Embassy Suites v. Caribe Royale

sayla27

Earning My Ears
Looking to book a last minute Spring Break vacation for my family of four - looking at either a suite (living room / separate bedroom) or possible condo location (Vista Cay or Cypress Pointe). Trying to compare these two suite options - Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South versus Caribe Royale All Suites. All in all the price is basically the same $1200 for six nights. Looking for some opinions / advice of those of you who might have stayed at either location. TIA.

Have stayed in both, and yes the suites are laid out very similar.

- ES will be newer, and rooms probably more fresh
- ES includes one of the best breakfast buffets we've ever had, and that saves us money as we will then skip lunch for an early dinner
- ES has a managers reception in evening if you plan to be there at all then
- Hilton Honors Points

- CR has a great pool area with slide and waterfall
- Much larger fitness center, spa/salon
- Stash Rewards Points
- More in house dining options

- They are equally good locations for getting to the parks

CR is a much larger resort than ES, but if I had to choose I'd likely go with ES. You can't go wrong with either one and the suites are similar in what you get.

ES has grocery across street (we do save some money that way) and variety of restaurants right around it (Caribe you have to drive). We don't spend much time at the pool, so the ES suites quiet pool is fine for us. We found by time we got back from parks even though the Caribe pool was open they had closed the slide. We love the breakfast buffet, it saves us at least $60 a day in breakfast costs plus the lunch we won't need. I like going through the lobby having hotel staff right there for us, at Caribe once checked in we never saw lobby again and rarely saw any staff. And we are Hilton people, so I prefer their points.

HopperFan - Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share with my husband as we make a final decision.

Was literally in the process of booking Embassy Suites LBV South when I had to step away from the computer. Came back to refresh it and the rates went from $171 to $216. So frustrated!!! Not sure if this is just a "booking on a Friday" thing or if the rates will stay there. Ugh!!!

Was literally in the process of booking Embassy Suites LBV South when I had to step away from the computer. Came back to refresh it and the rates went from $171 to $216. So frustrated!!! Not sure if this is just a "booking on a Friday" thing or if the rates will stay there. Ugh!!!

Keep checking it does fluctuate there. I got a rate for spring break awhile back for $113. I now have a family party that impacts my first day so I checked to rebook and it had jumped up to $189. I actually have a few trips booked for there. What I have found is if I think I'm going, just book it with a cancellable rate. I don't have to put down a deposit, so nothing to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter