Email From MS re DVC Resorts and new point extensions

Are we sure DVC will be canceling reservations any longer? That is no longer part of the DVC message,

I only mention so that you are not assuming that and then find there is an issue.
Hmmm. That is very possible. I might wait a few days and see what happens. At this date, I don't have much hope for a good outcome anyway. Those poor points have been in and out of so many reservations they probably are ready for the end of their journey.

Hmmm. That is very possible. I might wait a few days and see what happens. At this date, I don't have much hope for a good outcome anyway. Those poor points have been in and out of so many reservations they probably are ready for the end of their journey.

Hahaha. Thats what my activity looks like. I just changed my October trip 3 times in the last two days!

I just reread the email and it says reservations during the closure. It only mentions closure period as necessary, not when the reservations were made. I'm fine with whatever happens. There have been so many other negatives lately, this is just another hiccup. :)

Do we have to call or do anything to have points extended? I moved an early June reservation to August which is 17 less points. I have a Sept UY. I'm making a reservation for March and would like to use those 17 points if possible.

Do we have to call or do anything to have points extended? I moved an early June reservation to August which is 17 less points. I have a Sept UY. I'm making a reservation for March and would like to use those 17 points if possible.

You may need to call because they haven’t really come it with how it is happening. When it was just April and June UY, they were told they had to wait until after June 5th before the points would show up.

Someone posted with an Aug UY that the called and a CM moved their 2019 points while on the phone and did all the reallocation.

So, if you have a need for them now, call.

Just sent an email and listed the reservations that were cancelled and the points used w 4 different contracts and another contract that used borrowed points to make a reservation for the now cancelled Epcot MM for June. Hoping for the best, since I did stupidly move them last week to the end of July (just in case, there was no reprieve), which I have now cancelled.

You may need to call because they haven’t really come it with how it is happening. When it was just April and June UY, they were told they had to wait until after June 5th before the points would show up.

Someone posted with an Aug UY that the called and a CM moved their 2019 points while on the phone and did all the reallocation.

So, if you have a need for them now, call.

Thanks. I think I'll probably wait until the after the August reservation. I wouldn't want to move them and then end up changing August and need them this UY.

Just sent an email and listed the reservations that were cancelled and the points used w 4 different contracts and another contract that used borrowed points to make a reservation for the now cancelled Epcot MM for June. Hoping for the best, since I did stupidly move them last week to the end of July (just in case, there was no reprieve), which I have now cancelled.

Keep us posted with what happens with all the different type of points!

I had a reservation on 2018 banked points for 1 st week of June that I cancelled and moved to end of July. I then cancelled that because of the restrictions and MS said those points cannot be extended.

I had a reservation on 2018 banked points for 1 st week of June that I cancelled and moved to end of July. I then cancelled that because of the restrictions and MS said those points cannot be extended.
DVC made an Offer. The 5/27 email offered to extend those points used for reservations during the closure. If they want to decide there are restrictions to that official offer from Ms. Schultz, they should have put that in writing. One reason I did this in an email; I quoted the criteria in the email and proved my Reservations complied w that stated criteria.

DVC made an Offer. The 5/27 email offered to extend those points used for reservations during the closure. If they want to decide there are restrictions to that official offer from Ms. Schultz, they should have put that in writing. One reason I did this in an email; I quoted the criteria in the email and proved my Reservations complied w that stated criteria.

But what they are saying is that if you moved them to another reservation outside of the closure before the announcement was made, those points are not eligible because once in a new reservation they are no longer coming from a valid reservation, regardless if you had one before

I don’t agree because people rebooked when they were told no extension.

So, it will be good to hear what you are told.

But what they are saying is that if you moved them to another reservation outside of the closure before the announcement was made, those points are not eligible because once in a new reservation they are no longer coming from a valid reservation, regardless if you had one before

I don’t agree because people rebooked when they were told no extension.

So, it will be good to hear what you are told.
DVC might say that but it would be illogical bc my reservations for 4/28 and mid May (don't recall the exact date at moment) came and went. There was no reservation to keep. Just bc you park points in another Reservation does not negate the plain English of their offer: reservation during closure makes you eligible to extend your points. The new reservation in no way extinguishes the fact you had a closure time-frame reservation. And, that's the ONLY criteria per Ms. Schultz.

DVC might say that but it would be illogical bc my reservations for 4/28 and mid May (don't recall the exact date at moment) came and went. There was no reservation to keep. Just bc you park points in another Reservation does not negate the plain English of their offer: reservation during closure makes you eligible to extend your points. The new reservation in no way extinguishes the fact you had a closure time-frame reservation. And, that's the ONLY criteria per Ms. Schultz.

Not to argue, but the email doesn’t have to include the fine print. It doesn’t include the 2018 points have to be used by calling either..or they can’t be used for current reservations.

So, technically, putting them into a new one does change their status. Again, I don’t think they should treat them that way, but there is nothing in the email that prevents them from saying that the last place your points came from was a reservation not included in the closure. You can certInly argue that they did originally, but the fact that when the announcement was announced, they were not, I certainly think DVC can disqualify them and nothing in the written policy contradicts that,

But, as I said, I think it’s petty and hope with lots of complaints, it will be amended.

Not to argue, but the email doesn’t have to include the fine print. It doesn’t include the 2018 points have to be used by calling either..or they can’t be used for current reservations.

So, technically, putting them into a new one does change their status. Again, I don’t think they should treat them that way, but there is nothing in the email that prevents them from saying that the last place your points came from was a reservation not included in the closure. You can certInly argue that they did originally, but the fact that when the announcement was announced, they were not, I certainly think DVC can disqualify them and nothing in the written policy contradicts that,

But, as I said, I think it’s petty and hope with lots of complaints, it will be amended.
I certainly agree with an earlier point you made, iirc, that they were very short-sighted not to have included restrictions in the 5/27 email, if that is what they planned to do. Don't create a magnanimous sounding solution to the problem, when, in fact, it is none of that. I know we are all on the same side here. :) But, from my perspective, the August and September UY members were really short-changed. August UY members were left in limbo with no input for 10 weeks on what would happen, at which time they learned DVC parks would be open the last couple of weeks of their UY. To be penalized bc members were fearful and parked points in a reservation days away from the end of their UY is punitive on DVC's part. JMHO, of course. :)

I certainly agree with an earlier point you made, iirc, that they were very short-sighted not to have included restrictions in the 5/27 email, if that is what they planned to do. Don't create a magnanimous sounding solution to the problem, when, in fact, it is none of that. I know we are all on the same side here. :) But, from my perspective, the August and September UY members were really short-changed. August UY members were left in limbo with no input for 10 weeks on what would happen, at which time they learned DVC parks would be open the last couple of weeks of their UY. To be penalized bc members were fearful and parked points in a reservation days away from the end of their UY is punitive on DVC's part. JMHO, of course. :)

Agree with you..given you a heads up of what I think they will tell you and you will be able to have all the great comebacks for them ready so you report back here that you got them to cave!!

Agree with you..given you a heads up of what I think they will tell you and you will be able to have all the great comebacks for them ready so you report back here that you got them to cave!!
LOL! I doubt I could make the great DVC even wiggle in their chair a bit, but I can send an email up the chain and tell them, as usual, they failed to game plan and ended up with another Disney Debacle. I would have been okay if they did nothing, but these semi, sorta attempts at appearing to do the right thing, when the strings attached made it actually none-of-the-above, squelch the magic, definitely.

LOL! I doubt I could make the great DVC even wiggle in their chair a bit, but I can send an email up the chain and tell them, as usual, they failed to game plan and ended up with another Disney Debacle. I would have been okay if they did nothing, but these semi, sorta attempts at appearing to do the right thing, when the strings attached made it actually none-of-the-above, squelch the magic, definitely.

Like I shared, I don’t even have points in play,.well, 15 that were in an initial that I didn’t need..but emailed them anyway that the rules should be on the website.

Like I shared, I don’t even have points in play,.well, 15 that were in an initial that I didn’t need..but emailed them anyway that the rules should be on the website.
Right! What oblivious suit-person decided to make it all double -secret, behind closed doors, rather than letting us know on Day One what the rules were? It makes no sense.

It will be interesting to see if my Aug UYU 2018 banked points are eligible for the extension. They were originally for an early June reservation which also used 2019 points. I cancelled that reservation on March 30th so I could bank the 2019 points. (there had been no announcement about allowing late banking before my March 31st banking deadline)

I then (foolishly) used the 2018 banked points for a reservation in late July. After a few days I realized there was no way we would go in late July so I cancelled that reservation in early April. I was worried that if those points were last used for that late July reservation, even though I cancelled it in early April, they might not qualify for whatever exception DVC might announce in the future. I therefore used all of my 2018 banked points to book a reservation in early May, which I knew would be, and was in fact cancelled due to the closure.

I wonder if DVC looks at the history of those points, and sees they were (for about 7 days) used for a reservation in late July, they will decide my points also do not qualify for the extension.

It will be interesting to see if my Aug UYU 2018 banked points are eligible for the extension. They were originally for an early June reservation which also used 2019 points. I cancelled that reservation on March 30th so I could bank the 2019 points. (there had been no announcement about allowing late banking before my March 31st banking deadline)

I then (foolishly) used the 2018 banked points for a reservation in late July. After a few days I realized there was no way we would go in late July so I cancelled that reservation in early April. I was worried that if those points were last used for that late July reservation, even though I cancelled it in early April, they might not qualify for whatever exception DVC might announce in the future. I therefore used all of my 2018 banked points to book a reservation in early May, which I knew would be, and was in fact cancelled due to the closure.

I wonder if DVC looks at the history of those points, and sees they were (for about 7 days) used for a reservation in late July, they will decide my points also do not qualify for the extension.

I think your situation would be one...if we use the same logic...eligible for the extension because your last use of them is a date of resort closure,

I don’t think they can have it both ways...well they can, but I don’t think they will...that if people are disqualified because the last use is not in a resort closure time, I don’t think they can say that you don’t qualify because your second than last one wasn’t,

I do think you should be good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter