Electric car charging

crystal1313

DIS Veteran
Hi! I have been trying to find some info about electric car charging. We are thinking about trying it out on our next trip at the end of the month. I see that only M&F has electric car charging. We go early and are there before rope drop, so we shouldn't have an issue parking in M&F right? If anyone has used the electric car charging, I would love to hear any feedback. Do the stations fill up fast? Any other tips? Any advice and/or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!:car::goodvibes

Hi! I have been trying to find some info about electric car charging. We are thinking about trying it out on our next trip at the end of the month. I see that only M&F has electric car charging. We go early and are there before rope drop, so we shouldn't have an issue parking in M&F right? If anyone has used the electric car charging, I would love to hear any feedback. Do the stations fill up fast? Any other tips? Any advice and/or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!:car::goodvibes
Just a heads up there are only a handful of electric car charging spots right now since a lot of them were on the chip and dale level where the tram pickup is located now.

Hello! Following up on this! Does anyone know how many chargers there are in M&F now that construction is over? If we get there before rope drop (7AMish), will we have an issue getting spot? TIA!!

Hello! Following up on this! Does anyone know how many chargers there are in M&F now that construction is over? If we get there before rope drop (7AMish), will we have an issue getting spot? TIA!!
They are still only a handful in Mickey and friends. They haven’t reopened where the tram loading was for parking yet. However, the Pixar structure has some but I don’t know how many or which level(s) they are on.

Have you checked Plugshare.com to get info on the chargers?
Yes, my husband is checking to see and lots of complaints of hybrids that are not charging that park in the charging spots. Was just hoping to get advice/opinion from those who go to the parks more often than us and our once a year trips! We usually stay a the Hilton Convention center and they charge the car for us, but the rates were crazy expensive this time.

Last edited:
Yes, my husband is checking to see and lots of complaints of hybrids that are not charging that park in the charging sports. Was just hoping to get advice/opinion from those who go to the parks more often than us and our once a year trips! We usually stay a the Hilton Convention center and they charge the car for us, but the rates were crazy expensive this time.

You'll get better information on plugshare I think than in a forum where only a very small percentage might drive an EV to the park.

Pixar Pals Garage has a good number. I believe I saw them on the Cars themed level. We arrived at 9am during the week and there were plenty.

You'll get better information on plugshare I think than in a forum where only a very small percentage might drive an EV to the park.
Right, but wanted to ask people who frequent the parks. Who might notice more details and give more info than just complaining about people hogging up the chargers, like those on plugshare. I know they are still finishing up construction in that area, so thought I would ask if anyone noticed. Usually people are more helpful and friendly on this forum then I find on others......

Pixar Pals Garage has a good number. I believe I saw them on the Cars themed level. We arrived at 9am during the week and there were plenty.
Thank you!

@crystal1313 OK -- I checked for you at the parking structure a few hours ago. There's a whole row of car chargers on the third floor on the far south side. That is, the Cars level just opposite row 37D. I spoke with two different CMs at the parking structure and they both assured me that this is the only place where there are chargers. A few pics:

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Last edited:
@crystal1313 OK -- I checked for you at the parking structure a few hours ago. There's a whole row of car chargers on the third floor on the far south side. That is, the Cars level just opposite row 37D. I spoke with two different CMs at the parking structure and they both assured me that this is the only place where there are chargers.Here are some pics:

View attachment 453819

View attachment 453820
Thank you SO much @WonkaKid !! Very much appreciated!!

If anyone is looking for a cheaper hotel option with chargers. There were at least 2 (possibly 3) at Stanford Inn & Suites. It’s a block and a half south of the entrance to the Toy Story lot on Harbor.

Just got back - Tesla 3 - routinely on the trip -- Hyatt Place - 2 tesla destination chargers and 1 Level 2 charger.

Toy Story lot on the 'new' side has an entire row of chargers (looked like chargepoint from distance) -- but that entire lot hasn't been made available open yet. I've seen buses parked there but not cars yet -- maybe awaiting the security area to open?

Just got back - Tesla 3 - routinely on the trip -- Hyatt Place - 2 tesla destination chargers and 1 Level 2 charger.

Toy Story lot on the 'new' side has an entire row of chargers (looked like chargepoint from distance) -- but that entire lot hasn't been made available open yet. I've seen buses parked there but not cars yet -- maybe awaiting the security area to open?
Per the permit filing they were adding somewhere around 100 car charging stations to the toy story lot.

Wow! All great info, thank you! We ended up supercharging at Santa Ana because we didn't want to pay to park at Pixar Pals and not get a spot to charge. We already decided that was a pain and next trip we will for sure stay somewhere with chargers. Most likely the Hilton Convention Center, but great to know there are other options. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!