Emerald Aisle & Car seats?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
I'm trying to figure out all of my transportation options to WDW. We had a rental for the entire trip, but have decided to cancel. On of the reasons was that I had a great rate, but it was using a product rate code and that meant that we had to use conter service. I have seen the lines and with 3 young kids I would rather give up the good rate than stand in line. Well now I'm thinking about a limo, but then last night I thought what about getting a premium car from Emerald Choice? I could get a Cadillac for $71 or a Buick for $65; picking it up at MCO and taking it to WDW the next day. Then I could do my own grocery stop the next day and not worry about where or how much time I spend. The only problem is once I request 2 car seats it states my level of service is counter, and I won't do that. Has anyone used the Emerald Aisle when needing car seats? What did you do?

I just wanted to give a word of warning on the car seats at National. We rented a minivan from National (counter service) and needed an infant seat. The choices were terrible. Some were so dirty they were repulsive, and others had vinyl seats (in the Florida sun???). The car seats didn't seem to fit correctly in the van, and the attendant couldn't (wouldn't) help.

The minivan had a built-in carseat which is what we ended up using even though the child should still have been rear-facing (for another month). The built-in seemed more secure than the car seats. We will bring our own car seat next time.

All special items require you use counter. Bring your own seats, as stated, they are pretty grungy.

MickeyMagic, it may have been possible that the agent had no clue when it comes to car seats. And also most car rentals will not allow their employees to install or assist with car seat installation due to liability issues. I agree with others, bring your own car seat.

We actually have a car reservation for our entire vacation in Florida and I was planning on bringing our seats. My dh does not want to bring our car seats. He wants to make this as easy as possible since we have 3 kids and 2 that need seats. There is always a breakdown when we arrive back in Denver and he doesn't want to deal with getting and installing the carseats. We usually rent from Dollar and get the mini van with the built in seats, but we are doing a one way rental and a van for 2wks was like $800:( . Last yr when we rented from Dollar they gave us a carseat and it was a cloth seat that looked new:confused: I have seen those plastic seats and no way would I want that? Looks like I have some more planning to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter