El Tel & Co Dining Reviews (with photos) 21 Oct to 4 Nov - Day 6

El Tel

Mouseketeer
DAY 6 – THURSDAY 26th OCTOBER 2006

My trip report for this day can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1286953

The plan for today is to head off to Universal Studios. I’m then thinking of looking around International Drive and having dinner somewhere there – Bahama Breeze gets good reviews, so it’s a possibility.

Meals ended up as follows:

Breakfast
Time: 09:45am

Overall:
Food rating: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 6/10

Yawn, not Mara again! I had grand ideas of spending my CS credits elsewhere with a bit more class and value. However, the breakfasts are perfectly reasonable. Sorry, no photos - they would look the same as on previous posts.

Me:
Adult Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, biscuit and sausage $5.59
Large Orange Juice - $2.99

DW:
Adult Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, biscuit and bacon $5.59

DS:
Fruit Cup - $2.99
Choc Chip Cookie (?) - $2.50

DD:
Breakfast Wrap - $5.59

Lunch

Time: 02:30pm

Overall:
Food rating: 6/10
Service: 5/10
Atmosphere: 7/10

113791PA261339-resize.jpg

Sorry, no food photos - I was only really thinking about photographing Disney meals. Service was fairly average but the surroundings were a bit more interesting – themed around the San Francisco earthquake (not as bad as it sounds). The food was on a par with Disney equivalent – e.g. Pecos Bill’s but not so good on the ‘fixings’

Me:
The Richter Scale Salad - Grilled Chicken Breast served on a bed of fresh greens with dressing - $7.69
Bottled Beer - $4.99

DW:
The San Andreas - Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fries. - $7.49
Large Diet Coke - $2.99

DS:
The Richter Scale Salad - Grilled Chicken Breast served on a bed of fresh greens with dressing - $7.69
Large Coke - $2.99

DD:

Dinner

Time: 07:30pm

Overall:
Food rating: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 8/10

Sorry, no photos - I was only really thinking about photographing Disney meals. If you want to have a look at their menu and photographs try this link:
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/

Me:
Island Onion Rings - thick-cut and coconut-breaded with chili-horseradish and citrus mustard dipping sauces – $7.99
Barbecue Chicken Breast - wood-grilled with sweet and smokey guava barbecue sauce, topped with applewood bacon and melted cheese, served with fresh broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes – $15.25

DW:
Coconut Shrimp - crispy large shrimp hand-breaded with sweet flaky coconut, with citrus-mustard dipping sauce - $8.99
Jerk Chicken Pasta - sliced jerk chicken breast, fresh asparagus and mushrooms tossed in a rich parmesan-herb cream sauce with bow-tie pasta - $15.25

DS:
Habañero Wings - crisply fried and tossed in a spicy habañero pepper barbecue sauce - $9.99
Barbecue Chicken Breast - wood-grilled with sweet and smokey guava barbecue sauce, topped with applewood bacon and melted cheese, served with fresh broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes – $15.25

DD:
Chicken Tortilla Soup - roasted chicken broth with fresh vegetables, chicken, roasted peppers, corn and fresh avocado - $4.99
Jerk Chicken Pasta (lite portion) - sliced jerk chicken breast, fresh asparagus and mushrooms tossed in a rich parmesan-herb cream sauce with bow-tie pasta - $11.25

Be warned– the portions are huge – this meal nearly did us in! We made the mistake of going for an appetiser each. The menu made a point of saying that the appetisers were to share – fair enough, we were going to sample each others. What it must have meant was – only buy one, there is enough to feed an army. My onion rings came as two large stacks. DS got a large bowl of spicy habañero wings that he could barely start let alone finish. The coconut shrimp was very tasty – and was just about manageable as a starter. The soup was large but also manageable.

Entrees were equally huge – very large plates filled with nice food. My barbecue chicken breast was very good, lots of exotic, interesting flavours in there. DW and DD liked their jerk chicken pasta too – very filling and rich. None of us managed to finish our entrees.

Deserts – the desert menus looked delicious but there was no way we could eat another course without being taken out by forklift truck, so sadly we had to pass.

To be honest I was barely concentrating on how good the food was because eating it was a struggle – the meal was a treat for the eyes, nose and mouth but my main recollection is of being absolutely stuffed. I recommend going easy on the appetisers. We’ll probably come back here in future, but with a more realistic view of our stomach capacity.

Oh – I almost forgot the drinks:
Aruba Red beer – $3.50 - an amber lager. One of the better beers I’ve tasted in the US – it had a stronger flavour than others. Mohito Cubano – $5.25 - a bit of a disappointment as there was hardly any mint in it (so no mint taste). Coke - $2.25 – cold, fizzy, tasted of cola :rolleyes: . Orange Juice – $2.99 – juice from an orange.

Day 7 – Islands of Adventure for the day, but back to Disney and the DDP for the evening – Teppanyaki with lots of photos.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews-Bahama Breeze is a really good off-site choice! :flower2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter