Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
- NOT BVL south, but the one on Lake street.. Anyone ever stayed there and have an opinion/review?

ES is our go to and I've stayed at several in Orlando area. I have stayed at this one. Overall it is your normal ES in what they offer. It is the old style built around the high atrium.

Some things that are different is that it has an expanded pool area and sports amenities. When they did the renovation and added all this they also added a $20 a night resort fee. Once they added the resort fee, in addition to the $13 a night parking fee, we stopped staying there. We don't use all the sports amenities and since the Hilton Garden & Homewood Suites right next door don't charge for parking it seems it's more about the ability to do so than the necessity of it.

The other difference is that there are a number of rooms that are set in outside buildings that line the pool. This means you are walking outside to get to them and your door opens up to the outside. And potentially a long walk to main lobby area. I prefer a smaller footprint and interior halls.

We stayed there for 10 days last summer. It worked out great for the 5 of us (2 adults - 3 kids, 13, 8, 4). I used HHonors points for our entire stay, so we did not have to pay the resort fee, but did have to pay for parking. The kids loved the pool and our little one loved the splash area. We saved a ton of $$ due to the breakfast and evening reception. Our room was on the top floor at the very back corner by the pool. Great location as it was right next to the elevator and we were able to park by the gate everyday, so the walk back to our room was short and we were high enough that the pool noise did not bother us.
As HopperFan said, look into the Homewood Suites as an alternative if you need the extra space of a suite. Will probably be cheaper overall and you can cook meals in your room if you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!