter. I have used them several times and never waited more than 10 minutes. The EA price for a full-size during spring break through National was $182+ so I figured it was worth the little bit of difference to be guaranteed the minivan. Just my 2 cents worth -happy planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!