Electric wheelchair transfer question

LostLocal

Earning My Ears
I have recently purchased an electric wheelchair. As I live in the Orlando area, I don’t have to worry about baggage handlers, so it’s my intention to use it at the parks. It is a smaller, four wheeled, RWD chair. It also has a rear push bar, and with the flip of a couple of switches, it functions as a manual chair. (Weight is about 45lbs, unloaded.)

Since it is the same size as a manual, and it is easily turned into a manual chair (for rides like Haunted Mansion and Figment, where the cast members move your chair), will I need to transfer to a manual for those ride lines that normally require you to park your ECV and transfer to a manual chair? I can walk short distances, and can transfer to ride vehicles unassisted, but I have issues with my left arm that make controlling a manual chair—well, let’s go with ‘an adventure’.

Power wheelchairs, in general, are handled just like manual wheelchairs.
The reason is that they have the same kind of ‘footprint’ as manual chairs and csn turn much more sharply/in a smaller space than ECVs can.

Power wheelchairs, in general, are handled just like manual wheelchairs.
The reason is that they have the same kind of ‘footprint’ as manual chairs and csn turn much more sharply/in a smaller space than ECVs can.

Terrific! Thank you so much for the information. Not having to try and negotiate the decorative paving in the Haunted Mansion queue in a manual chair will be such a relief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!