Embarkation lunch on Magic

Mom2Finn

Mouseketeer
We are cruising on the Magic in May. What restaurant has the sit down lunch and does anyone have a link to the menu? Thanks!

We were on the Magic from 1/21-1/31. On the 1/21 cruise, embarkation lunch was in Cariocos as it had been on our previous cruises on the Magic including whatever it was called originally. On the 1/26 cruise, embarkation lunch was in Lumiere's. We were told it was because they had begun working on transformation of Cariocos. Sure enough for our dinners there that cruise, the entire buffet area was blocked/curtained off. Haven't seen a report since dry dock.

Seeing the menu that PrincessShmoo posted makes me want to cruise today!

We were on the Magic from 1/21-1/31. On the 1/21 cruise, embarkation lunch was in Cariocos as it had been on our previous cruises on the Magic including whatever it was called originally. On the 1/26 cruise, embarkation lunch was in Lumiere's. We were told it was because they had begun working on transformation of Cariocos. Sure enough for our dinners there that cruise, the entire buffet area was blocked/curtained off. Haven't seen a report since dry dock.

Seeing the menu that PrincessShmoo posted makes me want to cruise today!
The transformation is now complete and the space has become Rapunzel's Royal Table.

I would assume with the transformation to Rapunzel's Royal table, that embarkation lunch will be at Lumiere's now, saving the surprise of Rapunzel's until you dine there. On the Wonder, they have moved lunch to Tritions when they put in Tiana's place and it is no longer a buffet lunch and is a menu lunch. If your are looking for endless food of a buffet, then would suggest you go to deck 9 for the buffet. if you want a sit down relaxing lunch, then pick Lumiere's

I would assume with the transformation to Rapunzel's Royal table, that embarkation lunch will be at Lumiere's now, saving the surprise of Rapunzel's until you dine there. On the Wonder, they have moved lunch to Tritions when they put in Tiana's place and it is no longer a buffet lunch and is a menu lunch. If your are looking for endless food of a buffet, then would suggest you go to deck 9 for the buffet. if you want a sit down relaxing lunch, then pick Lumiere's

For some of us, it's not the "endless food" on the buffet but the multitude of choices. The menu is very limited for the sit-down IMHO.

For some of us, it's not the "endless food" on the buffet but the multitude of choices. The menu is very limited for the sit-down IMHO.

Probably poor wording on my comment. I was thinking of the shrimp that my DH and DD liked and it seeming ever endless supply. I miss the roast beef and prime rib carving stations.

Probably poor wording on my comment. I was thinking of the shrimp that my DH and DD liked and it seeming ever endless supply. I miss the roast beef and prime rib carving stations.

It's all good. For some people it is about the "endless food". :D

For me it's the choices. Even being gluten-free, I have many more options at Cabanas than the menu.

The transformation is now complete and the space has become Rapunzel's Royal Table.

Thanks for the actual name...I knew it was a Tangled theme and thought Rapunzel was in the name but hadn't paid attention to the new name. From your other posts, I gather you were on the B2B, too.

Embarkation lunch is no longer a buffet on the Fantasy or Magic either and hasn't been for maybe 18 months or so? I imagine that is true on the Dream as well but no experience on that ship. Totally agree about the relaxing aspect of the MDR for embarkation lunch. It is always our choice.

Although more limited than lunch at the MDR on other days, we all have things that we enjoy. I am thrilled that embarkation lunch in the MDR is no longer buffet with served drinks. Hate buffets. We all have different needs and preferences....it is nice to have options, isn't it?

This was true about the embarkation sit-down lunch being in Lumiere's on the current sailing's Navigator as posted on the Disney Cruise Line Blog.

For me it's the choices. Even being gluten-free, I have many more options at Cabanas than the menu.

kind of off topic, but we did travel with a friend who has food allergies, which included gluten and meeting with the Chef at Cabanas on day one and he pointed out which veggies were steamed over pasta water or what was cooked in the pasta water. Depending on your sensitivity to Gluten, you might want to ask. That is why when we traveled on our next cruise we did the lunch at Tritions and the head server met with her, pulled her paperwork and was able to have the chef create her something that worked. He then was able to take her order for that evenings meal. Gosh we love how well we were treated that trip.

kind of off topic, but we did travel with a friend who has food allergies, which included gluten and meeting with the Chef at Cabanas on day one and he pointed out which veggies were steamed over pasta water or what was cooked in the pasta water. Depending on your sensitivity to Gluten, you might want to ask. That is why when we traveled on our next cruise we did the lunch at Tritions and the head server met with her, pulled her paperwork and was able to have the chef create her something that worked. He then was able to take her order for that evenings meal. Gosh we love how well we were treated that trip.

I'm very aware of what to do at Cabanas. Have done it before. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter