email notifications going to Junk

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Even though it is touched on in the notifications thread, I thought this warranted a separate thread.

Email notifications are being sent out under Alex's email address (webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com)

I use Outlook 2013 for my dominant email client. Because I get a lot of spam, i set up a rule to move any email which Outlook thinks is spam (see below) to my junk email folder. Specifically, if outlook classifies any email as "SPF: softfail" the email goes to junk. Unfortunately, emails from the disboards.com are now being categorized as "SPF:softball." (For more on SPF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework)

Here is the message I get in the email header: Received-SPF: SoftFail (p02c11m014.mxlogic.net: transitioning domain of wdwinfo.com does not designate 166.78.219.222 as permitted sender).

The problem appears to be with the DNS resolution. Notification emails are apparently being sent from a domain within the ip address range 166.78.219.xxx. My email client, however, does not yet recognize that wdwinfo.com has designated this ip address as a permitted sender of email from the wdwinfo.com domain. I'm hoping this will resolve itself as DNS servers and SPFs' are updated. But in the meantime, I've disabled my "softfail" rule, hoping this will work.

Interesting. The email notifications I got on Friday were coming from boards@disboards.com instead of the webmasteralex email address. They must be working on a fix.

By the way, did spell check get you on this?

Specifically, if outlook classifies any email as "SPF: softfail" the email goes to junk. Unfortunately, emails from the disboards.com are now being categorized as "SPF:softball." (For more on SPF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework)
Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter