Embarrasing Security Check point story

Dionnemay

Mouseketeer
This is kind of embarrassing but funny and I can laugh at myself and actually appreciate the security at Disney since it probably protects us from actual real dangers too.

Early this September I went to Disneyland with my 16 year y/o son and his friend. By sheer accident we ended up staying at the Portofino Inn about half mile down the street from Disney ( I had booked the tripped last minute on an impulse and THOUGHT I had made reservations for the Best Wester Raffles but didn’t realize until the day we arrived when the gps kept routing me to Portofino that I had booked a different hotel lol).

Well I was a little nervous because I had never stayed there before and hadn’t done any trip advisor research on the place but it wasn’t bad. One of the things the boys liked was the li8ttle gift shop that was housed right there in the hotel. They got most of their souvenirs there lol. Anyway, one morning as we headed out to the parks I stopped there to get some much needed sunglasses. My son and his friend found some “cool” chain necklaces with bullets (fake) at the end of them. They thought this would go great with their awesome sunglasses and Disney snapback hats they had bought the day before at the park. They were only five bucks so I got one for each of them and we proceeded to the parks.

When we got to the screening line they were stopped because apparently their necklaces weren’t allowed. They explained to the screener that they weren’t real and they had just purchased them at a gift shop but the screener told them they had to either leave it in the car or give it to them to dispose of. Well I had just spent $12 on those things and didn’t like the idea of just throwing them away. So I told the boys to give them to me and told the screener I would take them back to the car. Of course I wasn’t really going to do that- we had walked to the park and I wasn’t going to walk all the way back to the hotel just to put away some stupid fake bullet necklaces for some over-zealous screener. So while my sons went ahead to California Adventure gate, I walked through the crowd coming from the bus parking lot and turned around then went back through the screening line. As I exited into and was heading towards the California Adventureland gate my son called me and was whispering which I thought was weird. He said the had his friend were being help up at the entrance and a security guard was waiting with them for me to return. He told me to just stay away for a few minutes because if I came back too quickly they would want to know where I had put the necklaces but if I waited longer they would think I took them all the way back to the hotel and let them in. But I didn’t immediately believe or grasp what he was whispering and then he said never mind because the security guard had already spotted me on the phone and was waiting for me- they wanted to make sure I had gotten rid of the necklace. So I went to my son and he asked me if I still had it and if so, to give it to him so he could dispose of it. I had them in my pocket but I told him I had thrown them out. He said to show him which trash can so he could dig them out because they didn’t want to risk anyone else getting them. I panicked and told him I had tossed them in the bushes somewhere near the busses roundabout. So he said for me to retrace my steps and point in the general area where I had “tossed” the fake bullets and he would retrieve them. Ugh! So now I’m stuck either having to admit I still had them or play it off. I chose play it off. So I turned and walked back out and made sure I walked really fast and zigzagged through the crowd hoping to “lose” the security guy so he wouldn’t see me pull the bullets out of my pocket. Once I did, I stopped and pretended to search through a bush and dropped them on the ground. Them I picked them up and acted like I had “found” them. He wasn’t too far behind me but I was sure he didn’t see me and he didn’t say anything- just took the “contraband” and apologized to me for the inconvenience then let us all go in to the parks.

That evening I re-bought the bullets for the boys but made sure they left them in the hotel the next day.

Today I read a post on a site with Disney employee confessions where a screener posted “If we see something you have that’s forbidden, we know you will just rehide it. We have people in front of us and behind us that are always watching and we can call them to follow you once we know you have something. It’s actually really funny to bust people lying like that”

Now that’s embarrassing lol!:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter