Email From MS re DVC Resorts and new point extensions

that is very frustrating. I grabbed something to swap points with back in April or early May. As they said it would take two months before they put points back on the account
Yeah. I voiced concerns over what MS is be like with everyone sitting on extended bank points trying to call in to make reservations and change things around since you won't be able to view the points online. I asked if they had concerns about it and they were said that it's advisable to see if anything is available prior to calling.. :charac2:

Yeah. I voiced concerns over what MS is be like with everyone sitting on extended bank points trying to call in to make reservations and change things around since you won't be able to view the points online. I asked if they had concerns about it and they were said that it's advisable to see if anything is available prior to calling.. :charac2:

yeah I’m just annoyed as I used Bwv points because was under my membership with the expired points and I could have used Ssr points under different membership

yeah I’m just annoyed as I used Bwv points because was under my membership with the expired points and I could have used Ssr points under different membership

Just so you know....you can never book a reservation on one membership and then use points from another membership unless you transfer points...and those points can only be current UY points,

If you have multiple contracts in one membership, and something is booked within 7 months, then you can do what you wanted.

Im sorry that it sounds like these expired points come with lots of restrictions.

Just so you know....you can never book a reservation on one membership and then use points from another membership unless you transfer points...and those points can only be current UY points,

If you have multiple contracts in one membership, and something is booked within 7 months, then you can do what you wanted.

Im sorry that it sounds like these expired points come with lots of restrictions.

thanks! Yeah I was just saying I used my BWV membership because i thought I’d be able to switch to the expired points. If I was told back then I couldn’t then I would have just used my SSR points instead and not lose the BWV points with better home priority. Can’t change now because everything is sold out.

But oh well

Sorry I’m a little confused. These point are only extended if the points were originally used for a reservation? Or are they extended for all those use years? I have August year, and forgot to bank my 2019 points, and have banked 2018. We were planning to use the 2018 points for a quick trip this summer and delayed it waiting for news. So we never booked anything.

Sorry I’m a little confused. These point are only extended if the points were originally used for a reservation? Or are they extended for all those use years? I have August year, and forgot to bank my 2019 points, and have banked 2018. We were planning to use the 2018 points for a quick trip this summer and delayed it waiting for news. So we never booked anything.

Only apply to reservations that were booked and then canceled because of the closure,

If you did not have them used at all, then normal rules apply and unfortunately your banked 2018 and now your 2019 will expire July 31st, 2020.

Thanks Sandisw, we should have booked and not waited. We missed the deadline by a couple days for the 2019 points.

I wonder if it would be possible to quickly grab a reservation for the closed time and see if those points would then be moved. If they're going to expire anyways it may be worth a shot. I do not know if it will allow a booking....I just took a look and was able to find dates and got it to the point where you choose your contract though so who knows (I didn't finish the reservation as it would involve borrowing points).

I'd still call and ask if they could bank the 2019 points. Never hurts to ask and late banking exceptions have been given at times as a "one time pixie dust" moment. May not be done but then again it might.

I did called them back in at the end of March and they said they weren’t doing any banking exception. Wonder if it will be different now?

I did called them back in at the end of March and they said they weren’t doing any banking exception. Wonder if it will be different now?

They've changed that since March with both their first announcement about point extensions and again now. You are correct that nobody was getting banking extensions at the time you called. I just don't know if they'll really review your account to see if it was because of a cancelled reservation or not which in general is the requirement but they still might do it.

I wonder if it would be possible to quickly grab a reservation for the closed time and see if those points would then be moved. If they're going to expire anyways it may be worth a shot. I do not know if it will allow a booking....I just took a look and was able to find dates and got it to the point where you choose your contract though so who knows (I didn't finish the reservation as it would involve borrowing points).

Someone said they have pulled all availability for before the 22nd so may not be an option.

Someone said they have pulled all availability for before the 22nd so may not be an option.
If you look right now there is availabilty.

ETA, I don't know if it will allow the booking or error at the end.

If you look right now there is availabilty.

ETA, I don't know if it will allow the booking or error at the end.

Maybe the report was wrong or won’t go through and Let one book. Huge message about opening dates, so even if so, they’d probably not let that slide, Lol

As mentioned, though, it never hurts to try!

Maybe the report was wrong or won’t go through and Let one book. Huge message about opening dates, so even if so, they’d probably not let that slide, Lol

As mentioned, though, it never hurts to try!
Yeah, if the points are going to waste anyways, throw the hail mary!! Lol.

I was informed with these specific points, they would not allow you to modify to use the older points first without a cancel and rebook situation. I had planned on trying to grab a few nights in October with my current UY points and then swap out the points with the banked 2018 ones in early June because in the past, we've done something similar. I was told that for this instance in relation to COVID19 that the 2018 banked points with the Nov. 30th extension would only be able to be used after the following:
1. disappear from your dashboard which is a notification that they have been banked by DVC
2. you must call in to book
3. they can only be used on new reservations.

If someone finds out something else, please let me know! I'd be happy to grab what I need now and then swap out to use the older points later.

If they can only be used for new reservations, they are all but worthless given current availability for October and November. I assume availability for new reservations will be even less if members have to wait until after they disappear from the dashboard. It was reported that will be June 5th for June UY's, with no date currently announced (as far as I know) for later UY's.

I wonder if they will be allowed to be deposited into RCI?

ETA: With regard to RCI, since 2018 banked Aug UY points would normally expire on July 31, 2020 they would normally need to be deposited into RCI, by June 17, 202 to avoid restrictions in RCI. With the extension to November 30, 2020 could they now be deposited into RCI as late as October 15th?

Last edited:
They can not swap if the points you want switched are both in reservations, That requires a cancel and rebook,

If the points are sitting in your account, then you can reallocate. I do this all the time. The extended points from 2018 can only be used by calling, but as long as they aren’t in a current reservation, then the CM can modify the current one and it will pick up...well it should...the older points first,

Wow this post just made my day (!!!)

EDIT: maybe i spoke too soon after reading subsequent replies, boo. We'll see.

Wow this post just made my day (!!!)

EDIT: maybe i spoke too soon after reading subsequent replies, boo. We'll see.

Sorry,,,that was posted before we got the reports, But, with the new changes announced yesterday, I keep seeing so much change in terms of rooms, so maybe, just maybe, people will be able to snag something they already have with the points and then just cancel the others.

I had most of my points in April or May reservations that were cancelled, but 36 points were used for the MM June 29 Epcot event and I hate to lose those. So, I just used all my points for a early June reservation. Guess we'll see what happens. I really hate losing those MM event points bc I could have banked them, if DVC had cancelled the MM events early rather than waiting.

Last edited:
I had most of my points in April or May reservations that were cancelled, but 36 points were used for the MM June 29 Epcot event and I hate to lose those. So, I just used all my points for a 6/15-20 reservation at BWV. Guess we'll see what happens. I really hate losing those MM event points bc I could have banked them, if DVC had cancelled the MM events early rather than waiting.

Are we sure DVC will be canceling reservations any longer? That is no longer part of the DVC message,

I only mention so that you are not assuming that and then find there is an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter