Email about Disney VISA 4% promotion

I remember seeing this email a while ago, and couldnt get the link to work. I just got another email and was able to sign up. I am now wishing I had tried a little harder. Oh Well. It will be kinda a pain to move all my auto payments to this card for only 2 months. Maybe they will extend the promo past Aug?! :) Anyone know if Netfix counts in the place of cable?

I remember seeing this email a while ago, and couldnt get the link to work. I just got another email and was able to sign up. I am now wishing I had tried a little harder. Oh Well. It will be kinda a pain to move all my auto payments to this card for only 2 months. Maybe they will extend the promo past Aug?! :) Anyone know if Netfix counts in the place of cable?

The fine print wording was a bit confusing. It said something about as long as you had signed up by August 31 you were eligible for the promo. So to me it sounds like maybe you would get points from even before you signed up, but I just don't know for certain. I didn't sign up right away either.

The fine print wording was a bit confusing. It said something about as long as you had signed up by August 31 you were eligible for the promo. So to me it sounds like maybe you would get points from even before you signed up, but I just don't know for certain. I didn't sign up right away either.

Here it is:

1 4% in Disney Dream Reward DollarsOffer: To be eligible for this offer, you must log on to the website referenced in this offer and enroll by 8/31/17, 11:59 p.m. EST. You'll earn 4% total in Disney Dream Reward Dollarsfor each $1 spent until 500 Disney Dream Reward Dollarsare earned on combined purchases in the reward categories listed below during the promotional period (3% additional Disney Dream Rewards Dollarson top of the 1% Disney Dream Rewards Dollarsearned on each purchase). This equates to $0.04 in total Disney Dream Reward Dollars, for each $1 spent, until you reach the 500 limit. 500 Disney Dream Reward Dollarsis equal to $12,500 in spend. After 500 Disney Dream Reward Dollarsare earned on combined purchases in the reward categories listed below, you go back to earning 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollarsfor every dollar spent, with no maximum. For a purchase to qualify for this offer, the merchant must submit charges to your credit card by the last day of the promotional period. All of your eligible purchases during the promotional period will be automatically counted, as long as you have enrolled by 8/31/17. Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying purchases post to your account for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Rewards Categories: Internet, Cable, Phone Service, and Utilities category merchantsprovide electric, household fuel, water, sanitation, internet, cable, satellite television, radio, cellular, wireless data, and landline services. Please note that purchases of equipment and some merchants that sell utility-related goods and services are not included; for example, electronics or other retail stores and merchants offering maintenance and cleaning services. In addition, if you purchase or pay for your internet, cable and satellite television, phone or related services in a merchant's store that is not registered by the merchant in the applicable services category, the purchase or payment will not qualify; for example, phone bill payments in a merchant’s store that register to Chase as a telephone equipment store. Insurance category merchantsprovide health, automobile, homeowners, medical, and life insurance. What determines whether a merchant falls into a category?Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard credit cards are assigned a merchant code, which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa/MasterCard procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. We group similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making offers to you. Please note: We make every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in our categories. However, even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won't qualify for offers on purchases in that category. Purchases submitted by you, an authorized user, or the merchant through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, online or mobile digital wallets, or similar technology will not qualify in a category if the technology is not set up to process the purchase in that category. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

Here it is:

4% in Disney Dream Reward DollarsOffer: Insurance category merchantsprovide health, automobile, homeowners, medical, and life insurance.

Well, thanks so much for posting! I've been paying my utilities, cable and auto ins using the promo but NEVER even thought of our LIFE insurance! After reading your post I checked and it's due Aug 25th... PERFECT! I'll pay the annual premium rather than semi-annual and rack up even more Disney Rewards. Thanks again!

Kinda late in the game but I just noticed that Netflix counts for the 4%. I have the cheapest plan possible so it's a whopping $.35 but since I've had netflix on this card for probably 5 years now, it's a nice bonus :) I never thought about it as a utility so I never checked what it was earning until I went to add up my points this month.

Along the same vein I didn't think of trash collection as a utility, it is. Right after I signed up for the promo the 2nd quarter payment posted to my usual card... if I'd have thought harder about it I could have switched cards right in time. I think I can prepay for the last quarter, so hopefully that makes up for my dopiness earlier.

I guess if Netflix counts, XM/Sirius radio might count? I think hubby's contract is coming up. Anyone know?

Cool that Netflix counts! I'll switch cards on my account for now, then. I signed up as soon as I got the promo email back in March (?) and have been getting my 4% every month.

Woo Hoo! My rewards doubled after my last statement!! So, for those of you who signed up late, like I did, you will get what they call a Retroactive Bonus! Awesome! So if you haven't signed up yet, do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!